What's new

Tech Deathstroke Sword Spin Vortex

ryublaze

Noob
THIS TECH ISN'T WHAT DEATHSTROKE SHOULD BE DOING IN THE CORNER. JUST GO FOR THE HARD KNOCKDOWN AND DO THE F3 CROSS-UP STUFF. (Why? Because this "sword spin vortex" requires 2 bars of meter while just going for the f3 cross-up requires none.)

Recorded by SaJa. Major thanks to him for recording!

At the end of these combos, Sword Spin will put you at at least +10 advantage, giving you a free throw attempt, or a low/overhead mix-up with D1 and B2. Both the low and overhead when cancelled into Sword Spin are safe on block and can be hit-confirmed into MB Sword Spin.

F23 xx MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (24%)
F3 (cross-up), back dash/walk back, MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (25%)
F3 (cross-up), back dash/walk back, 3 xx MB Sword Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (28%) (If back dash, wait until they're close to the ground)
F3 (non cross-up), J3, MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (32%)

132, MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (25%)
Ji3, 3 xx MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (32%)
B1U2, Ji3, MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (30%)

Meterless combos by TONY-T:

Btw, I don't mean to take any credit for the Corner of Death Vortex (the F3 cross-over mix-up) by Mikman360. This tech actually uses both the CoD vortex and Sword Spin, which I why I call it the Sword Spin Vortex.

GGA Slips (I know you are getting my alerts. I want to know what you think lol)
Vagrant
MITDJT
Mikman360
Crathen
Rampage254
STORMS
karaokelove
general m2dave
TONY-T

Last edited:

ryublaze

Noob
If anyone doesn't believe these combos give at least +10 advantage, set the AI to jump then throw the opponent after you reset them standing. If you want to know if you did it right, make sure Sword Spin only hits ONCE and hits their legs.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
so 24 percent combo in order to get a grab that can be teched????

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I was looking for something to wank to, this works.

Amazing work Red once again. Even moreso this time however, because I just tried this as Flash. I cannot jump, forward jump, or reversal out of a B2 at ALL if perfectly timed. It's not even that hard to do.

This is REAL **** right here.

ryublaze

Noob
so 24 percent combo in order to get a grab that can be teched????
The grab on that combo is probably not worth it because you can already get 35% if you go for full combo. But grab is a nice option as a mix-up because if ur opponent tries to tech he might get hit by d1/b2. It's similar to Sub-Zero's and Skarlet's standing reset throw mix-up.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Oh wait (and I hate to be the guy that always bursts your bubble :(), this isn't a vortex until you can find a combo beginning with D1/B2 that leads back into this. That's the basis of a vortex actually, able to be looped repeatedly unto itself. If you're using the F3 to start it again, then technically you're just using the CoD vortex.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding a combo off of B2 or D1 that leads back into this.

On the bright side, we might actually be able to use B1 instead of D1 (as in free combo!). I know for a fact that you get a free B1 after an F3 (+10 on F3 - 15 startup on B1 = -5, no move is fast enough).

ryublaze

Noob
Oh wait (and I hate to be the guy that always bursts your bubble :(), this isn't a vortex until you can find a combo beginning with D1/B2 that leads back into this. That's the basis of a vortex actually, able to be looped repeatedly unto itself. If you're using the F3 to start it again, then technically you're just using the CoD vortex.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding a combo off of B2 or D1 that leads back into this.

On the bright side, we might actually be able to use B1 instead of D1 (as in free combo!). I know for a fact that you get a free B1 after an F3 (+10 on F3 - 15 startup on B1 = -5, no move is fast enough).
Yeah I realized that lol. It is still a loop though, combining the CoD vortex with sword spin. I call it Sword Spin vortex because if you guess right on the CoD vortex, ending with these sword spin combos puts the opponent into a guessing game again (which isn't the same situation but if you guess right after the sword spin, it will put you back into the CoD vortex.)

ryublaze

Noob
Yes I think you are right Mikman360 B1 could potentially be a better option. I think Sword Spin puts you at exactly +10 because I am trying DS's standing 2 (11 frames) and it keeps hitting them out of a jump.

EDIT: Nvm, maybe more like +12

ryublaze

Noob
I found another combo which is probably better than the F23 combo:

132, MB Sword Spin, D2 xx Sword Spin (25%)

Another thing to keep in mind is that this whole thing uses up 2 bars of meter. You have to use 1 bar of meter just to set it up, then if you guess right another bar of meter for the reset combo. Then again, you also gain half a bar of meter back.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
This is good stuff. Just gotta make sure you got meter for it. You can also do j3, 3~sword spin mb, d+2 sword spin for the same setup. The cross up f3 version seems like the timing is weird so I'll probably stick to raw damage on that one. But the rest are great.