What's new

Guide Cyber Sub-Zero Combo & Juggle Thread

I came across this one while searching, I think I saw one similar on a previous page but this is a slight variant. (a helluva lot harder for 1% of damage extra) It's alot smoother looking if you watch it on youtube.

This one I like as well but you can get a few extra damage points by adding the jump ins.

Figured out a slight variant on the launcher combo above. Instead of a 3,4,slide at the end you can do 3,3,2,slide. So you could do a full combo as JumpInP, 2,1xxIce Ball, JumpInP, 2,1,1+2, ForwardJumpP, DiveKick4, 3,3,2xxSlide.

-M-

Noob

Found a 48% corner combo that's quite easy to land, 45% without the jump in, dunno if it's known, I didn't see it here though, but I only had a quick browse through so may have missed it.

(first post, so hi everyone!)

Anyway, I found a 42% Midsceen (1 meter) with Cyb-Zero. 41% no meter. Timing is a little tricky, but certainly doable. Has become fairly reliable for me.

Jump-in 2, 2, 1 Iceball, Jump-in 2, 2, 1, 2+1, Dash, 2, 1, Dash, 1, 1, 1, E Slide.

Surprised there was no mention of the 2,1, Dash, 1, 1, 1, before now. Seems like it has some potential.

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...
here is my advanced Kombo for my Cyber Sub-Zero (no meter used)

I'm not sure why this works, but you can use this combo as a Bomb setup (Yes, even though you already froze them). Just replace the slide with the Bomb of your choice.

The Bomb doesn't seem to be guaranteed. But it does seem to severely limit your opponents options, as u.4 leaves them grounded for a while (long enough to follow up your bomb with a Teleport safely).

I anyone finds a safe way out of this, please let me know.

-M-

Noob
With the increased scaling after freeze my corner combo now does 47% with jump in, 44% without the jump in. Got 2 more though, 1 of which still does 48% and one that does 49%, but the 49% seems to have very tight timing. Without the jump in they're 45% and 46%.

Nameer

Noob
I'm not sure why this works, but you can use this combo as a Bomb setup (Yes, even though you already froze them). Just replace the slide with the Bomb of your choice.

The Bomb doesn't seem to be guaranteed. But it does seem to severely limit your opponents options, as u.4 leaves them grounded for a while (long enough to follow up your bomb with a Teleport safely).

I anyone finds a safe way out of this, please let me know.
dude what bombs you talking about???
this kombo is done by me,I haven't used bombs because it's rarely hits in real match

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...
dude what bombs you talking about???
this kombo is done by me,I haven't used bombs because it's rarely hits in real match
Uhh, I never said anything about you using Bombs in this combo.

I said that you can use the combo you created as a Bomb setup. Simply switch out the Slide for the Bomb of your choice.

The only reason I quoted you, was so I didn't have to type out the notations.

I couldn't figure out why at first, but you're able to get a Bomb out despite having already frozen your opponent during the combo. But, I figured this worked because the combo actually ends just as you're getting the Bomb out.

I'm having trouble with that mid-screen. When I do the up+4, slide the slide part wiffs and goes right past them. Does it have strict timing or something?

I'm having trouble with that mid-screen. When I do the up+4, slide the slide part wiffs and goes right past them. Does it have strict timing or something?
You have to dash earlier and make the u+4 hit while the opponent is higher is the air. Try buffering the dash in the last part of the starter and then buffering the actual move during the dash.

I find the u.4,slide ender to be very difficult, especially online, so I've been using 2,1,b.2,2,slide as my bnb.

The whole combo is 2,1,Ice Ball,jump-in punch,2,1,1+2,dash2,1,b.2,2,slide. Good for 37%, which is 3% less than the same combo with the u.4,slide ender.

Just a note, the only somewhat tricky part is linking the 1 with the b.2, but all you have to do is learn to input the b.2 right when the recovery frames for the 1 are finished. Takes a minimal amount of practice. Good thing is you don't have to dash after the 1 because the animation for the b.2 causes CSZ to lunge forward just a bit.

Nameer

Noob
I find the u.4,slide ender to be very difficult, especially online, so I've been using 2,1,b.2,2,slide as my bnb.
dude it's not really hard all you need just do buffering for the dash and u+4,slide will hit easily

The whole combo is 2,1,Ice Ball,jump-in punch,2,1,1+2,dash2,1,b.2,2,slide. Good for 37%, which is 3% less than the same combo with the u.4,slide ender.
it's less by 6% not 3% (43% total damage)

-M-

Noob
Sektor/Cyrax part is a comparison of the only places I consider to be worthwhile to use meter in the middle of a combo (other than x-ray of course) since it adds more than 1-2% that ex slide finishers do.

Midscreen 3,3,2 vs Midscreen 3,3,ex freeze ... 21% against 40% difference of 19%
Midscreen b+3,2 vs Midscreen b+3, ex freeze ... 26% against 37% difference of 11%
Corner 3,3,2 vs Corner 3,3,ex freeze ... 26% against 45% difference of 19%
Corner b+3,2, vs Corner b+3, ex freeze ... 34% against 42% difference of 8%

Obviously the 3,3, string benefits a lot more from it, but I think it's still worth the meter for the b+3 starter, haven't found anything else really that gets so much benefit from 1 bar of meter, though haven't had time to look all too thoroughly.

The rest of the vid is just other messing around with stuff.

Edit: Forgot link, derp.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I'm surprised that nobody has talked about combos involving 3 3 or 3 4.

Meterless is there anything better than 3 3 2 xx Slide and 3 4 > Dash > B+2 2 xx Slide

With meter the best I've found is 3 3 xx EN Ice Beam > Jump Punch, 2 1 1+2 > Dash > Up+4 xx Slide. 3 4 doesn't seem to benefit from meter too much.

EDIT: Also, what have you guys found to be a good combo if you freeze an opponent in the air? Catching people jumping with Ice Ball/Beam and EN Ice Parry both tend to get me that situation a lot.