What's new

Did Mortal Kombat X Officially Go Gold?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
When a game is said to have gone "Gold" it means that it is officially ready to ship. Ed Boon has recently changed his twitter avatar to a Gold Mortal Kombat X logo. So, without hearing any official reports yet, we're throwing it out there that the likelihood of Mortal Kombat X officially going "Gold" is very likely.

Less than one month till release! Who's NEXT? Screw that - who's HYPE?

mkxgold1.png

Source: @noobde

Attachments

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
With 3 weeks to go, I would say they have started mass packaging and shipping... Shit is getting real!!!

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
WAIT!!

If they're shipping the game soon then that means I can walk in a week or two early to my local game shop and bribe them to sell me it early. People who watched the classic PKA podcast episodes, you'll know what I mean - and remember that MK isn't as popular as CoD so the likelyhood of some fool selling it to me are a little higher haha

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
WAIT!!

If they're shipping the game soon then that means I can walk in a week or two early to my local game shop and bribe them to sell me it early. People who watched the classic PKA podcast episodes, you'll know what I mean - and remember that MK isn't as popular as CoD so the likelyhood of some fool selling it to me are a little higher haha
Time to use those connections.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
WAIT!!

What sucks is that everyone in my area knows me as the "chill gamer cop" so if I try to get anything early it can be construed as official oppression. The guys in my area have hinted that they would give me any title I want early but that would be accepting gratuities and will get me ultra fired... so alas I have to go waaaay outside of where I work to try and get my game early and I get shot down 100% of the time.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
What sucks is that everyone in my area knows me as the "chill gamer cop" so if I try to get anything early it can be construed as official oppression. The guys in my area have hinted that they would give me any title I want early but that would be accepting gratuities and will get me ultra fired... so alas I have to go waaaay outside of where I work to try and get my game early and I get shot down 100% of the time.
You're a cop!? Of course, sir, I was only joking. I will be waiting untill the official release date for my region, sir. So yeah, no rule breaking for me, sir.

...But yeah can't you just get a close trusted friend to help you out and do it for you?

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Doesn't seem worth the risk, time, or trouble.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I learned something today. I just assumed "going gold" was the same in music and it meant they hit 500,000 preorders. I guess if I thought about it, I would have thought they hit that months ago. Thanks for the quick lesson!