What's new

Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of The Gods

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
What bugs me about this poster isn't the bunny villain, but the fact that Gohan is a Super Saiyan. Mannnn....they're going to disregard his "mystic" powers again? -.-

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
What bugs me about this poster isn't the bunny villain, but the fact that Gohan is a Super Saiyan. Mannnn....they're going to disregard his "mystic" powers again? -.-
My friends and I to this day still argue mystic gohan vs. ssj3 goku. lol Goku takes center stage always though. I feel vegeta will make a badass entrance and then get trounced in one hit while everyone who is weaker than him lasts for 20 minutes, to follow along with most other dbz movies. We also discussed where in the timeline some of the movies could take place. The original broly movie would of had to have happened in the week or two leading up to the cell games. So they just took a break from saving the earth from cell to go save the universe from broly. lol

Gimmick

Noob
dude, mystic gohan is a fraud. He took sooo long to unlock his powers, only to get his ass handed to him by buu

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Your right, but it seemed pointless to have soo many episodes building gohan up as this "omega gohan" to not beat buu.
It's because Japanese fans bitched about Goku dying in the Cell Games, so they made Goku the savior again (And netting his first major villain kill since Dragon Ball). No joke, Toriyama received death threats everytime he tried to end the series.

That's partially why Buu Saga is so half-assed as well. He didn't even want to do the shit in the first place...Cell Games was pushing it, and tbh, Buu Saga could've been really, really good had they let Gohan shine more instead of shoving him to the side after Goku comes back to Earth.

THTB

So aside from Bojack Unbound and the specials, this will be the only movie that will fit into the story.

Gohan would whup Goku's ass. Goku isn't even stronger than ss3 gotenks.

What I'd like to see though is Piccolo kicking some ass. Too bad it'll never happen.

GT sucked and I won't acknowledge it. Only good thing was Goku super saiyan 4.

THTB

GT is so bad. SSJ4 is the only good thing about that...would be fucking awesome if they had made the SSJ4 appearance the one for SSJ1.

Fuck Super 17, fuck Baby, fuck the Dragons, praise SSJ4 Gogeta, and fuck the plotholes until they bleed fuck out of them.

Gimmick

Noob
I wish there could be a future trunks spin off, where it shows him in his own timeline rebuilding the world/ fighting new enemies.

THTB

I wish there could be a future trunks spin off, where it shows him in his own timeline rebuilding the world/ fighting new enemies.
This. Future Trunks was a really good character (even though his battle history is godawful), but fuck Toriyama for dropping him off the face of the earth. He doesn't even make a cameo appearance in Buu Saga. And Kid Trunks sucks shit (though Laura Bailey... <3)