What's new

Cyrax Post Patch Technologies, A Short Combo Video I Made.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Hmmmm... I've tested it a buncha times. Again, MK9 Cyrax's chestsaw can be blocked if the opponent is standing or ducking, but MK3 Cyrax's chestsaw can be blocked ONLY if they are standing. I'll try to make a video later.

At least that's how it is in practice mode. I've only played online a handful of times since the patch came out.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Hmmmm... I've tested it a buncha times. Again, MK9 Cyrax's chestsaw can be blocked if the opponent is standing or ducking, but MK3 Cyrax's chestsaw can be blocked ONLY if they are standing. I'll try to make a video later.

At least that's how it is in practice mode. I've only played online a handful of times since the patch came out.
the same thing happened with the xbox patch, then after a few hours they changed it for all costumes, it WILL be overhead for all costumes mark my words

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Hmm. So if it's definitely an overhead, they really buffed Cyrax with this patch even tho the Chestsaw-to-bomb is gone. lol. Thanks NRS!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Ive found something big guys! very big! I can now do 80% + combos using no net reset and no meter!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Wtf Tony lol. Message me the secret lol
Cant REY, saving it for round 5. sorry bro.

This new thing i have has a guaranteed midscreen inescapable 58% damage using no meter.

Then there is a 68% version midscreen (no meter) that can only be escaped by an xray!

And from there on in, it gets even more crazy!

After my vids released ill explain it in great detail!

This has the potential to effect other characters too! kabal and subzero come to mind, but right now its just speculation until i test.

OMG!! I cant wait for Round 5. Cyrax is looking unstoppable :). Any ETA on that? Loved the music on Round 4 (Transformers OST).

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
Sorry for the bad video quality. Perhaps it was well known but I have not seen discussion of "Cyrax" TP on "wake up." As you are my option mix up on the wall

NariTuba

disMember
Sorry for the bad video quality. Perhaps it was well known but I have not seen discussion of "Cyrax" TP on "wake up." As you are my option mix up on the wall

1st combo (1,b3) was posted by Caraecrika a while back; here´s the thread:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?10904-51-55-Non-Reset-Corner-Combos

2nd combo ending with net im pretty sure it doesnt give you advantage (meaning the situation is neutral) after the second net. Have you tested it? I found some net finishers with advantage (tested) a few days back; here´s the thread:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?12312-2nd-net-combo-finisher-with-advantage

Sweep, teleport stuff is interesting... you are at disadvantage if they dont wake up tho right? so you might as well sweep and block for the same effect. Still maybe it can be used situationally...

Beginner0k_TwM

1st combo (1,b3) was posted by Caraecrika a while back; here´s the thread:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?10904-51-55-Non-Reset-Corner-Combos
Yes, you're right, but it does not match the damage shown in the video.
2nd combo ending with net im pretty sure it doesnt give you advantage (meaning the situation is neutral) after the second net. Have you tested it? I found some net finishers with advantage (tested) a few days back; here´s the thread:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?12312-2nd-net-combo-finisher-with-advantage
I note that while I do not understand how the second "NET", in one case and in others negative. Now I'm beginning to understand this technology in more detail .
Sweep, teleport stuff is interesting... you are at disadvantage if they dont wake up tho right? so you might as well sweep and block for the same effect. Still maybe it can be used situationally...
Let us moving away from Meelina f,f+3 of "sai" miss. This technology is very good and requires a careful study (since even if the advantage was taken EX special who gives the enemy attack priorities)

What do you think that's at the expense of such comb, I do not know what to think further.
2,1~f,f+4+R2 => f,f+4 => NJP => 4~b,b,f+4 => b+3 ...
2,1~f,f+R2 => b,b,f+4 => 2,1,2 ...

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I had initially done the b3 combo the 1,2,1 instead of the 33 but i just felt that the 33 is way more safe and leaves the opponent higher in the air.

Either way with the 1,2,1 it does 58%, i dunno why it registered 55% in your vid

Beginner0k_TwM

I had initially done the b3 combo the 1,2,1 instead of the 33 but i just felt that the 33 is way more safe and leaves the opponent higher in the air.

Either way with the 1,2,1 it does 58%, i dunno why it registered 55% in your vid
If you're on my video, I just did not FJP.If its something I do not know why. Although this combo 2 ~ b 3 takes more than 1 ~ b 3. Go into practice and look to making life on the line 1 1 1, we see that when it takes 3% and 5% when.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
OMG!! I cant wait for Round 5. Cyrax is looking unstoppable :). Any ETA on that? Loved the music on Round 4 (Transformers OST).
a week or 2. maybe sooner, im not sure. Im about halfway. The vid will be 10 mins long and feature around 30 combos. Lots of stylish ones as well as new and useful bnb's. One of the biggest challenges in this vid is the editing.

Juro

Noob
God damnit Tony, god damnit.

I don't think NRS needs to nerf Cyrax, they need to nerf you.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Grrr, i had my friend over today and we did some exstensive testing with the new reset i found. Unfortunately it IS escapable by an EX wakeup attack and some other way wich i wont mention yet. Im gutted. It means ill have to change a few combos around. It doesnt effect my vid that much, but it is annoying.
Its still an amazing setup and the mixups from it are crazy! im still going to add some of the setups from in my vid. not all is lost.

i hope what maxter has is different then what i had.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Grrr, i had my friend over today and we did some exstensive testing with the new reset i found. Unfortunately it IS escapable by an EX wakeup attack and some other way wich i wont mention yet. Im gutted. It means ill have to change a few combos around. It doesnt effect my vid that much, but it is annoying.
Its still an amazing setup and the mixups from it are crazy! im still going to add some of the setups from in my vid. not all is lost.

i hope what maxter has is different then what i had.
im sure if maxter knew how to do whatever it is you're talking about we would have seen it already :p, are you sure its as useful as you say? (im not being a dick btw, im just VERY curious :p)