What's new

Breakthrough - Cybernetic Cybernetic Kanos Knives are broken..in a bad way

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
This is a glitch originally discovered by @MrInsaynne . we had no idea how it happened or why however after revisiting this months later i have found a way to replicate it with pretty much any character. If a forward advancing move is in motion while ex knives are active the player will be able to cancel their move by holding block. The knives will then cause the opponent to block half way through their active move.

The original video can be seen here

The rules for this glitch are as follows:

-Any character with a forward advancing normal or special that does not have an active hitbox the whole way through, or until collision can do this.

- only the normal version of the move will work, armored moves do not give you the block cancel.

Examples are in the video. These are pretty easy to replicate with practice.

I post this because there may be other moves in the game that can cause this, or this may be the only one. However if others do exist then understanding this one may help us find the others and ultimately have them removed.

Thanks to @Ashenar for recording and testing this out with me

@colt

skater11

The saltiest
I wonder if it'll auto block if you do EX knives into RC [insert whiff/startup punish normal here] or does this only work if you follow it up with EX knvies again? (EX knives, EX knives)

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
I tried not to think anything of it when I found it, and I immediately showed Josh. But I see now after he started looking into it again that it can be an issue especially against certain characters. The purpose of the EX knives is not only just the plus frames and the chip, but it's to break armor and punish since it hits 3 times. But now when someone like predator does a EX Stab and originally I read it and do EX knives to break armor, he can just block, and act as if he never took a risk in the first place.

Edit: Josh are you 100% on EX not going through by the way since I just seen what you wrote again.

Sick glitch.....

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Good shit! Well, in making the video and acknowledging the tech. The tech itself isn't a good thing for Kano lol. I think I've actually had this happen a couple of times but I didn't really think about what had just happened, just that it didn't do what normally happened. Probably didn't care because I was still plus haha. This should probably be changed asap though because that's kinda crap since they don't have to spend meter.

But believe it or not I don't think this is a bug, this is working properly according to MKXs mechanics from what I can tell from looking at it more closely. Basically in MKX when two moves hit at the same time on a character that character will only be affected by one collision and they'll enter an autoblock restand state. When the other character begins advancing at Kano you can see two of the knives hit them at the same time (as they take 3% which is one of the three ex knives on hit) so they enter the autoblock restand state, which is why they take the chip from the third knife at 1.63%. But that is only what happens against an armourless advancing move. The reason this doesn't work on an advancing armoured move is because when the first two of the knives go to hit them at the same time there is one collision, and this one collision just breaks the armour instead of sending them into the autoblock restand state, so because the first collision didn't trigger autoblock the third knife then hits them into a juggle state.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
^ That's exactly what I though too. It seems more like an oversight than a bug. Either way, needs to be addressed somehow.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I feel like this might be what I'm experiencing when I feel like certain moves have absolutely no whiff recovery. Boneshaper shinnok's gigantic bone string comes to mind.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
Good shit! Well, in making the video and acknowledging the tech. The tech itself isn't a good thing for Kano lol. I think I've actually had this happen a couple of times but I didn't really think about what had just happened, just that it didn't do what normally happened. Probably didn't care because I was still plus haha. This should probably be changed asap though because that's kinda crap since they don't have to spend meter.

But believe it or not I don't think this is a bug, this is working properly according to MKXs mechanics from what I can tell from looking at it more closely. Basically in MKX when two moves hit at the same time on a character that character will only be affected by one collision and they'll enter an autoblock restand state. When the other character begins advancing at Kano you can see two of the knives hit them at the same time (as they take 3% which is one of the three ex knives on hit) so they enter the autoblock restand state, which is why they take the chip from the third knife at 1.63%. But that is only what happens against an armourless advancing move. The reason this doesn't work on an advancing armoured move is because when the first two of the knives go to hit them at the same time there is one collision, and this one collision just breaks the armour instead of sending them into the autoblock restand state, so because the first collision didn't trigger autoblock the third knife then hits them into a juggle state.
nah I've seen for myself. all of the knives are getting blocked, it's not the restand thing that happens when you get hit by one or two knives and then block the last one. the EX knives do 4.12% chip and each hit is consistent

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
nah I've seen for myself. all of the knives are getting blocked, it's not the restand thing that happens when you get hit by one or two knives and then block the last one. the EX knives do 4.12% chip and each hit is consistent
One of the knives is definitely hitting them. In the videos the first collision does 3% then the blocked third knife does 1.63% which gives a total of 4.63%, not 4.12%. 3% is what the first knife of the ex knives does on hit. I'm almost certain that's what's happening going by the damage values in the videos.