What's new

Tech Deathstroke Sword Spin Vortex

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Holy fork Tony, are these really inescapable and provide +10 frames like the other combos? That's amazing.
They provide at least 10 + frames, not sure on the exact amount. But all trait combos can be escaped with your opponent push blocking the 1 out of the 132, though he has to waste a bar of meter to do so. I still call them combos, cos if your opponent has no meter, he cant escape..

ryublaze

Noob

Ok, did some testing of my own with the vortex. Came up with these. Some are meterless and some use 1 bar..
Nice TONY-T! So if you do B2 after the standing reset, they can't jump off the ground or interrupt it? Also are these combos hard to do and are they consistent?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Nice TONY-T! So if you do B2 after the standing reset, they can't jump off the ground or interrupt it? Also are these combos hard to do and are they consistent?
I dont think they could interrupt a well timed b2, but it looks as though they can partially jump out of the trap if you attempt a b2. Im guessing that the trap puts you at the most around + 11. for them not to be able to jump out of the trap when attempting the b2, you would need the trap to be at around + 12 or + 13.

The sword spin vortex setups / combos i were doing are definitely consistent. But the trait combos obviously are situational.

Imo the b2 and d1 mixup is still the best mixup for this trap. As well as throw attempt and f23's.

It basically has the same mixup options as the b22~LGS~MB corner tech. Only the LGS corner tech leaves you at around + 9

Overall, im very impressed with your find! Its a great edition to his arsenal and it can be started from any launcher as well as without meter!

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
The grab on that combo is probably not worth it because you can already get 35% if you go for full combo. But grab is a nice option as a mix-up because if ur opponent tries to tech he might get hit by d1/b2. It's similar to Sub-Zero's and Skarlet's standing reset throw mix-up.
You wont get hit if you tech grabs on reaction. Not just mash it guessing they are trying to grab.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

ryublaze

Noob
You wont get hit if you tech grabs on reaction. Not just mash it guessing they are trying to grab.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
oh ok. I just remembered that teching grabs is easier in this game, so I guess grab might not be a good option. Thanks.

ryublaze

Noob
Yo fellow strokers I found a better f3 noncross-up combo which does more 3% more damage and is more consistent than the old combo. Just replace the J2 with J3.

F3 (non cross-up), J3, MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (32%)

ryublaze

Noob
Yo bros I found another better combo for the cross-up F3 too. If you back dash, wait until they fall close to the ground then do the standing 3.

F3 (cross-up), back dash/walk back, 3 xx MB Sword Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (28%)

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Yo bros I found another better combo for the cross-up F3 too. If you back dash, wait until they fall close to the ground then do the standing 3.

F3 (cross-up), back dash/walk back, 3 xx MB Sword Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (28%)

This works with YOU ending up in the corner (after F3)? In that case, it would be a forward dash. Do you really have time to just walk and do 3? I've been using 1 after a crossup F3 because its faster.

ryublaze

Noob
This works with YOU ending up in the corner (after F3)? In that case, it would be a forward dash. Do you really have time to just walk and do 3? I've been using 1 after a crossup F3 because its faster.
yea, the timing for walk into 3 is sort of strict. I think it's better to dash then do 3. Waiting for the opponent to fall closer to the ground works out cuz then you'll have time to react after the F3, whereas doing the old combo you had to do the MB sword spin right away.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I just dislike how corssup F3 in the corner can be inconsistent with which side you end up on (cornered or not). This affects which dash you will ultimately use, and as far as I know, back dash has a longer recovery time than forwards dash.

ryublaze

Noob
I just dislike how corssup F3 in the corner can be inconsistent with which side you end up on (cornered or not). This affects which dash you will ultimately use, and as far as I know, back dash has a longer recovery time than forwards dash.
yea I hate that too lol. I've always had trouble trying to get the F3 to not cross up and the only way I can is to delay it but that just makes it easier to react to. But you should have enough time to react to which side you end up on. If you try both the F3 combos and wait a bit before doing the next attack after F3 you should still be able to land the combo.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Technically it can still be a vortex because of Tony-T's combos starting from a d1 or b2. Those will put them into this same situation but I find that those combos have strict timing. Plus Sword Spin Vortex sounds kewl.
he has combos from b2 and d1 that lead back into the vortex? how do they go?

ryublaze

Noob
he has combos from b2 and d1 that lead back into the vortex? how do they go?
d1/b2 xx MB Sword Spin, 1, d2 xx Sword Spin

The timing's weird for me cuz you have to wait a split second before doing standing 1. You can also do two standing 1s but you have to hit those as soon as possible.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
d1/b2 xx MB Sword Spin, 1, d2 xx Sword Spin

The timing's weird for me cuz you have to wait a split second before doing standing 1. You can also do two standing 1s but you have to hit those as soon as possible.
alright, i'll try and get those down.

Technically it can still be a vortex because of Tony-T's combos starting from a d1 or b2. Those will put them into this same situation but I find that those combos have strict timing. Plus Sword Spin Vortex sounds kewl.

a vortex is frosts, batgirls, sinestros... not something that requires all these resources and allow for a gap to get out... its not a vortex.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
A vortex is supposed to be a 50/50 if you guess wrong you get reset for another one, no ? Oo;

So as long as DS has meter it's a vortex to me but I may be wrong.