What's new

Question Down+1 VS X-ray...Who will win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
lol sorry bout the tittle, but i was trolling online last night, and looked at what happened to this poor fella :(
this is the first time i have encounter this withe down 1.

skip to 2:35 to see it.
[video=youtube_share;SNXHEtod0Ik]http://youtu.be/SNXHEtod0Ik[/video]

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
This has often made me wonder: do X-rays have armor or not?

Cat has also shared a video where Reptile's Force Ball negated Kung Lao's X-ray during its animation process.

Theoretically this may have happened because Sub-Zero's X-ray was only being "held," so to speak, and not released into its attack animation. This may have been how you stopped it with a d1, even though it was just for the sake of trolling, LOL.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Subzero's XRAY only has armor while moving foward. He can be knocked out of the startup animation everytime. There was nothing wierd there, just bad luck for the Subby player that you decided to D1 at that moment.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I lol'd.

Yeah, Sub-Zero's :x doesn't have armor on start-up so it generally loses to :d:fp.

Try this shit against Reptile sometime. His :x loses to :d+any button at basically any point. Also sweeps.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Subzero's XRAY only has armor while moving foward. He can be knocked out of the startup animation everytime. There was nothing wierd there, just bad luck for the Subby player that you decided to D1 at that moment.
wow, thats bogus brother, it shouldnt be like that at all.
learn something new every day, thanks.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Nah he totally had it coming to him. He was trying to mash his xray like it was some Street Fighter random ultra or something and got hit out of it for being dumb. Subzero's xray is either an antizoning attack or best used in combo since it hardly scales at all. The way that guy used it was just desperation. He should have used EX slide instead. It would have beat your D1 and only cost him 1 bar instead of wasting all 3.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Well, if you didn't :d:fp him out of it, it would've either landed for some decent damage... or you would've blocked it and he'd have big frame advantage.

So it's pretty fair.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Nah he totally had it coming to him. He was trying to mash his xray like it was some Street Fighter random ultra or something and got hit out of it for being dumb. Subzero's xray is either an antizoning attack or best used in combo since it hardly scales at all. The way that guy used it was just desperation. He should have used EX slide instead. It would have beat your D1 and only cost him 1 bar instead of wasting all 3.
and thats why i cant get any better, online lags, and then we have players like him and many others who will xray you right away as they get it. Therefor telling me they are not that good, tthis happens so much is sad.

meeter is everything in this game, i dont get why people cant and or havent figured that out yet.

either way, no down 1 should defeat an xray, thats retarded imho.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Well, if you didn't :d:fp him out of it, it would've either landed for some decent damage... or you would've blocked it and he'd have big frame advantage.

So it's pretty fair.
i guess, but still no down 1 should be able to defeat an xray, it looks retarded and may deter people from this game. thats just how i see it :)

Dark_Rob

Noob
Trust me, Subzero's xray would be insane if it had instant armor on startup. Its bad enough characters like Johnny Cage have to worry about an Ex slide now while trying to lock down Sub with frame traps. If Subs xray could do that to? Johnny may as well turn in his sun glasses.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
If somebody is deterred from this game because you can't mash out X-rays that aren't intended to be used as reversals, that's pretty cool.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Trust me, Subzero's xray would be insane if it had instant armor on startup. Its bad enough characters like Johnny Cage have to worry about an Ex slide now while trying to lock down Sub with frame traps. If Subs xray could do that to? Johnny may as well turn in his sun glasses.
but see, the way i see and use an xray is like a last desperation move, well 99% of the time lol.
i see what you mean, but i think it be better the other way around :)
besides SZ got nerfed unfairly imho.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
lol sorry bout the tittle, but i was trolling online last night, and looked at what happened to this poor fella :(
this is the first time i have encounter this withe down 1.
LoL @ the Sub player. Looks like someone's going to cry about nerfing Lao's down+1.
Actually a lot of other X-ray's have different properties. For example KL's X-ray is vulnerable after the spin hits, Noob's x-ray is vulnerable during clone call animation etc.

Which brings up the question:Sub's :x vs JC's :x...Who's got the advantage when done at the same time?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Which brings up the question:Sub's :x vs JC's :x...Who's got the advantage when done at the same time?
Cages :x parries every attack in the game. The only thing that beats it are projectiles and they have to be done from a far enough distance.

SZ's xray needs to have vulnerable start up frames. Same with smoke, because they can charge it and can pretty much x-ray regardless of the height of the opponentv in the air. IE 214 xray requires you to delay your xray a few frames. SZ's xray is also 17 frames.

I was playing kingshaz33m's noob saibot the other day and i kept snuffing out his xray with my F33. Not gonna lie, that was pretty bs. I also played Galindo's sektor and I learned that at full screen, a projectile trade will snuff out his xray.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Cages :x parries every attack in the game. The only thing that beats it are projectiles and they have to be done from a far enough distance.
actually no, tom brady made a video about that actually, fron a certain distance, you can poke him out of it.

and thats why i cant get any better, online lags, and then we have players like him and many others who will xray you right away as they get it. Therefor telling me they are not that good, tthis happens so much is sad.

meeter is everything in this game, i dont get why people cant and or havent figured that out yet.

Why are you even playing ranked anyways? Whenever I go online I go to chatrooms and always look for tym people. They hardly lag, they're hardly scrubs, and they're always cool. Seriously bro. Look for my name when you go online.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Why are you even playing ranked anyways? Whenever I go online I go to chatrooms and always look for tym people. They hardly lag, they're hardly scrubs, and they're always cool. Seriously bro. Look for my name when you go online.
i do, and i recorded 6 matches last night and are on my page. i normally dont go in those, to much junk, and it still lags with most, very seldom do i get to connect with some one with a good connection.

i normaly play on tym and wharf room, if not then private matches with friends, but sadly they are mostly playing batman as of late lol

oh and one last thing...CUS I CAN and i like to troll lol
unlike many who play online, i refuse to take it seriously untill they fix it, which wont happen till mk10 if its even fixed then :p
so if i play people that are not on my friends list? i will troll 90% of the time lol

i do, and i recorded 6 matches last night and are on my page. i normally dont go in those, to much junk, and it still lags with most, very seldom do i get to connect with some one with a good connection.

i normaly play on tym and wharf room, if not then private matches with friends, but sadly they are mostly playing batman as of late lol

oh and one last thing...CUS I CAN and i like to troll lol
unlike many who play online, i refuse to take it seriously untill they fix it, which wont happen till mk10 if its even fixed then :p
so if i play people that are not on my friends list? i will troll 90% of the time lol
Fair enough, feel free to add me i got sz and jc.

Odoyle

Drops combos
PSN online ranked are baddies I'm 1021-100 then I go to an offline tournament and get blown up by Marvaz :p

Funny stuff man

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Like Dark Rob and Vilen already stated Sub-Zero's X-Ray only has armor when moving forward. No news here.

Status
Not open for further replies.