What's new

Debunking "spamming"

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey guys.

I know this video isn't exactly important on testyourmight, as you guys actually have braincells, and understand that zoning is legit. But I thought I'd share it anyway incase anyone wants to kill ten minutes.

I've had so much hate mail using Deathstroke, as much as I find it hilarious, I figured there may be a few people out there that are genuinely stumped at how to beat Zoning characters, so I put it together just in case someones having some issues.

Check it out and let me know what you think :)

Thanks!

PND_Ketchup

I think the big problem, online anyway, is people have difficulty dashing inbetween gunshots due to lag. I find that I struggle online whereas playing someone in person it's not nearly as bad.
I agree gunshots are more of a pain online, but nearly every character is harder to deal with when you play in a delayed connection, not just Deathstroke exclusively.

I always found playing against Sinestro being way worse online that fighting Deathstroke, mainly because of the overhead boulder hitting me 100% of the time. Even if I block a minute in advance.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I rarely find it difficult to dash between gunshots unless I'm playing someone in an entirely different region/continent, and the lag is truely awful. In those cases I usually have bigger problems though and can't hit a single combo or block even the slowest of attacks on reaction. You may just need to practice it more (not trying to be a dick, this is my genuine recommendation).

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Hey guys.

I know this video isn't exactly important on testyourmight, as you guys actually have braincells, and understand that zoning is legit. But I thought I'd share it anyway incase anyone wants to kill ten minutes.

I've had so much hate mail using Deathstroke, as much as I find it hilarious, I figured there may be a few people out there that are genuinely stumped at how to beat Zoning characters, so I put it together just in case someones having some issues.

Thanks!
Im very good with DS and I very rarely resort to zoning.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
I agree gunshots are more of a pain online, but nearly every character is harder to deal with when you play in a delayed connection, not just Deathstroke exclusively.

I always found playing against Sinestro being way worse online that fighting Deathstroke, mainly because of the overhead boulder hitting me 100% of the time. Even if I block a minute in advance.
Playing against Deathstroke is far more easy offline, playing against Deathstroke online-- yeesh I avoid playing my main on those matches as much as I can atleast online.

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
Hey guys.

Thanks!
Awesome information here for less experienced players!

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
Good shit Ketchup! I already knew this but it's good to see the info still coming to the people who just picked up the game :)

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Spam really is a funny word. I got called a "spammer" in Tekken rev. the other day.

Some dude was abusing pauls deathfist. which my character can punish every time. so I block and punish. I kept doing it. and to my amazement it did not steer from trying it.

I dont think "spamming" is a proper word, it has no meaning really. I know thats off topic. Carry on lol.

PND_Ketchup

Spam really is a funny word. I got called a "spammer" in Tekken rev. the other day.

Some dude was abusing pauls deathfist. which my character can punish every time. so I block and punish. I kept doing it. and to my amazement it did not steer from trying it.

I dont think "spamming" is a proper word, it has no meaning really. I know thats off topic. Carry on lol.
In the mind of the online scrub, you can spam anything.

When I used to play UMK3, I got called a spammer for blocking a lot.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Good video man. People can't cry spam if they're not taking responsibility of getting hit with simple zoning. Deathstroke is a little harder online, but it's manageable.

I just find it funny people still pick Deathstroke and Scorpion and play braindead. Deathstroke is actually a really good character and I don't know why people won't level up beyond the braindead style...I guess it is fun to shoot guns and sword flip all day, it's even funner to punish it.

But when a high level Deathstroke player arrives, I believe it becomes more of a fun challenge with the ability to mix up and his epic F2.

PND_Ketchup

Good video man. People can't cry spam if they're not taking responsibility of getting hit with simple zoning. Deathstroke is a little harder online, but it's manageable.

I just find it funny people still pick Deathstroke and Scorpion and play braindead. Deathstroke is actually a really good character and I don't know why people won't level up beyond the braindead style...I guess it is fun to shoot guns and sword flip all day, it's even funner to punish it.

But when a high level Deathstroke player arrives, I believe it becomes more of a fun challenge with the ability to mix up and his epic F2.
Playing Deathstroke is mad fun when you start using mixups off a block J3, the F2,1 frametrap, all of his overhead setups etc. If the other guy plays patient and gets into a distance the gunshots aren't a good idea, the match becomes very tense.

I find that Deathstroke wasn't the reason the online masses couldn't beat him, it was the players themselves. Now he's been nerfed, these players still have a really hard time getting in on him. Because the patch didn't stop them from being impatient as hell. And still blaming the character.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Playing Deathstroke is mad fun when you start using mixups off a block J3, the F2,1 frametrap, all of his overhead setups etc. If the other guy plays patient and gets into a distance the gunshots aren't a good idea, the match becomes very tense.

I find that Deathstroke wasn't the reason the online masses couldn't beat him, it was the players themselves. Now he's been nerfed, these players still have a really hard time getting in on him. Because the patch didn't stop them from being impatient as hell. And still blaming the character.

Yea, I believe people underestimate Deathstroke's corner pressure. I never seen your Deathstroke in action, but a week ago I saw a pretty sick one on PSN mauling guys with over 6000 matches of experience with corner mixups they have no answer for. He's a strong character and people should respect that instead of try to take it away from him.

Hopefully they don't nerf Deathstroke again, I think he's fine the way he is or maybe the DS community has been desiring something since the nerf, I don't know. Too many people give up and quit on match-ups, it's a 5 month old game...too early to quit.

PND_Ketchup

Yea, I believe people underestimate Deathstroke's corner pressure. I never seen your Deathstroke in action, but a week ago I saw a pretty sick one on PSN mauling guys with over 6000 matches of experience with corner mixups they have no answer for. He's a strong character and people should respect that instead of try to take it away from him.

Hopefully they don't nerf Deathstroke again, I think he's fine the way he is or maybe the DS community has been desiring something since the nerf, I don't know. Too many people give up and quit on match-ups, it's a 5 month old game...too early to quit.
http://www.twitch.tv/underworld_asylum/c/2812610

2 hours 12 minutes in is the top 3 of my latest tournament. I lost 3-2 to Foxy in grand finals. I was looking for a whole bunch of setups off more than just sword flip in prep for this tournament.