What's new

Does Mortal Kombat need a better Vampire character?

Does Mortal Kombat need a better Vampire character?

• Yes

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
Couldn't NRS just retcon Skarlet into the story as a vampire? I mean, she already drinks blood. It seems like it'd be simple enough to make it so that she needs to drink blood to survive. Bam, vampire.

But otherwise, I wouldn't mind more vampires.:)
Skarlet as vampire sounds cool. She hasn't been on storymode so they can make her vampire ninja. MK is too one-dimensional. Lui Kang and Kitana, Mileena and Baraka, Johnny Cage and Sonya, Shao Kahn and Sindel. See the pattern here no love triangle. There should be storylines where guys fight over girl. Have you watched Never Back Down. There's a love triangle where the main girl character goes out with the main bad guy in film but she likes this good guy and so good guy wants to fight bad guy because of how he treats her (ver badly). They fight and good guy wins at the end, but the bad guy doesn't care he lost his girl, he gets with another girl straight away. Why cant they make Rain like this. Twilight has love triangle and you don't know whats gonna happen next.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cannot believe you said nitara and hsu hao in the same sentence. Even john vogel didn't like the Mongolian.

I did. Zangief was my 2'nd favorite dude in SF, so I always hoped MK would get its own wrestler.
Then Hsu Hao came along. AND he had awesome stances.
He'd make the best grappler MK10 could provide.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
This thread is completely unnecessary. Twilight is for idiotic tween girls the end. Noobsmoke please go headbutt a sidewalk for actually using twilight as a reference point for why there needs to be a vampire in mk.
Nitara gets the RAGE from dark khan..... vampire glows....... twilight lol

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Skarlet as vampire sounds cool. She hasn't been on storymode so they can make her vampire ninja. MK is too one-dimensional. Lui Kang and Kitana, Mileena and Baraka, Johnny Cage and Sonya, Shao Kahn and Sindel. See the pattern here no love triangle. There should be storylines where guys fight over girl. Have you watched Never Back Down. There's a love triangle where the main girl character goes out with the main bad guy in film but she likes this good guy and so good guy wants to fight bad guy because of how he treats her (ver badly). They fight and good guy wins at the end, but the bad guy doesn't care he lost his girl, he gets with another girl straight away. Why cant they make Rain like this.
Wrong. MK is very deep. Very.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I did. Zangief was my 2'nd favorite dude in SF, so I always hoped MK would get its own wrestler.
Then Hsu Hao came along. AND he had awesome stances.
He'd make the best grappler MK10 could provide.
Always liked zangief's profile that says he dislkes young beautiful women.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
If perhaps NRS plans for Skarlet to take her role as the bloodthirsty chick, Nitara's story should be reworked as part of a long-term byproduct of Raiden fucking around with the timeline, so that she somehow is to burn in a lake of all things death. Nitara should survive this and come back as a deformed, soul-devouring wraith. Kind of like this guy here:

Before:

After:

Of course, that's just my take on Nitara.

lol... Krayzie would love this..

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
What came first the vampire or the egg? I don't want this thread going 28 pages.

LMAO.

Basically, the entire point of the 3DMK games was that Onaga, the Dragon King, the TRUE King Of Outworld beforw Shao Kahn found his way towards cheating him out of his job, was resurrected and set back in vengeance upon the world with his undead army.
Without Nitara controlling Cyrax, Cyrax retrieving the egg, and Reptile serving as the vessel of Onaga's resurrection during the egg's hatching, there would've been no MK: Deception, and the arc towards MK9 would've never been possible.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
If you want a love triangle....... shao khan/sindel/ king Jerrod, who if ermac's mk9 ending is to be believed, is returning.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
LMAO.

Basically, the entire point of the 3DMK games was that Onaga, the Dragon King, the TRUE King Of Outworld beforw Shao Kahn found his way towards cheating him out of his job, was resurrected and set back in vengeance upon the world with his undead army.
Without Nitara controlling Cyrax, Cyrax retrieving the egg, and Reptile serving as the vessel of Onaga's resurrection during the egg's hatching, there would've been no MK: Deception, and the arc towards MK9 would've never been possible.
The entire point is that The One Being is returning by manipulating events. The One Being was cast out of reality by The Elder Gods and through Shinnok, Onaga, Shao Khan, Dark Raiden.... is trying to merge reality back into One Single consciousness.... like end of season 5 of buffy. That's the short version of my theory.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The entire point is that The One Being is returning by manipulating events. The One Being was cast out of reality by The Elder Gods and through Shinnok, Onaga, Shao Khan, Dark Raiden.... is trying to merge reality back into One Single consciousness.... like end of season 5 of buffy. That's the short version of my theory.

AND THATS WHY I HATE MK ARMAGEDDON

They had THE best story arc EVER going into that game.
Say what you will about the mechanics, but the tale that Deadly Alliance and Deception told was THE best in all of MK history, on the cusp of near-perfection, and it got the Godfather III "Let's just wrap this up" treatment.
The gamer in me PRAYS that it gets the ending it deserves in MK10.

Espio

Kokomo
Just like I'm sure Nitara has no taste for physically over-the-top men.

All she ever wanted was the egg. She never gave a shit about the cares of others.

Wait..I thought she was after the orb to free her realm from Outworld(not the dragon egg) as it had been bound there by Shao Kahn? If I remember correctly.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Couldn't NRS just retcon Skarlet into the story as a vampire? I mean, she already drinks blood. It seems like it'd be simple enough to make it so that she needs to drink blood to survive. Bam, vampire.

But otherwise, I wouldn't mind more vampires.:)
No, she is not a vampire, she is a genetic experiment who is able to control blood, materialize into blood create solid forms made of blood, or use the blood flow at will, like absorbing and teleporting. She is a Hemomancer.

If Nitara is set to be in the game she will be revamped into a fresh character, in MK9 all characters were totally revamped, so whatever background a character had since MK1 to MK vs DC if they were bad or crappy story, design etc etc, trough MK9 on all that is irrelevant, NRS will revamp any character they desire and become enjoyable within this new system.

Which is perfect because now they can even use the minors characters they never get to work on them before (lack of time, space, palletes move sets etc).

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
AND THATS WHY I HATE MK ARMAGEDDON

They had THE best story arc EVER going into that game.
Say what you will about the mechanics, but the tale that Deadly Alliance and Deception told was THE best in all of MK history, on the cusp of near-perfection, and it got the Godfather III "Let's just wrap this up" treatment.
The gamer in me PRAYS that it gets the ending it deserves in MK10.
Without mka there would be no injustice. Dc characters were made from kak.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Wait..I thought she was after the orb to free her realm from Outworld(not the dragon egg) as it had been bound there by Shao Kahn? If I remember correctly.

You may be right. I want to say she set Reptile hatching into Onaga in motion, but now that you bring that up, I realize I may be wrong. Either way, I know she had a LOT more to do with the perpetuation of that story than she's EVER gotten credit for, as do the rest of the B-List cast of those games.

I miss Ashrah :(.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
You may be right. I want to say she set Reptile hatching into Onaga in motion, but now that you bring that up, I realize I may be wrong. Either way, I know she had a LOT more to do with the perpetuation of that story than she's EVER gotten credit for, as do the rest of the B-List cast of those games.

I miss Ashrah :(.
Reptile turning into Onaga is non canon. I've spoken to john vogel about it on twitter.