What's new

Do you believe in...

Do you believe in life after love?

• Yes

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
Oh, then I disagree wholeheartedly sir. I don't think love is for "weak" people or that it's evil or anything (I actually find that it takes a stronger person to let someone "into their heart" (so to speak) and trust them, because that's something I can't do). On the contrary, I actually think that someone who goes out of their way to avoid love is actually the weaker person. You don't have to be actively looking for it 24/7 (even though it's human nature to experience feelings of loneliness and a longing for a relationship once in a while), but if you just come out and say "love is for the weak," then I see that as a wall put up around insecurity.

I do, however, think society has tainted the idea of "love." It's played up as some wonderful thing that you can't find happiness without (here's looking at you 187x :p), and I think that corrupts the mind. When you're young, you're content with waiting for "the one" or "your soul mate," but then you get older and then you start to think "well shit, maybe they won't come along" and so you settle. You get with someone who you don't genuinely love, but you convince yourself that you do. You look at the qualities of that person and you think "you know what, I just realized, I LOVE *insert quality you never had a previous affection for here*! She's the one!" And so, relationships are forced. And it shows with how much divorce there is.

People need to stop being so desperate to find love. While I'm sure it's a wonderful emotion to genuinely feel, I don't think it should be played up as much as it is. If you find love, good for you. If you haven't yet, don't downplay it and say that it's for "weak-minded people who can't deal with reality" because you're butthurt that you can't find it either :D I'm perfectly happy being a single man. Gives me plenty of time to work on my music. But if the right girl comes along, I'm going to give it a shot.

SwaggoBeatz out
Love shouldn't be played up? This is gonna sound so fucking cheesy but, there are no amount of words to describe how great love actually is.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Love shouldn't be played up? This is gonna sound so fucking cheesy but, there are no amount of words to describe how great love actually is.
I can neither confirm or deny that, but I think everybody playing it up and saying that it's the best thing ever causes people to force it, which results in cheating, divorce, etc. when that original fire burns out. That's what I'm getting at

I can neither confirm or deny that, but I think everybody playing it up and saying that it's the best thing ever causes people to force it, which results in cheating, divorce, etc. when that original fire burns out. That's what I'm getting at
Well that isn't REAL love