What's new

General/Other - Reptile Dr. Syzoth or How I learned to stop worrying.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Stop asking for 50/50 buffs.

If Reptile were to get a reasonable buff I'd say it's for F41 to be either 0 to -3 on block and/or for D1/D3 to be 7f start-up. That's all he needs.

Yea his projectiles are shit, yea he doesn't have an answer for most air situations. But if he can at least reliably get the opponent to the corner and kill them, I'm happy.

I just want his claw swipe to be an overhead.other characters have similar motions but theirs hit overhead. Design wise, I'm not liking how his forceballs start behind him instead if infront. I feel that he would be slightly better if not for that.other than that, I'm enjoying the character.you just have to work more with him to open ppl up.as far as his variations,they are all good.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I just want his claw swipe to be an overhead.other characters have similar motions but theirs hit overhead. Design wise, I'm not liking how his forceballs start behind him instead if infront. I feel that he would be slightly better if not for that.other than that, I'm enjoying the character.you just have to work more with him to open ppl up.as far as his variations,they are all good.
It used to be an overhead.

Israel

Noob
It doesnt need to be overhead.

I dont want Reptile to become like the rest of the cast when it comes to the 50/50 mess. His b2, b3 are perfect the way they are. Because and they are safe. So when it comes to the specials, his slide being low, and the bunny hop being overhead, both are punishable. That balances it all out.

I think for the most part, we all agree on the 2 small changes if he were to get , he would be fine:

1. Reduce the recovery frames on acid balls
2. Slight Damage boost.

I understand they want to make him mid tier.. im 100% fine with that. But its just he's always at that level where he cant compete. Let's hope for one of these.

Zaccel

Noob
Klaw Swipe being an overhead would be pleasant, but not essential. Same goes for damage--dealing a truckload for no meter would be good, obviously, but I wouldn't want Reptile going down that road. Reptile's this close to being perfect in his little corner of MKX, and it wouldn't take much to make him more complete without going overboard.

His normals are solid and his neutral's pretty sharp, so having Forceballs that aren't so risky would be a plus. That or just making the EX ones really silly, if only to justify their inclusion. Stopping Forceballs is cool, but it's difficult in practice. Compared to dash cancelling or delaying, it seems slow and expensive for what it gives.
Elbow Dash being combo punishable on block is something I have mixed feelings about, but I can understand the reasoning. That said, for its intended use as a fast punish (and for mobility, and left/right shenanigans), the damage/knockdown gained versus what you receive if you mess up is nerve-wracking. The EX version starts combos like EX Klaw Swipe, yet is more unsafe and doesn't have armor. It seems kind of short-changed (to be fair, it has uses). The pre-release ED was a frame faster, right? Around the same speed as EX slide? That would have made for a less meter-intensive punish at those frames, if it were.
I use Klaw Pounce in combos all the time, so I won't say it's useless--rather, it's head-scratching as an overhead. Easy enough to react to (moreso the farther away it gets), and minus infinity on block. The EX version can spit in the face of some zoning and gets okay damage, but at zoning range its properties as an overhead are questionable and its safety is still the stuff of nightmares. I would honestly be totally fine with turning this move into a mid if it meant it could be safer on block or something.
I don't see the use of meterless Klaw Swipe. It's not safe, gives a meager return, and Klaw Pounce works fine in its stead for combos. Having it be safe on block would give Reptile a way to build meter from his useful hit-confirmable strings (while still leaving him at disadvantage). EX staying unsafe would make sense, given it's a reasonably fast combo-starting armored mid. Being an overhead would be gravy.

Having any (or all) of those would go a long way. In short, I could see him being reverted to a pre-release Reptile with a safe meterless Swipe and a safer Pounce.

Last edited:

Israel

Noob
I would honestly be totally fine with turning this move into a mid if it meant it could be safer on block or something.
Are you talking about Klaw pounce? It already hits mid. Unless you just mean to make it safer.

Reptile goes untouched still, goes to show u that NRS believes hes ok the way he is. I aint mad at it because id rather see nothing, then nerfs. So who knows , we might not see any change. But two more dlc chars on the way tho. Looks like right now we got's to work's with what's we got's..

Bobbyxton_

It's Official
Are you talking about Klaw pounce? It already hits mid. Unless you just mean to make it safer.

Reptile goes untouched still, goes to show u that NRS believes hes ok the way he is. I aint mad at it because id rather see nothing, then nerfs. So who knows , we might not see any change. But two more dlc chars on the way tho. Looks like right now we got's to work's with what's we got's..
Klaw Swipe hits mid, Pounce hits overhead.

And why would they change something for someone who doesn't have a voice? Kenshi and Kitana players have been proclaiming from the begininng viable changes, and looky looky what happened. Whereas the majority of the people on the Reptile forums are asking for more damage and more damage and more damage and more damage and dore mamage.

Israel

Noob
. Whereas the majority of the people on the Reptile forums are asking for more damage and more damage and more damage and more damage and dore mamage.
Lol the truth!

To be honest, the reason you may not see him have a voice is because, most of the Reptile players dont want to sound like everyone else. Not wanting the image of 'Crying, Whinning, Complainer.' Also, majority of the players will just play someone else. There are a ton of other amazing characters with amazing variations, so rather than beg for changes...they would just swap.

Landonio

n00b
I just want frames and for his his DB+4 (the overhead special) to actually be useful. I don't want raw damage or crazy 50/50 potential. He's not meant to be that kind of character and I don't want him to become that kind of character.