What's new

Drahmin unlikely to make it in to Mortal Kombat X roster, says Boon

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Of course Drahmin won't make it. Because some insectoid hoodie hoe, Ancient Ogre/Osiris, Sonya 2.0 and a very original and innovative brute with loli on his back are much better choices. Kinda bummer the whole roster doesn't consist of Scorpions, right, Ed ?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
What if they tried to revamp mokap into a serious character.

Could they do the impossible?

I at least want him to be a cameo during the inevitable "Earthrealm needs new warriors to fight the forces of darkness!" section of the MKX story mode.

Ehh, don't care. I want Meat in only because his martial art was Wrestling. Nobody wants a fleshless, dripping corpse rubbing up against them
I think drahmin would fit better to rub against other people.

Because he smells. Like... REALLY bad, hence the flies

Error

DF2+R2
I guess Drahmin was dropped because of that hammer & sickle symbol on his chest
Apparently NRS can't program a character with one weapon on one arm, like Freddy Krueger, it has to be on both arms.

Reptile another swapped Scorpion...

For Fuck sake, these characters are icons of MK. We will always see Ryu and Ken, Kazuya and Heihachi and so on. People, there is always Mugen with 10k+ character options, stop bitchin'.
Sub-Zero and Scorpion are the icons of MK. Reptile is so irrelevant, and unless he becomes Onaga again he'll continue to be irrelevant to the plot.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
They should give Drahmin an ability to take club on/off so it can switch to either arm. If that is hard (since it's more of an armored glove than normal club per se), then they should modify it (for example take MKDA club, split it in two halves, each half attached to one of arms to serve as arm guard piece, then during special move he puts both halves on same hand and they lock to form MKDA club). This is very easy if they apply some creativity to it.

They should give Drahmin an ability to take club on/off so it can switch to either arm. If that is hard (since it's more of an armored glove than normal club per se), then they should modify it (for example take MKDA club, split it in two halves, each half attached to one of arms to serve as arm guard piece, then during special move he puts both halves on same hand and they lock to form MKDA club). This is very easy if they apply some creativity to it.
Actually that's not a bad idea, it made me thinking

Im not the best artist around, but i have to work with a crappy 5 dollar mouse and it took me around 10 minutes to sketch this up

I'd main him. :oops:

Didn't have anything to do, so i cleaned up the sketch, added detail, tried to keep it as anatomically correct as I could, took about an hour, i guess.
i wish this thread would die already, how can you guys discuss a bad character denied an mkx entry?
Why is he a "bad character"? He had a unique and ool design, interesting back story (a bit lacking in the move department, no dial-up combos, but newsflash, the original characters in the original trilogy didn't have dial up combos either!) He had nice juggling potential and a bad-ass name.
Even if you hated the rotting corpse, surrounded by flies design, you've got to admit it's WAY better than most 3D era characters, like Kobra, Jarek, Kai, Hsu Hao, Li Mei, Mavado and many others.

BRUTALITY

Banned
Why is he a "bad character"? He had a unique and ool design, interesting back story (a bit lacking in the move department, no dial-up combos, but newsflash, the original characters in the original trilogy didn't have dial up combos either!) He had nice juggling potential and a bad-ass name.
Even if you hated the rotting corpse, surrounded by flies design, you've got to admit it's WAY better than most 3D era characters, like Kobra, Jarek, Kai, Hsu Hao, Li Mei, Mavado and many others.
i dont hate him. i just find him so boring that im surprised people even commit him to memory let alone mourn his exclusion. actually all the characters you listed suck, i agree.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
Not having dial up combos can be easily offset by ramping up his damage output per hit (due to him using a heavy metal club)

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I'm still looking for Fujin and Nitara. Frost would be cool but those other two are the only characters I really really want.

D'Vorah already looks far cooler then Drahmin in concept alone.
Why is everyone harping about D'vorah being somehow better than Drahmin? They don't have anything in common! I mean, D'vorah controls insects when Drahmin only has flies around him cause he's a skinless, rotting, masked demon that probably smells really bad, which attracts flies. (Also D'vorah is clearly based on bees, when Drahmin has flies surrounding him. Bees and flies are as different as bears and bats, they're whole different orders (taxonomic classification) of insects!)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Why is everyone harping about D'vorah being somehow better than Drahmin? They don't have anything in common! I mean, D'vorah controls insects when Drahmin only has flies around him cause he's a skinless, rotting, masked demon that probably smells really bad, which attracts flies. (Also D'vorah is clearly based on bees, when Drahmin has flies surrounding him. Bees and flies are as different as bears and bats, they're whole different orders (taxonomic classification) of insects!)
I personally don't see why people are actually sad over Drahmin not being in? Really? There's so many other 3D MK world characters better both in concept and storyline wise. That's exactly my point, Drahmin had one move that throw "flies" yet some think "she's just like Drahmin" not at all lol. He's an oni demon for one. She's a half human/half insect race. That's one difference, two she can control bugs/insects in general and three she's female and he's male. Not to mention look wise absolutely nothing alike. Aside from those obvious differences, I'm just saying I believe she's a better concept as far as "newer MK characters" then Drahmin ever was. He really was just a demon oni that ultimately served no purpose other then being Quan-Chi's bitch at one point against Scorpion along with Moloch lol.

I never said they're alike, if anything I'm with you lol. I feel they're nothing alike. So not sure why you're telling me man lol. I'm saying as far as a newer character, she's a much better concept then Drahmin imo.

P.S. cool drawing ;)

Last edited:
I personally don't see why people are actually sad over Drahmin not being in? Really? There's so many other 3D MK world characters better both in concept and storyline wise. That's exactly my point, Drahmin had one move that throw "flies" yet some think "she's just like Drahmin" not at all lol. He's an oni demon for one. She's a half human/half insect race. That's one difference, two she can control bugs/insects in general and three she's female and he's male. Not to mention look wise absolutely nothing alike. Aside from those obvious differences, I'm just saying I believe she's a better concept as far as "newer MK characters" then Drahmin ever was. He really was just a demon oni that ultimately served no purpose other then being Quan-Chi's bitch at one point against Scorpion along with Moloch lol.

I never said they're alike, if anything I'm with you lol. I feel they're nothing alike. So not sure why you're telling me man lol. I'm saying as far as a newer character, she's a much better concept then Drahmin imo.

P.S. cool drawing ;)
Sorry, i must have misunderstood what you've said, but still Drahmin is one of the better 3D era's characters and really stands head and shoulders above guys like Kobra, Kira, Darrius, Dairou, Jarek and so many others.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
A lot of these characters design wise would fit in MK X...but the question is, plotwise? Another story....and we all know NRS invests a lot of time to plot as well as gameplay etc.

Sorry, i must have misunderstood what you've said, but still Drahmin is one of the better 3D era's characters and really stands head and shoulders above guys like Kobra, Kira, Darrius, Dairou, Jarek and so many others.
I think in terms of character design, Drahmin was alright. As far as storyline/plot horrible though IMO. But all good man. I agree he's better then those guys except for Dairou :p I think being a mercenary for hire fit well in MKU, he was more or less a samurai mercenary which I liked. But definitely better then the others you mentioned and Hsu Hao, Mokap etc

From the 3D games I liked Hotaru, Bo Rai Cho, Dairou, few others. Most of them not a huge fan of.