What's new

Guide Cyber Sub-Zero Combo & Juggle Thread

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
This thread is for combo and juggle discussion.

Staples will be posted/updated in this first post.

Legend

1 = :fp
2 = :bp
3 = :fk
4 = :bk
5 or X = :x or X-Ray

f = Forward :)r)
b = Backward :)l)
u = Up :)u)
d = Down :)d)
EX = Enhanced :)en)

f.dash = Forward Dash
b.dash = Back Dash
xx or ~ = Buffer following Special Move during preceding command. '~' is used for X-Ray buffer
() = What ever move is in the parentheses is supposed to whiff/miss
j. = Jump or While Jumping or In The Air
nj. = Neutral Jump
fj. = forward jump
bj. = back jump
fDK = Far Dive Kick
cDK = Close Dive Kick

Staples/B'n'Bs

Mid Screen

• 2,1xx Ice Ball, jump in 2, 2,1,1+2, f.dash, b+2,2xx Slide (34%)
• 2,1xx Ice Ball, jump in 2, 2,1,1+2, f.dash, f+1,4 (35%)

Mid Screen to Corner

• 2,1xx Ice Ball, jump in 2, 2,1,1+2, f.dash, 3,4, 3,4, 3,3xx Slide (44%; f.dash may or may not be required depending on distance from corner)

Corner

• 2,1xx Ice Ball, b.dash, jump in 2, 2,1,1+2, 3,4, 3,4, 3,3xx Slide (44%)
• 3,4, 3,4, 3,4, 3,3xx Slide (36%)
• 3,3,2, d+1xx Ice Ball, 3,3xx Slide (26%)
• b+3,2, 3,4, 3,4, 3,3xx Slide (32%)

X-Ray (Mid Screen)

• 2,1xx Ice Ball, jump in 2, b+3,2~5 (45%)

X-Ray (Mid Screen to Wall)

• 2,1xx Ice Ball, jump in 2, 2,1,1+2, f.dash, b+2,4~5 (52%; f.dash may or may not be required depending on distance from corner; Leaves CSZ's back to the wall)

X-Ray (Corner)

• 2,1xx Ice Ball, b.dash, jump in 2, 2,1,1+2, nj.2, fj.4~5 (56%; Leaves CSZ's back to the wall)
Other Combos

• 2,1,1+2, fj.2xx (fDK), 1,1xx EX Ice Ball, fj.4xx fDK (26%)
• 2,1xx Ice Ball, jump in 2, 2,1,1+2, f.dash, f+1,4 (35%)
• 2,1,1+2, f.dash, f+1xx EX Ice Ball, b+3,2,1 (21%; Untechable knockdown)
• Corner combo: nj.2 (twice) 3,4, 1xx EX Slide (31%)

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Standard
1. 2,1,1+2, dash, b+2,2xxSlide 26%
2. b+3,2, b+2,2xxSlide 22%
3. Ice Bomb > 3,4, Slide 26%
4. 2,1xxIce Ball, 2,1,1+2, dash, b+2,2xxSlide 31%
5. 2,1xxIce Ball, b+3,2, b+2,2xxSlide 28%

Wall
1. 3,4, 3,4, 3,3,2xxSlide 34%
2. 3,3,2, d+1xxIce Ball, 3,3xxSlide 26%
3. b+3,2, 3,4, 3,3,2xxSlide 30%
4. 2,1,1+2, 3,4, 3,3,2xxSlide 34%
5. 2,1xxIce Ball, 2,1,1+2, 3,4, 3,3,2xxSlide 38%
6. 2,1xxIce Ball, b+3,2, 3,4, 3,3,2xxSlide 35%
7. 2,1xxIce Ball, 3,4, 3,4, 3,3,2xxSlide 38%
8. Ice Bomb > 3,4, 3,3,2xxSlide 33%
9. 3,4, 3,4, 3,4, 3,3 xx Slide 36%
10. b+3,2, 3,4, 3,4, 3,3 xx Slide 33%
11. 2,1,1+2, 3,4, 3,4, 3,3 xx Slide 37%

X-Ray Midscreen

1. b+3,2xxX-Ray 39%
2. 2,1xxIce Ball, b+3,2, X-Ray 43%

X-Ray Wall

1. 2,1,1+2, b+3,2xxX-Ray 41%
2. 2,1xxIce Ball, 2,1,1+2, b+3,2xxX-Ray 44%
3. 2,1 xx Ice Ball, 2,1,1+2, neutral jump 1 or 2, neutral jump X-Ray 49%
4. 2,1 xx Ice Ball, 2,1,1+2, neutral jump 1 or 2, b+3,2 xx X-Ray 50%
5. 2,1 xx Ice Ball, 2,1,1+2, neutral jump 1 or 2, neutral jump 3 or 4 xx X-Ray 52%

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
i really want to try to connect his 3,3,2~slide in juggles but with the bomb problem its impossible

a good follow up after his freeze is Jump In P xx 2,1,1+2 xx f+1,4

does 35% after his 2,1 xx freeze

u had any luck doing any bomb traps like cyrax?

i really want to try to connect his 3,3,2~slide in juggles but with the bomb problem its impossible

it's not possible in any combo that utilizes freeze ball due to not being able to throw a bomb after freezing or vice versa :( REALLY limits him sadly.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
I have the strategy guide, and I've been screwing around with Cyber Sub a bit, and there's a useful looking combo in there, but as far as I can tell it's impossible. I don't know if it's a case of move properties changing after the guide was written, or just something I'm doing wrong.

Combo is

1,2, 1+2, jump punch, Far Divekick (Down+4),1,1, IceBeam (Down, Forward 1+Block), jump kick, Far Divekick.

So if you have Cyber Sub, see if you can do this? Being able to combo after his divekick would be amazing, but as far as I can tell you're pushed way too far to land the 1,1 even in the corner.

I have the strategy guide, and I've been screwing around with Cyber Sub a bit, and there's a useful looking combo in there, but as far as I can tell it's impossible. I don't know if it's a case of move properties changing after the guide was written, or just something I'm doing wrong.

Combo is

1,2, 1+2, jump punch, Far Divekick (Down+4),1,1, IceBeam (Down, Forward 1+Block), jump kick, Far Divekick.

So if you have Cyber Sub, see if you can do this? Being able to combo after his divekick would be amazing, but as far as I can tell you're pushed way too far to land the 1,1 even in the corner.
i have been trying it as well and no dice. Hmmm maybe ex dive kick?

Edit: no ex dive kick does not work. it is just a waste of meter as well.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator

Combo is

I posted my findings in your thread on SRK. Here it is:

SWBeta said:
This combo works. The 1st divekick is supposed to whiff (it's used to close the distance for the 1,1 to connect). 25% damage. It's too much work for that much damage and a waste of meter. An easier and better combo that uses no meter is 2,1 xx Ice Ball, 2,1,1+2, dash b+2,2 xx Slide. 31% damage, 33% if you want to use meter with EX Slide.

The bolded juggle only does 31% damage when I tested it with 2,1 xx Ice Ball starter.

I am doing some tests on his move list at the moment. If I find some bomb traps, I'll post them in the general strategy thread.

Hi, DarthTrey. Hockey sucks. /RockBogart

Hi, DarthTrey. Hockey sucks. /RockBogart
/h8.

<topic change>
it seems that our mentailtiy is going to have to change in the respect of cyber Sub to not utilize his regular freeze in order to combo into a situation where we can set up a freeze bomb on an opponents wake up. I think that that will be the situation that yields us the highest damage as we aren't really sacrificing anything, merely moving it to a later setup.

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
on f+1,4 make sure the kick connects all hits, it'll send the opponent flying far away, when it doesnt connect all the way, the opponent will simply splat and slide on the floor.

yes im all for ice ball shenanigans, but is it me or the ice bombs dont always freeze?

edit: i just tested...sad news =(

seems like after you hit the opponent the is a time frame which the bombs do not freeze =(

i tested it by doing a standing 1 and dropping close bomb...boom no freeze.Drop close bomb first followed by strings, he will freeze. Will need more testing

i feel like cyber subzero was a rushed character gameplay-wise....he has so many faults no wonder he's bottom of tier list

on f+1,4 make sure the kick connects all hits, it'll send the opponent flying far away, when it doesnt connect all the way, the opponent will simply splat and slide on the floor.

yes im all for ice ball shenanigans, but is it me or the ice bombs dont always freeze?

edit: i just tested...sad news =(

seems like after you hit the opponent the is a time frame which the bombs do not freeze =(

i tested it by doing a standing 1 and dropping close bomb...boom no freeze.Drop close bomb first followed by strings, he will freeze. Will need more testing

i feel like cyber subzero was a rushed character gameplay-wise....he has so many faults no wonder he's bottom of tier list
I understand what you are saying. I wanna use him because his game play is so cool but i have a better time using ermac who i seem to resonate with. He is the first character that needs a patch> It is like he sucks because he wasn't play tested enough and not because he was designed with bad options in mind( i dont think that made a lot of sense).

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
/h8.

<topic change>
it seems that our mentailtiy is going to have to change in the respect of cyber Sub to not utilize his regular freeze in order to combo into a situation where we can set up a freeze bomb on an opponents wake up. I think that that will be the situation that yields us the highest damage as we aren't really sacrificing anything, merely moving it to a later setup.
That doesn't look like it's possible. The cooldown time on the bombs freezing after an attack is 3 seconds. That is too long a time to even use bombs as an okizeme tool after knocking an opponent down. The opponent can fully stand up and attack/block/jump/move before the cooldown time is up. The only time this becomes a viable option is if they stay down on the ground and delay their wakeup.

I wouldn't mind the cooldown time if the bomb launched like Cyrax's when cooldown is in effect. With what we have now, we can only get a slide after a non-freeze bomb. Weak.

JagoMIH

Noob
heres some cool bomb combos :p

stand almost full screen away

:l:l:fk, :enslide, deep jumpkick, jumpkick~:endivekick - 40%

:l:l:r:fk, jump kick~slide, jumpkick, :x - 62%

carry to wall

:l:l:r:fk, jump kick~slide, deep jumpkick, jumpkick~:x - 67%

wall combos

jump in :fp, :fp:fp:fp~ice beam, jump back, jump in :fp, :bp:fp:fp+:bp, jump kick, :fp, :fp, :fp, :fp, :fp:fp:fp~:enteleport - 46%

I've been wondering if f, 2, 2, 1~d, f, 1~ jf1/2~2, 1, 1+2~jf3/4,d, 3/4
would work? got up to 39% if the f, 2, 2, 1,~d, f, 1 works as a interrupt-able

Vampz

Noob
I got no problem in training mode, but in Arcade (i only play on hard or Ex) i find it hard to get my opponent with an ice bomb attack, and on top of that, when i do, sometimes it doesn't freeze them :sick:

Anyone found any combos where the icebomb is unavoidable?

EDIT: Not to forget if you use is ice ball (freeze) your unable to use an icebomb while opponent is frozen.

DyE

Noob
I've been messing in training for a while, I have some okay combos goin'.
I ain't too good with my terms, but I'll try.

53% X-ray combo (Corner only): Jump in 2, 2-ice ball, 2-1-1+2, jump 3 > Immediate X-ray
31% Corner combo: Standing jump 2(twice) 4-3, 1, EX Slide

Milk

Snake eyes
Two combos I consistently use, because of the simplicity are, 2 1 2+1 dash f+1 xx ex ice ball, b+4 2 1. Gives an untechable knockdown (As far as I'm aware), so you can start some ice bomb shenanigans. I THINK out of the freeze you can get a neutral jump punch too, but don't quote me on that, been hitting the lab with Smoke and Reptile haven't had too much time to show CSZ some love yet.

I was thinking about it, and I was wondering if sacrificing the meter is worth the damage it gives, and I realized how little I use my meter with cyber sub (EX Freeze and EX Tele to end a corner combo.) So, it's not too bad. The only other thing I'd use it for is Breaker, and X Ray every once in a great while

Also, in response to earlier, I saw someone do some awesome dive kick combos too on Youtube, and I tried some, no matter what I did, they knocked me away on hit. Maybe you have to do a kick into dive kick or something?

Also, b+1 and dive kick on hit gives you a free freeze on an ice bomb. Haven't tried too much with block stun stuff yet.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
heres some cool bomb combos :p

stand almost full screen away

:l:l:fk, :enslide, deep jumpkick, jumpkick~:endivekick - 40%

:l:l:r:fk, jump kick~slide, jumpkick, :x - 62%

carry to wall

:l:l:r:fk, jump kick~slide, deep jumpkick, jumpkick~:x - 67%

wall combos

jump in :fp, :fp:fp:fp~ice beam, jump back, jump in :fp, :bp:fp:fp+:bp, jump kick, :fp, :fp, :fp, :fp, :fp:fp:fp~:enteleport - 46%
I have never been able to get the first 3 combos to work. Can you explain how you can fit the jump kicks after the 1st jump kick in there?

I also can't get the last combo to connect. How do you hit the jump kick after 2,1,1+2?

I've been wondering if f, 2, 2, 1~d, f, 1~ jf1/2~2, 1, 1+2~jf3/4,d, 3/4
would work? got up to 39% if the f, 2, 2, 1,~d, f, 1 works as a interrupt-able
The Ice Ball won't combo after f+2,2,1. Only EX Ice Ball will combo. If you use EX Ice Ball, the combo will work except for the fDK at the end. 21% damage.

EDIT: Also, guys, if you have combos that are stronger and/or more practical than the ones in the 1st post that can be used for bnbs, let me know so I can put them up.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
This combo is better with instead of the b+2,2xxSlide(31%). Do f+1,3(33%).
Easier to do and does more damage
I updated the first post with the combo that uses the ender you posted (f+1,4). When used in the combo with the jump in punch, the damage is 35%, 1% less than the b+2,2xx Slide ender. I prefer the b+2,2xx Slide ender because it leaves you in a safe yet favorable position to continue the offensive. f+1,4 knocks them too far back and resets/levels the momentum. Some people prefer damage over position, though, so I put both up.

Milk

Snake eyes
I need to try some of these new combos out later. The only problem I had with Cyber Sub was his damage out put on some of the bnb's I used. Glad to know he's got some juice still!

JagoMIH

Noob
I have never been able to get the first 3 combos to work. Can you explain how you can fit the jump kicks after the 1st jump kick in there?
you gotta do the first jump kick deep (as you are descending) while they are still in the air frozen. aim the jump kick at their shins/feet, right before you land, and you should be able to jump kick them again real quick. the 40% is easier to do if you have em by the wall when you freeze em, but is possible midscreen, just tough. the 67% must be done at wall.

I also can't get the last combo to connect. How do you hit the jump kick after 2,1,1+2?
jump back while kicking after the 2,1,1+2 instead of forward

i've got a vid of the 67% above, i'll try to vids of the rest soon.

more combos:

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
This thread is for combo and juggle discussion.

Staples will be posted/updated in this first post.

Legend

Staples/B'n'Bs

Other Combos
Didn't read through the rest yet but I noticed on the one combo you had
2,1xx Ice Ball, jump in 2, b+3,2~5 (45%)
you an actually do jump in 2, b+1, ice ball, jump in 2, b+3,2 x-ray as well 9 hits (47%)
just got the idea from seeing that one :)

DrDogg

Noob
What's the damage on this without the jump punch? It's really hard to get the f+3,4 due to the stupid buffering system in the game. Getting the double dash without getting a ff+3 (bomb) is difficult. I want to see if it's worth the extra effort.

I'm also having issues with your jump kick, slide, jump kick combo.

Has anyone tested Cyber for safe attacks? I just started messing with him today. He has okay damage and some decent strings, but it depends on how safe they are as to how useful they'll be.

(that's NRS for a terrible practice mode so I can't test anything by myself)