What's new

Danger Indicator in MK9

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
Yes, there is one and it only took us a year to find it. Shoutouts to NRS for being too subtle and my nerdy voice.
For clarification it's in the red square and once your life bar gets to the edge of that bright corner you cannot take any chip damage outside of pokes40.jpg

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Wow are you serious, WTF kind of vid is this? I swear these threads are being over run with pointless shit nowadays

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
I don't see anything there.
Its the bottom corner of the part of the bar closest to the timer. It is the brightest part of the whole bar and extends just less than 1%, I think its a bit more than a coincidence.

Somberness

Lights
Its the bottom corner of the part of the bar closest to the timer. It is the brightest part of the whole bar and extends just less than 1%, I think its a bit more than a coincidence.
Oh, I thought you were saying it changes. But in the thread you made about health levels, it doesn't match up.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
So there isnt an actual indicator besides that?

-__________________________________________________________________-

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
Oh, I thought you were saying it changes. But in the thread you made about health levels, it doesn't match up.
Doesn't match up with what, 1%? That's because it's slightly less so that you can't take any chip outside of pokes.
EDIT
I get what you're saying now and since .05 and .1 fall behind the bright area you still are at risk of being killed by anything. The more and more I look at it, it's just a ghetto version :(

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
In hindsight I probably should have called this thread the "ghetto" damage indicator.
So there isnt an actual indicator besides that?

-__________________________________________________________________-
It actually sticks out once your aware of it

I'd rather a danger indicator hit when you have 15-20% health left. 1% is pointless, because you're dead eitherway. Some moves do 2% chipdamage and a player can tell when we have 1-2% chip left :p

Espio

Kokomo
I appreciate it qweeler and also you have a classy voice:).

Visuals cues are a big deal to look for, so I'll be paying close attention to this, awesome.

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
I'd rather a danger indicator hit when you have 15-20% health left. 1% is pointless, because you're dead eitherway. Some moves do 2% chipdamage and a player can tell when we have 1-2% chip left :p
Now that I think about it it's probably just a ghetto version that was unintended. But if it was intended by NRS I guess it was just to give a sort of general idea.