What's new

Dark Souls 3 Discussion Thread

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
This is kind of why I stopped talking about the game, because it's too hard to talk about. There's a lot of stuff in the game PvPwise that you just can't use but because the majority of the people playing the game are casuals you can use them which causes a divide in discussion because the games being played completely differently

There were 1f or 2f links in this game
well yeah, i mean if were talking only top top PVP guys then all were going to see is long sword (pretty much most straight swords), warped sword, estoc, RRS, Katanas, and a few wild cards thrown in like ice rapier, maybe some twinblades. im just going on a random matchmaking basis. You're not always going to go up against a havel jester with Chaos blade RobSOflynn and resonant weapon. At least not when i played, maybe it has devolved into a meta shitshow

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Souls PvP consists of a lot of scrubs because it isn't taken competitively, your mistaking killing these players for the weapon being good.

Look at the speed of the rolls in the game; it is "impossible" to hit someone with a slow weapon when every attack can be dodged and punished on reaction and this is just if you choose to roll or backstep. Grab a shield and just turtle-poke every single attack.

Str weapons and magic is basically PvE exclusive.

Do you know what a "bait" is? Also lol at sheild and turtle poking and even more lols at ppl not taking the game competitively. I have never played a game with so many try-hards in my life. Also magic has and always will be a competitive staple in pvp. Spells like great heal, GMB, Sacred oath, heavenly thunder, WOG (it's still OK), affinity, climax, CSS to certain extent, warmth, great combustion and Flame whip the list goes on.

Also slow weapons are best for animation cancels- I really have no clue what game you are playing.

Zabru

well yeah, i mean if were talking only top top PVP guys then all were going to see is long sword (pretty much most straight swords), warped sword, estoc, RRS, Katanas, and a few wild cards thrown in like ice rapier, maybe some twinblades. im just going on a random matchmaking basis. You're not always going to go up against a havel jester with Chaos blade RobSOflynn and resonant weapon. At least not when i played, maybe it has devolved into a meta shitshow
No it hasn't, in fact it is completely balanced weapons and gear wise. If you play in arena as long as there are ppl near your level you will verse them over other people and resonant weapon is real bad now btw.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Do you know what a "bait" is? Also lol at sheild and turtle poking and even more lols at ppl not taking the game competitively. I have never played a game with so many try-hards in my life. Also magic has and always will be a competitive staple in pvp. Spells like great heal, GMB, Sacred oath, heavenly thunder, WOG (it's still OK), affinity, climax, CSS to certain extent, warmth, great combustion and Flame whip the list goes on.

Also slow weapons are best for animation cancels- I really have no clue what game you are playing.
I've read this and I'm not falling for the bait because it is exactly what I was talking about. I will enjoy hunting you down in Dark Souls 3 whilst you try and hit me with spells and slow weapons when the game gives you an immediate invincible roll to dodge everything

MK Led

Umbasa
I heard the other day that the demo build they gave out to the press had toned down boss fights, so that game journalists could actually beat it. So if like me you have seen a little bit of footage and thought the bosses looked a bit too easy, don't worry, Miyazaki-sama has you covered.

Zabru

I've read this and I'm not falling for the bait because it is exactly what I was talking about. I will enjoy hunting you down in Dark Souls 3 whilst you try and hit me with spells and slow weapons when the game gives you an immediate invincible roll to dodge everything
Do you know what an animation cancel is? What poise is? What hyperarmor is? Also it hurts me to see you sadly mistake lightning fast spells that track as difficult to hit. Your not even factoring in lag. You never really played much DS2 did you?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Do you know what an animation cancel is? What poise is? What hyperarmor is? Also it hurts me to see you sadly mistake lightning fast spells that track as difficult to hit. Your not even factoring in lag. You never really played much DS2 did you?
I played too much DS2. You could react to the animation cancels, you could react to all the spells because they were slow heck even if you managed to miss your roll you could just quickroll and still dodge the spell and the hyperarmor on str weapons was irrelevant because it only kicked in part way through the attack. The weapons were big and slow and yet still did less damage than the faster weapons... they were trash

If you've played fighting games than Souls PvP should be a cakewalk

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
From what I've heard rolls aren't completely invincible (In Dark Souls 3). And you can kill people with slow weapons if you're good, you have to bait the rolls and parries. Mix it up.

Zabru

From what I've heard rolls aren't completely invincible (In Dark Souls 3). And you can kill people with slow weapons if you're good, you have to bait the rolls and parries. Mix it up.
This. It's not hard to win with STR weps you just have to use your brain and mix it up.

Zabru

I played too much DS2. You could react to the animation cancels, you could react to all the spells because they were slow heck even if you managed to miss your roll you could just quickroll and still dodge the spell and the hyperarmor on str weapons was irrelevant because it only kicked in part way through the attack. The weapons were big and slow and yet still did less damage than the faster weapons... they were trash

If you've played fighting games than Souls PvP should be a cakewalk
Have fun reacting to a heavenly thunder M8 also weapons like the Fume UGS were fucking beast, not trash. Also you could react to animation cancels but some are near impossible and you have to make a read. Strength weps doing less then dex? It's been a while since you've played hasn't it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This. It's not hard to win with STR weps you just have to use your brain and mix it up.
Yup, and there's tons of proof if you don't want to try it yourself. Check out Oroboro The Ninja's YouTube series "Oro's Arsenal". He uses STR weapons often, and bodies just about every player he fights.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Have fun reacting to a heavenly thunder M8 also weapons like the Fume UGS were fucking beast, not trash. Also you could react to animation cancels but some are near impossible and you have to make a read. Strength weps doing less then dex? It's been a while since you've played hasn't it.
Well I reacted to heavenly thunder. If you were casting it in my face you were getting out of it and if not then I wasn't walking into the spells cast range, it wasn't even remotely hard to deal with... People would try to walk forwards and cast it and you literally just take a step backwards and every bolt misses; there is nothing forcing you to run at someone whilst there's a lightning storm AoE around them and if you can't dodge it you could walk through it because having 900 elemental defense gave you immunity from the type of magic. Magic sucked

The Fume UGS had around 600ar with a 10% multipler on counter-hit and you could not buff it. A katana was buffable and had 450ar and a 60% multipler on counter-hit as well as being lighter, faster, having a better move-set, costing less stamina, less recovery etc.

You were never forced to make a read in this game. You were able to have the most passive and dry playstyle and just sit back and punish everything your opponent did and no one could stop you. If you had a shield no one could touch you until you put down that shield and please do not mention the slow PvE anti-shield guard break mechanic that had no range and a very visible animation with long start-up

Yup, and there's tons of proof if you don't want to try it yourself. Check out Oroboro The Ninja's YouTube series "Oro's Arsenal". He uses STR weapons often, and bodies just about every player he fights.
I know but this isn't because the str weapons are good, It is because people playing the game aren't which is why he can make videos like that and why the PvP is fun. You can use whatever you want in the game and do well because the majority of players are casuals

Last edited:

Zabru

Fume UGS has a fucking near perfect moveset man, it could block while attacking. Also multiple weps could go aatack through shield so your point is void and one of those weps was your beloved katana. Heavenly thunder on wake up is real strong and "taking a step back" will kill u lol.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Fume UGS has a fucking near perfect moveset man, it could block while attacking. Also multiple weps could go aatack through shield so your point is void and one of those weps was your beloved katana. Heavenly thunder on wake up is real strong and "taking a step back" will kill u lol.
Why is it so difficult believe that game this could be played at a level where most of the things in it became irrelevant. The last character I made on this was lvl 150 and I got it to rank 3 in Brotherhood of blood by winning 500/515 fights and it's not like I was amazing or anything. Just learning the game mechanics meant you were already better than 95%+ of the people playing the game

Zabru

Also you seem to not understand that going on the offensive puts you in the firing line. You can not attack in DS2 without running the risk of being destroyed by either a parry or simply your opponent swinging at the same time. There is no flawless offensive or defence.

Zabru

Why is it so difficult believe that game this could be played at a level where most of the things in it became irrelevant. The last character I made on this was lvl 150 and I got it to rank 3 in Brotherhood of blood by winning 500/515 fights and it's not like I was amazing or anything. Just learning the game mechanics meant you were already better than 95%+ of the people playing the game
What about the other 5% of people (it's more than that)? How do you even hit each other if you are so damn good you can react to everything and see animation cancels+parry attempts coming from a mile away? Lets not forget how you can completely determine how many frames of lag there is from the moment the fight begins. How do you both overcome each others irrelevancy? I'm dying to know.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
What about the other 5% of people (it's more than that)? How do you even hit each other if you are so damn good you can react to everything and see animation cancels+parry attempts coming from a mile away? Lets not forget how you can completely determine how many frames of lag there is from the moment the fight begins. How do you both overcome each others irrelevancy? I'm dying to know.
When the lag is so horrific it shouldn't even be taken into consideration because you couldn't fight let alone see each other on the screen.

If everyone played PvP seriously then no one would actually play the PvP in the game. The better your opponent was the more boring the fight was; when I fought a caster I would just stand there and dodge every spell until they ran out and then they would black crystal out and send me hatemail lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Apparently, since the JPN version is in English and just subbed in Japanese, there was a loophole where you could purchase it on the JPN store, then switch back to English to download it, and bam, you had the English version of the game.

It has been since patched I think. As in they took Dark Souls 3 off both the xbox store and PSN store for the Japanese version. Man, shit always gets patched while I'm at work.

Apparently, since the JPN version is in English and just subbed in Japanese, there was a loophole where you could purchase it on the JPN store, then switch back to English to download it, and bam, you had the English version of the game.

It has been since patched I think. As in they took Dark Souls 3 off both the xbox store and PSN store for the Japanese version. Man, shit always gets patched while I'm at work.
I would have took FULL advantage of this :(

Zabru

When the lag is so horrific it shouldn't even be taken into consideration because you couldn't fight let alone see each other on the screen.

If everyone played PvP seriously then no one would actually play the PvP in the game. The better your opponent was the more boring the fight was; when I fought a caster I would just stand there and dodge every spell until they ran out and then they would black crystal out and send me hatemail lol
You didn't really answer my question and I'm not sure but I think you might be kidding at this point. If so: well played.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』

I could have done this but i am firm on getting my games physical, I love having all my games next to each other