What's new

Do you think MK X will actually sell MORE then MK 9 did?

Do you think MK X will actually sell MORE then MK 9 did?

• Total voters

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
People who own ps4's and xbox1's are salivating at the mouth for a half decent next gen game. That's why Destiny is doing so well.

The next big blockbuster titles in the upcoming 7 months will unfailingly be Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and Mortal Kombat X. The views on YouTube say it all already.

I threw up a little bit in my mouth when you put COD and MKX on the same plane, but the sad part is I hope your right and MK could only dream of COD numbers.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
The hype is really real and as long as NRS keeps the marketing level as S tier as they have so far, it'll sell more than MK9, Injustice, Ultra SFIV, you name it. So bring on those character reveals, Boon.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I forgot to talk about one more aspect of this situation, which is this:

A lot is riding on how good the ports of this game actually are. At the present time, far more people still have Xbox 360s and PS3's than next-gen systems. Given that NetherRealm Studios is not developing the versions for the older consoles, this means that it's critical that these ports be rock-solid and major-bug free, as they have the potential to comprise most of the sales.

NRS has had major issues in the past with companies porting their games to other systems -- Injustice Vita and MK9 PC both to come to mind. MK9 PC had big issues right out of the gate, and Injustice Vita still isn't as solid as it needs to be.

So if WB wants to sell the maximum amount of copies, they need to double down on QA and make sure that the kinds of issues that cropped up in previously ported MK and Injustice games don't happen here. Otherwise, being murdered in reviews and user impressions for the most popular consoles could put a partial damper on sales (see what's happening to the Battlefield franchise).

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Well since there are nor a lot of games available on new gens people will surely get their hands on mkx.
Well even non hardcore fans got crazy for mk so i guess it has big potential to top mk9

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I threw up a little bit in my mouth when you put COD and MKX on the same plane, but the sad part is I hope your right and MK could only dream of COD numbers.
I'm actually still shocked that COD by name brand alone sells like hotcakes. lol I mean we all know about Ghost and Black Ops? Not exactly COD's best lol. I mean personally if you ask me the whole FPS genre in general is way overhyped but that's just my opinion.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
It will outsell both MK9 and IGAU. The fact that its available on all consoles + PC makes me 100% sure, plus the game is much more present in all gaming media than MK9 was. It takes boon to write 1 dumb sentence on Twatter to make everyone shit their pants from excitement.

MKF30

I forgot to talk about one more aspect of this situation, which is this:

A lot is riding on how good the ports of this game actually are. At the present time, far more people still have Xbox 360s and PS3's than next-gen systems. Given that NetherRealm Studios is not developing the versions for the older consoles, this means that it's critical that these ports be rock-solid and major-bug free, as they have the potential to comprise most of the sales.

NRS has had major issues in the past with companies porting their games to other systems -- Injustice Vita and MK9 PC both to come to mind. MK9 PC had big issues right out of the gate, and Injustice Vita still isn't as solid as it needs to be.

So if WB wants to sell the maximum amount of copies, they need to double down on QA and make sure that the kinds of issues that cropped up in previously ported MK and Injustice games don't happen here. Otherwise, being murdered in reviews and user impressions for the most popular consoles could put a partial damper on sales (see what's happening to the Battlefield franchise).
Good point at first I figured you know, this game is ported to every console except the Wii U(surprisingly) the 3DS and the Vita. So I figured at first should automatically sell more but if they other ports aren't as good as say the Xbox One port or PS4(just using them as examples here) for all we know the PC one could be glitchy and not as good as the other two versions you know, while the last gen versions just may be ok.

I don't think they had much of an issue however with UMK3 for DS if I'm not mistaken at the time.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I'm actually still shocked that COD by name brand alone sells like hotcakes. lol I mean we all know about Ghost and Black Ops? Not exactly COD's best lol. I mean personally if you ask me the whole FPS genre in general is way overhyped but that's just my opinion.
I guess the audience is there but I agree, and they are basically re-skins of the same game. I'm a fan of the FPS genre, but im part of the 'PC master race' when it comes to shooters (counter-strike/tf2/painkiller)...console shooters just aren't the same.

haketh

Noob
The better question is how many of them will join the competetive community and actually stick with it.

MKF30

I guess the audience is there but I agree, and they are basically re-skins of the same game. I'm a fan of the FPS genre, but im part of the 'PC master race' when it comes to shooters (counter-strike/tf2/painkiller)...console shooters just aren't the same.
I hear ya. I'm more of a console guy though since I play fighters and racers. So PC versions of those for me just don't cut the cookie lol for me.

Last edited:

187x

Noob
Nope! I hear that the wake ups are injustice style.
umm i don't know if your joking but that has nothing to do with sales. It could be a very shitty game, but just because of its name popularity and marketing it will do very well. Take COD for example, every year they sell, and they sell good.

A majority of sales aren't the hardcore players. Given the hype already generated, and the style/feel being nailed pretty damn well(they learned well from injustice) i'd say it could easily outsell if they keep the hype up before launch.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
i can see the ability for no dash blocking will turn off alot of people since the pace of the game will change. regarding the sales, maybe who knows coz its
kinda hard to predict especially since we dont know the full roster yet.

the average person doesnt know what a wake up is.
I do, and other mk9 fans do... I don't want mk9.5 but I will admit wanting 9.75! You got no dash blocking, seems like I justice style cross ups and wake ups too. Maybe I'm alone here but that's not what I wanna hear. Oh yeah, no kabal or cyrax either? I could cry. Lol

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I do, and other mk9 fans do... I don't want mk9.5 but I will admit wanting 9.75! You got no dash blocking, seems like I justice style cross ups and wake ups too. Maybe I'm alone here but that's not what I wanna hear. Oh yeah, no kabal or cyrax either? I could cry. Lol
we're not the average person. we're actually a minority. there is a block button so crossups wont be the same which im happy about. some are amiguous in injustice.

MKF30

A majority of sales aren't the hardcore players. Given the hype already generated, and the style/feel being nailed pretty damn well(they learned well from injustice) i'd say it could easily outsell if they keep the hype up before launch.
Very true, the casual guys will sell this game as much as any other product.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Well, I'll just say that NRS at least knows what to promise. Like saying that they are aware of online issues and problems with ported versions of MK9 and IGAU. Or introducing metric ton of character kits to ensure it'll be a while 'till people break entire game down.
Even that aside, I don't think there's a real reason to think MKX won't sell at least as well as MK9.

MKF30

Well, I'll just say that NRS at least knows what to promise. Like saying that they are aware of online issues and problems with ported versions of MK9 and IGAU. Or introducing metric ton of character kits to ensure it'll be a while 'till people break entire game down.
Even that aside, I don't think there's a real reason to think MKX won't sell at least as well as MK9.
True, MK X will no doubt sell well I have no doubt. Whether it outsells MK 9 is another question. I know some feel "well MK X is made for more consoles so of course" but this means little if other versions are crappy or let's just say not as crisp as the Xbox one and PS4 versions.

SiThG0D

These eyes will deceive you.
I think it will sell more than MK9 for several reasons.

1.MK9 brought alot of the vets of the series back but also introduced the game to many people who never heard of it before or never liked it/tried it. it was alot of peoples first fighting game as well, that and or injustice has brought many more fans to this series and genre as a whole.

2. would be the fact that we now have two more consoles it's being developed on with also being on the same amount as before so obviously that is bound to up the sales numbers quite a bit.

3. I'd say alot of people will buy it even if they never tried mk9 or injustice before just because alot of people are looking to get their hands on any good next gen game at this point. You put all that together and this game has to sell more than mk9 and injustice. I think we will have quite a large community this time around on ps4 at least but I'd imagine on all platforms which makes me very happy : )