What's new

Does Mortal Kombat need a better Vampire character?

Does Mortal Kombat need a better Vampire character?

• Yes

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
With Twilight being a major success lets take a look at mortal kombat very own vampire Nitara. I really think they ought to put her with Nightwolf so they could have that Twilight thing going on. Nitaras story is very weak. It would benefit them both
storywise and garner more popularity between the two. What do you guys/girls think.

how bout a vampire samurai?

Or a vampire pirate aka vampirate

If perhaps NRS plans for Skarlet to take her role as the bloodthirsty chick, Nitara's story should be reworked as part of a long-term byproduct of Raiden fucking around with the timeline, so that she somehow is to burn in a lake of all things death. Nitara should survive this and come back as a deformed, soul-devouring wraith. Kind of like this guy here:

Before:

After:

Of course, that's just my take on Nitara.

I really should have stopped reading at this point.

Yep, really should have stopped reading.
a) Like it or not Twilight is a bigger success than Mortal Kombat. Nitara is very unpopular to us. If they're gonna bring her into next MK, they can learn a thing or two from Twilight or other successful vampire characters.
b) It would be interesting to say the least to see how a romance between two different species plays out. Let's rewind back to MK9 Lui Kang and Kitana both pretty much humans, yes I know Kitana is from Edenia but she still talks and acts like a normal human being (Lui Kang). Then we have Mileena and Baraka - they're pretty much the same thing - Tarkatan. I don't know about you guys but I want to see something different. It doesn't have to be Nightwolf but a vampire needs a good love story or you just don't give a shizzle my nizzle about them. That's just me personally.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
a) Like it or not Twilight is a bigger success than Mortal Kombat. Nitara is very unpopular to us. If they're gonna bring her into next MK, they can learn a thing or two from Twilight or other successful vampire characters.
I would agree on the condition that:
1. There is a "dating/kissing" mini-game that is REQUIRED to progress in the story.
2. Someone supplies me with a forty of White Owl Whiskey and a shotgun, then leaves me in a room with the only developer copy of the game.

tazzmission

Banned
b) It would be interesting to say the least to see how a romance between two different species plays out. Let's rewind back to MK9 Lui Kang and Kitana both pretty much humans, yes I know Kitana is from Edenia but she still talks and acts like a normal human being (Lui Kang). Then we have Mileena and Baraka - they're pretty much the same thing - Tarkatan. I don't know about you guys but I want to see something different. It doesn't have to be Nightwolf but a vampire needs a good love story or you just don't give a shizzle my nizzle about them. That's just me personally.

yea um no

I'm not gonna make fun of you for wanting MK a specific way, but you have to understand when you try to focus too much on romance in a game ment to be about the ultimate sacrifice of putting your sweat and blood to defend your realm. It can't grow too well, and you're alienating the audience.

Giving Nitara a love interest isn't gonna bring in Twilight people, unless it was based in high school all the vampires die pretty, and look pretty.

But then you're basically playing a dating sim/ with a minor bit of action.

That isn't what Mortal kombat is, and it's a FG. I really don't think FG and twilight movies(theme) go well together.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
It doesn't need one at all imo. I mean a classic vampire. MK has a cool representation of classic elements (Scorpion - fire elemental, but not an elemental per se, Sub-Zero - water elemental, but not one per se, Cage - street fighter, but a street fighter with actual fighting skills and so on). Skarlet is some kind of representative of vampires. She consumes the blood of her victims, but not in the classic vampire way, and doesn't really depend on blood. A lot of games have classic characters, MK stands apart.

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
Couldn't NRS just retcon Skarlet into the story as a vampire? I mean, she already drinks blood. It seems like it'd be simple enough to make it so that she needs to drink blood to survive. Bam, vampire.

But otherwise, I wouldn't mind more vampires.:)

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Twilight..... rolls eyes. There's so many other, better vampire references ...... blade, buffy, trueblood, durham red. Nitara will probably be reinvented for future mk plus there's that male vampire that missed mkda. There's also vampira who is what elvira is based on.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Nitara and Hsu Hao both deserve more play than they ever got.
If it wasn't for her, Onaga would've never been found. She was a key player, subtle or not.

I kind of hope MK10 starts out the Street Fighter 3 route and keeps enough of the dead dead to re-introduce the more interesting members of the 3DMK cast in the hopes of giving them a new chance to bloom and garner a fanbase.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Nitara and Hsu Hao both deserve more play than they ever got.
If it wasn't for her, Onaga would've never been found. She was a key player, subtle or not.

I kind of hope MK10 starts out the Street Fighter 3 route and keeps enough of the dead dead to re-introduce the more interesting members of the 3DMK cast in the hopes of giving them a new chance to bloom and garner a fanbase.
Cannot believe you said nitara and hsu hao in the same sentence. Even john vogel didn't like the Mongolian.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
NO

They need to drop the entire vampire angle and Nitara completely. It doesn't fit in the MK universe. Even though I enjoyed playing her, she just doesn't fit IMO