What's new

Dark Souls 3 Discussion Thread

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You didn't really answer my question and I'm not sure but I think you might be kidding at this point. If so: well played.
If you can both react to everything the other one is doing then you can't hit each other until someone makes a mistake and seen as a mistake is the only way you can lose people played even more passive. That was "high-level" dark souls 2 PvP and it is unplayable

Steven_a

Light Bringer
High level PvP = strafe in a circle for an hour till someone makes a move and gets punished.

Main reason why I stopped doing PvP is because you literally had nothing to lose when being passive and so does your opponent, which can cause matches to drag for 10 minutes or even more.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
High level PvP = strafe in a circle for an hour till someone makes a move and gets punished.

Main reason why I stopped doing PvP is because you literally had nothing to lose when being passive and so does your opponent, which can cause matches to drag for 10 minutes or even more.
It's fairly simple to bait out an attack. I never had a problem beating good players who turtled.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So guess who has two thumbs and is currently downloading the full ENGLISH version of Dark Souls 3 right now??

This guy!

WOOOOOT!

Goldi

Noob
I loved Bloodborn and Cookies and Cream by From but have never played a proper souls game. I'm pretty hype for it :)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
How to get the FULL ENGLISH version of Dark Souls 3 (XBOX ONE ONLY):

1. Go to: https://account.microsoft.com

2. Login to xbox MS account.

3. Under billing and payments tab at the top, select payment options.

4. Add a new payment option.

5. In the US dropdown, select Japan and check "Paypal".

6. Click next and link your paypal to your MS account.

7. If it asks for an address on MS page, enter US embassy address:

Postal Code: 107-8420
City: Tokyo
Address: 1-10-5 Akasaka
Phone: 03-3224-5000

8. Go to microsoft store (Microsoftstore.com, change site to japan like you would Xbox.com) and purchase 8000 yen.

5000 yen link: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msjp/ja_JP/pdp/Xbox-ギフト-カード-5000円/productID.299585000

3000 yen link: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msjp/ja_JP/pdp/Xbox-ギフト-カード-3000円/productID.299584900

9. Use paypal to purchase.

Option A: Go to xbox.com and change language to Japan at the bottom left hand side of the page.

- Redeem codes from bottom of purchase email: https://account.xbox.com/ja-JP/PaymentAndBilling/RedeemCode?xr=mebarnav

- Purchase on xbox.com dark souls 3 purchase page using the yen account credit.

Option B: Log onto XBOX ONE. Go to "settings" -> "all settings" -> "system" -> "language & location" -> under "language", scroll all the way to the bottom which is Japanese.

- Now go to the bottom box and click A, this will restart your XBOX.

- Once restarted, head over to the store. (Note: Everything is in Japanese, so follow these instructions)

- You'll recognize the store as you'll see games.
- Under the first 4 games there's 3 little text boxes.
- Go to the third one, this is where you will redeem your codes.
- After you redeem, just look for Dark Souls 3.
- It costs something like 7.400 yen, which you should have 8,000. (You'll be paying around $72)
- Start download/install.
- Go to the install and pause it (Go to tactive downloads and hit start, the pause button looks like a pause button)
- Go to settings and change back to English
- Now restart again.
- Instead of going back and resuming the install, look for Dark Souls 3 now in the english store.
- It will say "Install" instead of "pre-order"
- Now, once it start installing, you should have 2 games in your queue, the JPN version and the ENG version. You won't be able to tell which is which until the ENG version starts installing.

NOTE: If it asks for a credit card before being able to use credit, enter in the same address as the US embassy and your credit card info will still go through as it doesn't validate it against the billing address. Once done it should let you still purchase it. (I'm not sure if this is required as I already had the address and card populated)

NOTE: Option A didn't work for me, Option B did.
@JJvercetti @Tokiwartoothxdk @Zabru @Geoffmeister @Jer @MK Led @twiztidworld

8. Go to microsoft store (Microsoftstore.com, change site to japan like you would Xbox.com) and purchase 8000 yen.

5000 yen link: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msjp/ja_JP/pdp/Xbox-ギフト-カード-5000円/productID.299585000

3000 yen link: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msjp/ja_JP/pdp/Xbox-ギフト-カード-3000円/productID.299584900

Option A: Go to xbox.com and change language to Japan at the bottom left hand side of the page.

- Redeem codes from bottom of purchase email: https://account.xbox.com/ja-JP/PaymentAndBilling/RedeemCode?xr=mebarnav

Option B: Log onto XBOX ONE. Go to "settings" -> "all settings" -> "system" -> "language & location" -> under "language", scroll all the way to the bottom which is Japanese.

- Once restarted, head over to the store. (Note: Everything is in Japanese, so follow these instructions)

- It costs something like 7.400 yen, which you should have 8,000. (You'll be paying around $72)
- Go to the install and pause it (Go to tactive downloads and hit start, the pause button looks like a pause button)
- Now restart again.
- Instead of going back and resuming the install, look for Dark Souls 3 now in the english store.
- Now, once it start installing, you should have 2 games in your queue, the JPN version and the ENG version. You won't be able to tell which is which until the ENG version starts installing.

NOTE: If it asks for a credit card before being able to use credit, enter in the same address as the US embassy and your credit card info will still go through as it doesn't validate it against the billing address. Once done it should let you still purchase it. (I'm not sure if this is required as I already had the address and card populated)

Sadly I am on PSN and already pre ordered the disc version. But provide updates of how your liking the game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That looks hardcore lmao
It's complicated, but I had someone who already did it help walk me through it. My download is at 20%, so won't be able to play until after work tomorrow. If anyone wants to do this and needs help, my twitter is in my signature. Even though it's complicated, it's not that bad if you follow the steps and you have someone on standby to answer questions.

- Now restart again.

Nooooooo its XBox :(
Thank anyways, I just assume everyone is on PS4 lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
To confirm it's English:

dks3PIC1.jpg

Some of the menu, you CAN switch jump to B aka Circle.
dks3PIC2.jpg

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
If you can both react to everything the other one is doing then you can't hit each other until someone makes a mistake and seen as a mistake is the only way you can lose people played even more passive. That was "high-level" dark souls 2 PvP and it is unplayable

Hey at least both of you admit you don't play PVP any more so I can forgive your ignorance.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Personally I dont really like PvP as most of the invaders I face always hide behind enemies or run off to them when they are dying but I hope they keep the arenas from 2 so that if I ever decide to fight people the option is there.
Those are scumbag invaders or people who are trying to troll/being tryhards because they know no other way. The only time I use try hard tactics are if they are a gank squad which is the term used for those who intentionally have 2 white or gold phantoms with them in known PvP area's and want to gain up on invaders. But remember this about PvP in the open world. The host has every advantage over the phantom! The host can heal (phantoms must use spells or humanity is DS), summon 2 other phantoms, and in DS2 use a seed of the tree giant. Plus invaders are on a timer so if they want to be punks let em. Especially if you're just playing through the game summon phantoms to help you. All is fair in the open world and why there are bows and such so that you can agree to be honorable or not. In DS2 invaders are also by design usually at a lower Soul Memory aka SM (DS was better in most of the community's opinion being based on Soul level). The intent being that you get invaded by someone just a touch less powerful than you. However invaders are usually more adept players so that's one reason SM was crap.

The Arena's were great to a point but I really hope that they have matchmaking by which ever system they use this time weather it be SM,SL, or something new. In DS2 there was no MM at all so you could be a SL 125 facing a max 830 havel mage with a dark chaos blade more than likely (fuck katana's). Shit was dumb AF but I'm not surprised since there were achievements tied to reaching max covenant level in the arena's so people boosted the giant memory's to reach 800+. They were beatable if they were trash but it was so annoying! Especially because they always healed like pussy's and of course the lag was pretty bad.

If you really want to play PvP I recommend that you wait and see what area the community gravitates toward for honorable duels and fight clubs. FIght clubs are where a host summons white and red phantoms together and everyone watches 1v1's and you just cheer on the sidelines and keep it rolling. Super fun! In DS usually found in the Undead Berg and Anor Londo. DS2 the lava bridge who's name escapes me but people often organize and use another area so they don't get interrupted by people who don't understand it and force the group to 3v1 some poor phantom. This is the best PvP because they will be within 10% of your SL or SM and everyone is there for fun and to test their skills. Some killers out there! Covenants are also fun for PvP as there is no penalty whatsoever to you invading the forest for Savina in DS or the Bell Tower in DS2. But generally only early in the game because now days the forest is just full of gank squads and the bell tower noobs who are just doing the story who are not challenge or disconnect from on-line so it's not that fun.

LEGI0N47

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I haven't done DS2 PvP since the sunken king dlc.
Well there was a broke AF DLC weapon that came with the next one so be glad. But hey at least they nerfed crits on daggers and such so that if you wanted to one-shot you had to use ultra weapons or a few specific builds. speaking of that I hope menu swapping goes away with DS3.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
Well there was a broke AF DLC weapon that came with the next one so be glad. But hey at least they nerfed crits on daggers and such so that if you wanted to one-shot you had to use ultra weapons or a few specific builds. speaking of that I hope menu swapping goes away with DS3.
Which weapon is that? Because the only ones that comes to mind is either the Fume knight's UGS/longsword or majestic GS.

LEGI0N47

Which weapon is that? Because the only ones that comes to mind is either the Fume knight's UGS/longsword or majestic GS.
Ice Rapier. Had low requirements, good scaling, and top tier counter hitting. It was stupid easy to make it really powerful and it was really easy to use, especially in lag souls lol. It might not have been broken as adept players could counter it well enough but in a lot of people's eyes it was chaos blade level for how braindead it was.

Fume knight sword was awesome! But not broken IMO. You had to make good reads and be decent with ulta's. I loved fighting with ultras. Especially UGS and Fume.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
Ice Rapier. Had low requirements, good scaling, and top tier counter hitting. It was stupid easy to make it really powerful and it was really easy to use, especially in lag souls lol. It might not have been broken as adept players could counter it well enough but in a lot of people's eyes it was chaos blade level for how braindead it was.

Fume knight sword was awesome! But not broken IMO. You had to make good reads and be decent with ulta's. I loved fighting with ultras. Especially UGS and Fume.
Oh I assumed you meant the some weapon in the old iron king dlc lol. But yeah, I've heard Ice rapier being pretty brain dead with that counter hit scaling, and being able to 1-2 shot people when buffed with CMW and doing special ability. But les be real, the most OP weapon in souls games are pretty much longswords.

LEGI0N47

Oh I assumed you meant the some weapon in the old iron king dlc lol. But yeah, I've heard Ice rapier being pretty brain dead with that counter hit scaling, and being able to 1-2 shot people when buffed with CMW and doing special ability. But les be real, the most OP weapon in souls games are pretty much longswords.
lol yup. Those and katana's with counter hit scaling. Especially in DS2 with the not so great poise system. I got so sick of seeing all the cheese builds with jester, horse head, havel legs and arms (or engraved gauntlets), and dark chaos blade or LS. They always healed too!

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Oh, well that explains a lot! I hope @@MylesWright_ doesn't try to say he has played recently.
I played this games PvP for 2 years. I know what I'm talking about...

There's people talking about a buffed Ice Rapier killing people in 2 hits and you were saying a str weapon which is slower and does less damage than that little toothpick did is not a bad weapon? It isn't bad because you can't win with it because you can win with anything in this game, it's bad because it is a terrible weapon

Last edited: