What's new

Cyber Sub Zero Hit confirmable X-ray Trap

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Well as we all know there are no guaranteed resets with CSZ other than his up 4 bomb cancel on a standing opponent. Well in this video i try to make use of the fact that he can cancel a normal into xray in the air. Ive had a great deal of success with this x-ray setup and i find it to be useful in the way that you wont blow an xray without worrying if it will connect or not. i dont know if this is new or not but i havent seen it on the boards so i feel its time to post this. Im up for discussion with all of the cyber players as to how practical you will find this, although i am confident that it is a great tool to add to CSZ arsenal. BTW the excessive up 4 bomb cancel is just to show that it can be looped for as long as you like until the opponent gets a clue.

[MENTION=2157]UsedForGlue[/MENTION] [MENTION=9392]TEST YOUR MIGHT[/MENTION] [MENTION=275]Pig Of The Hut[/MENTION] [MENTION=5151]Altaire[/MENTION] [MENTION=8162]GuamoKun[/MENTION]

let me know what you guys think.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
What about wake-up attacks?

I'm sure some characters can escape this though, but this is really neat since I love set-ups and traps and the like.

Interesting that the bomb knocks them into u4.

EDIT: holy moly my attention span is so short I didn't catch that.

What about wake-up attacks?

I'm sure some characters can escape this though, but this is really neat since I love set-ups and traps and the like.

Interesting that the bomb knocks them into u4.
Watch the beginning of the vid you scrub.

You know what I think? Cyber Sub Zero with his primary costume and alternate color looks way cooler.
In all seriousness, I usually do that with my X-ray, and its mostly guaranteed. So that definitely works.

As for the cross-over into U4, I'd like to test a few things out with you if you'd like.
Specifically, different ways to get strings in without worry of wakeup attacks.

But J, being the God-king-celebrity among men that you are, it's quite hard to get matches in with you. Stop appearing offline you neato-burrito incognito guy.

Also, I have a serious question. Why was Pig added to the list on your post? He doesn't main Cyber anymore >.> (angels, crying) -dropkicks Pig into Noob Saibot-esque abyss in slow motion-. Pig, I'm calling you out you Tom Brady main dropper. I believed in you. You were going to run through Kitana's and Kabal's at NEC ._.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
You know what I think? Cyber Sub Zero with his primary costume and alternate color looks way cooler.
In all seriousness, I usually do that with my X-ray, and its mostly guaranteed. So that definitely works.

As for the cross-over into U4, I'd like to test a few things out with you if you'd like.

But J, being the God-king-celebrity among men that you are, it's quite hard to get matches in with you. Stop appearing offline you neato-burrito incognito guy.

Also, I have a serious question. Why was Pig added to the list on your post? He doesn't main Cyber anymore >.> (angels, crying) -dropkicks Pig into Noob Saibot-esque abyss in slow motion-. Pig, I'm calling you out you Tom Brady main dropper. I believed in you. You were going to run through Kitana's and Kabal's at NEC ._.
Sure break it down. I know you'll find other practical setups. And btw I just haven't been on Xbox because I moved. I should be on by the end of this week once I get my 100 ft Ethernet cord.
Oh and for the up 4 you don't have to worry Much about wakeups because the bomb interrupts whatever silly capture type wake up anyone has. So for the most part this shit is really safe to attempt.
Lmao at pig dropping csz. I'm pretty sure hes still playing em

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Altaire

Noob

Uh, Pig never mained Cyber Sub. His only main that really stuck is Mileena, but he's been shuffling through different characters since launch. He's still a great Cyber Sub player and a credit to the community. If he shouldn't be addressed in this post, I guess Usedforglue shouldn't either, because he dropped Cyber Sub for Cyrax/Reptile.

Good shit, Josh. From what I'm seeing (and unfortunately, I can't test it while I'm still out of a TV), you basically get the X-ray no matter what if you know the jump in punch will connect at all, and it can be broken either way; the punch can't be broken because it's the first hit of a chain, and X-rays can't be broken regardless. I already put the U4 mid bomb loop in my guide, which I spoke to you about already, but I'll definitely add this in as well.

On that note, I spoke to Pig. He's good to go for tuesday night, so we'll be able to finish our discussion then. If all goes well, the guide could be released as early as thursday or friday, finally. Hopefully, it'll be worth the wait.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Personally, I think its excellent, even without using the :x, I never thought of landing a short bomb and crossing over into a block string, will this launch from 212+2 also?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Personally, I think its excellent, even without using the :x, I never thought of landing a short bomb and crossing over into a block string, will this launch from 212+2 also?
Thanks glue!!! Unfortunately the second hit whiffs although you can use altairs setup which is a 34 into combo of your choice.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Very nice tech: is it possible though to AA j.D4 or j.D3 into a breakerable combo?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I haven't tried that setup enough but I might have a setup for that

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I remember messing with something similar to this way back when the game first came out. I actually was just talking about this to Chef the other day too. lol

I almost picked up Cyber Sub, but he just didn't peak my interest. I basically did the same 21 freeze, 21 2+1, U4*close bomb, xray.

Good shit, J.

Uh, Pig never mained Cyber Sub. His only main that really stuck is Mileena, but he's been shuffling through different characters since launch. He's still a great Cyber Sub player and a credit to the community. If he shouldn't be addressed in this post, I guess Usedforglue shouldn't either, because he dropped Cyber Sub for Cyrax/Reptile.

Good shit, Josh. From what I'm seeing (and unfortunately, I can't test it while I'm still out of a TV), you basically get the X-ray no matter what if you know the jump in punch will connect at all, and it can be broken either way; the punch can't be broken because it's the first hit of a chain, and X-rays can't be broken regardless. I already put the U4 mid bomb loop in my guide, which I spoke to you about already, but I'll definitely add this in as well.

On that note, I spoke to Pig. He's good to go for tuesday night, so we'll be able to finish our discussion then. If all goes well, the guide could be released as early as thursday or friday, finally. Hopefully, it'll be worth the wait.
If I had a dollar for every time Pig posted in the forums, good sir, I'd have a dollar. That being said, Glue should be included because he has an accent. Therefore, he can make a dashingly swell commentary if this ever makes the front page.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Well as we all know there are no guaranteed resets with CSZ other than his up 4 bomb cancel on a standing opponent. Well in this video i try to make use of the fact that he can cancel a normal into xray in the air. Ive had a great deal of success with this x-ray setup and i find it to be useful in the way that you wont blow an xray without worrying if it will connect or not. i dont know if this is new or not but i havent seen it on the boards so i feel its time to post this. Im up for discussion with all of the cyber players as to how practical you will find this, although i am confident that it is a great tool to add to CSZ arsenal. BTW the excessive up 4 bomb cancel is just to show that it can be looped for as long as you like until the opponent gets a clue.

[MENTION=2157]UsedForGlue[/MENTION] [MENTION=9392]TEST YOUR MIGHT[/MENTION] [MENTION=275]Pig Of The Hut[/MENTION] [MENTION=5151]Altaire[/MENTION] [MENTION=8162]GuamoKun[/MENTION]

I just saw this and have read no responses yet but ill say this

THIS IS 100% F ing bad ass.

Great stuff J360, thats pretty definitive tech right there.

Now on to read the thread :)

Pig Of The Hut

If I had a dollar for every time Pig posted in the forums, good sir, I'd have a dollar. That being said, Glue should be included because he has an accent. Therefore, he can make a dashingly swell commentary if this ever makes the front page.

hey Im not sure why you have it out for me in terms of the CSZ department.

If you must know I play to win and at the same time stay loyal to my characters.

When i play online im testing MUs, characters, strats, etc but when i go to tourneys i always go in w a PLAYER and a CHARACTER MU chart made me by with who i prefer against every character and per player.

That being said - I use CSZ for about 10 MUs (just checked lol) and this probably wont change come FR or WB if I attend. I have Rain penned for ONE match up and my other two take care of the rest.

Ive spent countless games and time w this character and he's still my go to in a lot of top tier MUs such as Raiden (bring it PL) and it makes no f ing sense to me why i would pay large money to go to a tourney to pick CSZ in a MU in which I feel does not favor him.

So lets talk about my NEC matches real quick, here are the characters i played against in order

SUB ZERO
CYRAX (regular)
SEKTOR (human)
SUB ZERO
KUNG LAO
KENSHI
SONYA
KITANA

Kung Lao i use CSZ and RAIN on however i won the first match w Mileena and Tom Brady "counter picked" me with Kung Lao so i would have liked to pick CSZ to prove a point but Mileena made him free.

Not in ANY of those characters above (other than LAO...well and Kenshi but i was on a ROLL w mileena and against SABIN i told myself Mileena always for many reasons ill keep to me) would i find it logical in the way i play to use another one of my Mains vs CSZ.

If I would have gone against RAIDEN, NW, CAGE, NOOB, BARAKA, ERMAC, etc etc etc etc MOST likely i would have used CSZ.

Again Im not out there trying to prove i can win w CSZ against all the cast , when i go to tourneys I go to win for me and no one else.

With that being said If i see you at a tourney ill tell u now ill pick CSZ to prove a point :)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I just saw this and have read no responses yet but ill say this

THIS IS 100% F ing bad ass.

Great stuff J360, thats pretty definitive tech right there.

Now on to read the thread :)
Thanks pig ive been applying it in alot of my matches and i tend to abuse it on people to see what they can do to escape it. Some people try to roll and wake up attack but end of losing the armor on their wakeup attack and eat a combo, some try to lay down for the up 4 to whiff, which still gets popped up by the bomb into the up 4 and cancels into another bomb lol. 1 rep of up 4 into xray setup is 101%. i tested it the other day and thanks to that i made a comeback. The sindel had me pretty much dead, and flawlessed. i got one hit and won the match in about 15 seconds lol. 37% pop up into bomb situation, 22% blocked up 4 bomb setup and then a back into the xray setup for another 40%. Thats 99% physical damage and 2% chip. The setup has its weakness against certain wakeups but the beauty is the difficulty in getting those wakeups out without risking getting full combod for messing up your already crossed up input.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
This thing is so fun and J360 is right about how it ends matches quickly.

Another useful tool for CSZ. His stuff isn't as jaw dropping as Cyrax but hey its something!

People have to realize...you can't just only play as CSZ and expect to win everything.

It'd be neat but it isn't realistic.

hey Im not sure why you have it out for me in terms of the CSZ department.

If you must know I play to win and at the same time stay loyal to my characters.

When i play online im testing MUs, characters, strats, etc but when i go to tourneys i always go in w a PLAYER and a CHARACTER MU chart made me by with who i prefer against every character and per player.

That being said - I use CSZ for about 10 MUs (just checked lol) and this probably wont change come FR or WB if I attend. I have Rain penned for ONE match up and my other two take care of the rest.

Ive spent countless games and time w this character and he's still my go to in a lot of top tier MUs such as Raiden (bring it PL) and it makes no f ing sense to me why i would pay large money to go to a tourney to pick CSZ in a MU in which I feel does not favor him.

So lets talk about my NEC matches real quick, here are the characters i played against in order

SUB ZERO
CYRAX (regular)
SEKTOR (human)
SUB ZERO
KUNG LAO
KENSHI
SONYA
KITANA

Kung Lao i use CSZ and RAIN on however i won the first match w Mileena and Tom Brady "counter picked" me with Kung Lao so i would have liked to pick CSZ to prove a point but Mileena made him free.

Not in ANY of those characters above (other than LAO...well and Kenshi but i was on a ROLL w mileena and against SABIN i told myself Mileena always for many reasons ill keep to me) would i find it logical in the way i play to use another one of my Mains vs CSZ.

If I would have gone against RAIDEN, NW, CAGE, NOOB, BARAKA, ERMAC, etc etc etc etc MOST likely i would have used CSZ.

Again Im not out there trying to prove i can win w CSZ against all the cast , when i go to tourneys I go to win for me and no one else.

With that being said If i see you at a tourney ill tell u now ill pick CSZ to prove a point :)
No hard feelings man. If it ever seems like I'm talking bad about you or J360 I'm just kidding. You musn't take what I say too seriously if it sounds offensive, because 90% of the time it's trolling.

I obviously know you're a capable player and Cyber player. Well, that is...until you beat REO's Kabal and CD's Kitana. 3 out of 10 impossibru challenge :D

Pig Of The Hut

No hard feelings man. If it ever seems like I'm talking bad about you or J360 I'm just kidding. You musn't take what I say too seriously if it sounds offensive, because 90% of the time it's trolling.

I obviously know you're a capable player and Cyber player. Well, that is...until you beat REO's Kabal and CD's Kitana. 3 out of 10 impossibru challenge :D
I've beaten reo in a series w CSZ vs kabal

Please PM him and ask , w mil and CSz I believe he said 20-6 was score

It's online so I don't take it too literal - however offline ad online I'm comfortable w CSz vs kabal

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!

I recently got a taste of this badass tech and I must say, it's very effective. The Cyber Sub-Zero community will definitely wanna add this to their games, LOL. Good stuff, man! And good games the other night.

I use Cyber and Cyber is a deadly character but not against all the characters,!! i dont use CSZ against everybody cause CZS has weak points that can be defeated against some other characters... what you have shown is not a trap is way too scapable, some one tried to do that on me while i was using kano , and when i saw this guy tried to do this on me i used kanos enhanced upball and kano escaped CSZ Xray , plus any enhanced wakeup attack in teleport can scape this or any enhanced wake attack , you might get some rookies with this trap but when it comes to play against heavy duty players they all will scape this Trap wanna be ....

ill tell you wHO HAS a dirty Trap : CYRAX HAS A RETART CHEATING 90% COMBO RESET THAT THERE IS NO WAY TO SCAPE ONCE HE GET YOU !!!

Nice Vid thou

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I use Cyber and Cyber is a deadly character but not against all the characters,!! i dont use CSZ against everybody cause CZS has weak points that can be defeated against some other characters... what you have shown is not a trap is way too scapable, some one tried to do that on me while i was using kano , and when i saw this guy tried to do this on me i used kanos enhanced upball and kano escaped CSZ Xray , plus any enhanced wakeup attack in teleport can scape this or any enhanced wake attack , you might get some rookies with this trap but when it comes to play against heavy duty players they all will scape this Trap wanna be ....

ill tell you wHO HAS a dirty Trap : CYRAX HAS A RETART CHEATING 90% COMBO RESET THAT THERE IS NO WAY TO SCAPE ONCE HE GET YOU !!!

Nice Vid thou
Well I do state that it can be escaped, although it is hard at times. Its a trap in the sense that it forces you to rely on one or 2 options to escape giving me advantage and a free shot at another 22% or 40%. Cyrax reset is just a guaranteed reset that can only be breakered. And btw I use this mainly against good players. No one from vsm is a rookie so this tech has been pretty helpful. Thanks for the response though. And btw what do you mean by wanna be?