What's new

Do you rage when you lose with your main?

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
It usually is dependent on the character I play against, but I tend to rage if I pull out my best character and do as best I can. Whats really cool but annoying at the same time is when you play a mirror match and lose to your best character it just makes me wanna snap my controller in half.

Opinions?

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Getting beat by other characters that can just throw out mostly safe braindead shit that's basically completely safe because of their laggy internet pisses me off. If I lose to someone because they actually outplayed me, read what I was doing and specifically countered it I'm generally impressed.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I get highly annoyed when one or more of the following happens:

1) Losing to a character I play frequently, one I know a shit-ton about...essentially, one of my mains.

2) Appearing unable to hold my own without being forced to run to my best characters. This is part of what pushes me to learn so many characters, as my MK9 history will reflect.

3) The typical online annoyance where you cannot punish something while abiding by the non-existent laws of frame data.

4) And yes, losing while I am playing my best character(s).

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I only rage if I drop combos in lag. Anything else is just me screwing up and needing to improve.

I hate mirrors though, will usually just switch to someone else if the person pays catwoman.

I get very frustrated with every loss and imperfection in my play. It's driven me to the point of no longer playing any FGs at all.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
It's pretty obvious who my main is, and it's so fuckin garbage when someone picks him to "counter" me and all they do is spam Low Gun and rifle. I don't play online often so when they get me in the "online frame traps" I get sooo salty. Luckily I use their braindead tactics to my advantage.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Only if I lose over four consecutive times to the same guy. When I lose with Green Arrow, I just think "why the fuck am I still using him?". I use Green Arrow, Joker, Zod, and Bane, and out of those four characters, Green Arrow is the hardest to win with, he really is, and I've been USING Green Arrow since day 1, much, MUCH longer than Joker, Bane, and Zod. :(

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Only if I lose over four consecutive times to the same guy. When I lose with Green Arrow, I just think "why the fuck am I still using him?". I use Green Arrow, Joker, Zod, and Bane, and out of those four characters, Green Arrow is the hardest to win with, he really is, and I've been USING Green Arrow since day 1, much, MUCH longer than Joker, Bane, and Zod. :(
I use Lobo, Bane, Doomsday, and Grundy. I feel the same way when I lose with Lobo, he's my favorite character but not my best... YET

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
1: if i somehow lose to low tier trash with high tier mains

2: losing to my own main

3: Getting a Major life lead and then still somehow lose anyway

either of these 3 happen, i don't even wanna look at the screen.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Nah, I really never rage, maybe when some random person is just doing like most random shit, like throwing hail marys all day and I get hit by it, but even then I find it to be humorous. To be honest, I find injustice to be very humorous.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm a robot, i never cringe under pressure and losing will only get me to motivation and hype, counting of course i'm having fun playing.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I've lost so many DS mirrors against randoms who just pick him to beat me after I beat them a few times. At first I use to get kinda upset and thought I was the worst DS player ever, then I realized he's stupid online, and it's my fault for not playing more brain dead with him.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I only get upset at things that negatively effect the gameplay. Such as lag, delay, controller issues, etc. Otherwise I love losing outside of tournaments. I'm not someone like REO or ChrisG who can naturally dominate in fighting games. I need to lose in order to improve, most people do. I never analyze why I won, I only analyze a match if I lose. It's fun to me trying to figure out what I did wrong and what I should have done differently. In the moment I do get heated, but then I take a deep breath and just start analyzing so that I don't allow losing to get to me emotionally. It did, however, take me an extremely long time to develop this self control. Even until rather recently I simply could not handle losing and would literally break things aroumd the house. Dat self taught anger management.