What's new

Do you want interactables in MKX?

yay or nay?

• Total voters

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Sure. As long as they make sense for the game dynamics.

That branch-as-high-bar move was cool and would totally fit within normal expectations for MK pacing. I think people hear "interactable" and then get stuck on how they were implemented for Injustice, which wouldn't make sense in MK. Throwing small objects, vaulting off of terrain, and slamming an opponent into an obstacle could work, whereas throwing an unblockable car would not.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
No.

Throwing TV monitors and airplane propellors and dumpsters was fine for the world of superhero's and what not, but Mortal Kombat? No. I love the deep martial art theme that is MK mixed in with some asian history and lore.

However, I would be open perhaps to the idea of the "switch stance" button being a weapon's button of some sort...

trufenix

bye felicia
Polished as in no bugs, no glitches, no game-breaking unintentional BS.
More content as in more characters, more fatalities, more training mode options, more online options.
In what way are these desired not being addressed by adding interactibles? NRS addressed addressed many of those things AND added interactibles to Injustice, do you think their further development will supercede or destroy any other work on MKX?

Why should MKX not experiment? Because before they start doing new things, they should finish what they started before and finish it well.
I'm sure they don't want to make the same game over and over again, but if they should until they get it right. Because this will prevent mistakes to be made over and over again.
Finished by whose standards? By the hundred or so guys who still aren't satisfied by MK9 3 years later, or by the other 2.99 million people who remain blissfully ignorant of variable block stun and Kano's nerfs? I assure you, by all the counts that matter to WB (The people who decide if another MK happens) mk9 is quite finished.

CAPCOM shenanigans aside, there is 1 thing we know for sure: that is each version gets better and better and that the newer ones are always a better game than the older ones. You can't say that SF4 Vanilla is better than AE. You can't say that Injustice Day 0 is better than patch. 1.08. You can't say MK9 vanilla is better than the current one.

And the more versions of a game there is, the better the game will be.
Capcom can update SF4 once a year because SF4 pays for itself year round. Daigo and Tokido have been pumping a buck a play into SF4 since 2008. Meanwhile, what happened to the games that didn't have that luxury, like Marvel and SFxT? They got released incomplete, packed full of cash grabs, and had their life support pulled 6 months later. Also they got absolutely slaughtered in sales by NRS games.

Either way, the simple fact remains that the interactible dog pile is the result of injustice putting a bad taste in peoples mouth (despite being remarkably successful and quite balanced competitively). Well the same thing could be said about Breakers and Pro Moves in MKvDC, and they worked out pretty good one game later and I don't see anybody arguing for them to be taken out. I say give them a chance.

trufenix

bye felicia
I love the deep martial art theme that is MK mixed in with some asian history and lore.
What is deep martial art theme about a riot cop and a guy in a gask mask shooting at each other on a rooftop with dragons in the background or a robot and a four armed monster tearing each others arms off in hell?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
In what way are these desired not being addressed by adding interactibles? NRS addressed addressed many of those things AND added interactibles to Injustice, do you think their further development will supercede or destroy any other work on MKX?

Finished by whose standards? By the hundred or so guys who still aren't satisfied by MK9 3 years later, or by the other 2.99 million people who remain blissfully ignorant of variable block stun and Kano's nerfs? I assure you, by all the counts that matter to WB (The people who decide if another MK happens) mk9 is quite finished.

Capcom can update SF4 once a year because SF4 pays for itself year round. Daigo and Tokido have been pumping a buck a play into SF4 since 2008. Meanwhile, what happened to the games that didn't have that luxury, like Marvel and SFxT? They got released incomplete, packed full of cash grabs, and had their life support pulled 6 months later. Also they got absolutely slaughtered in sales by NRS games.

Either way, the simple fact remains that the interactible dog pile is the result of injustice putting a bad taste in peoples mouth (despite being remarkably successful and quite balanced competitively). Well the same thing could be said about Breakers and Pro Moves in MKvDC, and they worked out pretty good one game later and I don't see anybody arguing for them to be taken out. I say give them a chance.
We'll just agree to disagree.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
What is deep martial art theme about a riot cop and a guy in a gask mask shooting at each other on a rooftop with dragons in the background or a robot and a four armed monster tearing each others arms off in hell?
Yes...kudos...I didn't say EVERY CHARACTER or EVERY thing about MK met that very GENERAL description.

Oogalord

Noob
I'd rather not have them at all, but if they're in I can deal. I really hope they're not on the same scale as Injustice, where power characters can just jump up and chuck shit that's really tough to avoid, does good damage, and even regenerates on some stages (Watchtower and Metro Rooftop). I have faith that NRS knows how leery the community is of interactibles in MK and will adjust them accordingly.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I liked interactables in Injustice, but I felt like they placed a bit too much weight on stage selection; some matchups were literally won or lost during stage selection. So I say no.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Interactibles are stupid because its NRS. While items could get out of hand in Smash Bros., you had your shield, and various side steps, AND the items didnt track, let alone cause stupid damage for something a toddler could've done, so everyone had a guaranteed way to avoid them unlike in Inj.

I don't consider in nostalgia by wanting to play a FIGHTER with actual FIGHTERS and not wusses that can chuck shit all day and win with practically no risk. In "real" fighting, sure you can throw stuff, but you can also grapple and whatnot, so its bs all throughout anyways. What's wrong with actually learning a characters tools solely? Too much for the brain to handle?

axeman87

Noob
This is the future friends, embrace it.
Agreed. Dont want MK9.5 or Injustice MK Skins either.

I want a new beast, something fresh, new stuff. Something that NRS have made from the experience of both games to make something fresh and exciting. Why some people just want a prettier version of the last game is beyond me.

The Intractables as seen in the trailer look perfect imo. Not over the top like in Injustice and every character could use it the same way for adding to the gameplay, not completely changing a Match's outcome. Make them blockable. Dont give (certain) characters 20% free damage. Just make them like another special, 5% or whatever.

Majority? To what? The poll in this thread?
No. See if you can follow me...Let's say interactables are in MKX and we have the option to turn them on and off like in Injustice. What I'm saying is, although you would rather play without them, if the community as a whole would rather play with them, then you'll have to deal with it if you want to compete in tournament. If you're not a tournament player, then you shouldn't be worried about it anyway. Play however you want in the privacy of your own home.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
No. See if you can follow me...Let's say interactables are in MKX and we have the option to turn them on and off like in Injustice. What I'm saying is, although you would rather play without them, if the community as a whole would rather play with them, then you'll have to deal with it if you want to compete in tournament. If you're not a tournament player, then you shouldn't be worried about it anyway. Play however you want in the privacy of your own home.
We'll I'd hope that isn't the popular opinion. Lots of players skipped out on IGAU because of interactables. It would be a shame to bring that over to another franchise instead of letting it be exclusive to another for the people that enjoy it.

We'll I'd hope that isn't the popular opinion. Lots of players skipped out on IGAU because of interactables. It would be a shame to bring that over to another franchise instead of letting it be exclusive to another for the people that enjoy it.
In a way I see your point but this is the community that we kompete in. If we're going to be a part of it, we just have to go with the flow. I've been an MK fan since day one and NRS fighting games are the only video games that I play. Personally, I think the idea of interactables in MKX is awesome. However, I do feel like every character should be able you us them in the same way with an even damage output across the board.