What's new

Do you think MK X will actually sell MORE then MK 9 did?

Do you think MK X will actually sell MORE then MK 9 did?

• Total voters

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
all the mortal kombat games have gotten better over the years and with #MKX truly looks amazing now is the time NRS will actually be able to make the game they want!
mk9 & injustice was a learning curve on the mechanics balance aspect for nethrrealm

Immortal

Blind justice....
It's gonna be on all consoles(well except Wii) and PC the same time, so yea its gonna crush MK9 sells, easily.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
But then people get bodied online then it gets highest returns/ebay sales in video game history.

gamesun

Noob
Graphics sell and MKX has them up to 11.

In all seriousness, MK9 reached a big audience and seeing as the majority liked it, I don't see them leaving MKX behind. Also MKX was on the big screen at E3, that might help and plus WB will spend enough to promote it.

Finally it's looking to be every bit if not better than MK9.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
easily. current gen is meh and ppl want games. also the youtube thing, and cross gen. i think the tournament scene will grow. mk9/injustice players along with a new crowd.

E

Eldriken

I think it will easily outsell MK9.

Give us a playable demo in the near future and I'm willing to bet there would be no doubt about it.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Well we know for sure it won't sell more than MK2- the reason Ed Boon's still relevant, did.

Last edited:
MKX trailer got 11 million views in a few months.
MK9 trailer still hasn't hit 3 million views in 4 yrs...
Do you think the view count has more to do with the appeal of the trailer itself, or because of MK 9's resurgence to 2D gameplay, and it's public reception/sales?

And it seems people are picking up MK9 again since folks are hyped for MKX as of late. I'm just thinking everyone's going to put down MK9 once X is out for a good while.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I imagine that the press campaign for MKX will be stepped up well above where it was for MK9. Warner Brothers has already identified their cash vehicle from the game's past success -- and usually when that happens, the next game is fronted by an all-out publicity assault in order to capitalize on the marketing momentum carrying over from Version 1.

So I expect WB to put the full brunt of their marketing budget behind this and push the sales into the stratosphere. We should be hearing about it everywhere. Let's go :)

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
It shall be the chosen one, the game to unite all the FGC with its fluid graphics and solid mechanics that will appeal across the NRS, Capcom, and Marvel space. The unburnt, mother of dragons, slayer of warlocks, breaker of chains.

Probably not...but it's a new MK/NRS game....my body is ready.

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
People who own ps4's and xbox1's are salivating at the mouth for a half decent next gen game. That's why Destiny is doing so well.

The next big blockbuster titles in the upcoming 7 months will unfailingly be Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and Mortal Kombat X. The views on YouTube say it all already.

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
Thanks to MK9 the series is experiencing a pretty big resurgence right now. It'll easily sell more.