What's new

Crispy cancels...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Everyone needs to test this and realize it the way you and I have. This was my reaction exactly.

On the phone with @Pig Of The Hut and he will tell you.
I also found out HQT stuffs every wake up in the entire game w specific character Enders . Even ex slide from reptile, ex spin from Lao, etc etc

@SaltShaker
he has specific Enders for every character to destroy all wake ups and armor wake ups . It's w disc into strings after ending in specific combos . Like put reptile in corner wake up ex slide . 32 ex bf4 4 up laser 32 bf2 . Then do Low laser disc hits and u can combo off disc. Orr against Tanya ex rekka or ex cammy drill do this combo setup 32 ex bf4 4 up laser 32 bf2 instantly then do b22 laser xx. This is broke lol, because I can hit confirm if I stuff ur ex wake up or if I see u blocked disc and b22 I can cancel and throw, block, or more pressure

#CrispyCancels
Shit is so stupid lol. I get the whole "+frames cancels" them of the game, but at least make them require SOME sort of something. Literally "dash for free pressure to compensate my elite zoning" is the dumbest shit I've seen lol. Makes me feel like a fool using D'Vorah when I can simply just dash. Lolololol! If the game is going to feature run cancels as one of the main avenues of pressure then fine, but no way should an elite zoning character just mindlessly dash his way for free pressure and +frames whenever close. Isn't this what TYM always says shouldn't be the case for other Zoners? I'm in shock that all this time the HQT dude I play at my local that swears he's the shit simply just dashes when I get in but I'm sitting here doing tight frame links just to compete on the same level. -.-

I've been blown up by some of that armor break tech so I have to block and guess half of the times in the corner against good Pred's.

I find it most absurd because there's always an argument to not make characters "too strong" or "too braindead", but then shit like this either goes unnoticed or no one cares when it's ALREADY IN the game. You gonna tell me I can't have Kano "too strong" up close but shit like this is ok? Kenshi? Jacqui? They have to be "fair"? Doesn't even make sense lol.

Predator mains, at least the ones I've talked to knew about the wake up stuffing thing.

So it seems to me that this is basically a stealth Nerf Predator thread.
I don't mind top tiers at all. Like I have 0 problem with Quan's existence, Lao's, etc, but o hate, no despise super braindead stuff. People complained about "braindead" top tiers in MK9, Inj, and MKX, but none of them were as stupid as the literal sense of "second best zoning in the game but just dash for free pressure and mixups up close". Like is that even fighting? Do you even learn anything up close if you can just dash on block and have the advantage of options at your disposal?

I tried HQT for about a week and a half but I felt he was too boring/easy and moved on, and come to find out it was worse than I thought. People can talk shit about MK9 Kabal and Kenshi, Inj MMH and Batgirl, MKX QC and Lao, but none of them were as ridiculous as blast away from afar dash for advantage when close lol.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Right, it's very strong tech. An important thing to note though, is that the first hit of the B2 string is a high. It doesn't look like it, but it is.

I imagine you could duck and punish it on a read. Only on a read, though.
That was an example

I have setup w mids and b3 and low gun starters

Let's cut the bullshit TYM.

There is so much miss information going around it makes me sick. The ideas of run cancels is specifically what I'm talking about. Can you name all the characters with them?

If you listed predator on your list you are dead wrong. Can we talk about predator cancels? I must admit I didn't know this until last night but when I figured it out I almost fell over. I was under the impression that HQT had the same run cancels as everyone else. I thought Burger King had godlike execution but then I tried it myself.

There is no run cancel. He can just dash out of it and be + frames. When a character like Kang dashes out he actually dashes and loses frames. The simplicity of this baffles me. Try it for yourself. Practice Liu Kang f44 fbrc f44 and then go practice predator 32 dash cancel 122. Easy mode.

HQT has pre patch Tanya teleport cancel pressure but easier and with more plus frames.

Next up is Jax. His cancels although they are true run cancels, they are soooooo easy. I think it's the DB motion but it doesn't take a hit box to do these 100% of the time. I figured it out in 5 minutes and haven't messed up yet everyday I practice Kang f44 fbrc f44 and am inconsistent.

A list cage has true run cancels that are difficult however off his "dizzy knee" f3, he can just easily rc out while holding 4 to hit confirm or be + frames. I hope this one was known already but FYI just the same. Respect to those that can do them consistently although I have seen dizzy mess them up time to time.

Anyways...my point is this, don't assume one thing equals another. Fbrc for Kang are not fbrc for predator. Some high execution characters like cage and devorah have them but most have something very different with totally different inputs.

End rant. #buffkang&tanya&nightwing

MKX cancels tier list

hardest to easiest

(Harder than they should be)
Devorah brood mother
Kang Dragon fire
Tremor
Cage a list

(Right where they should be)
Jacqui high tech
Raiden thunder God
Tanya kobu jutsu (only cause it got nerfed)

(Way too easy)
Devorah swarm queen
Scorp hell fire
Predator hqt
Ferra/torr ruthless
Erron Black marksman
Jax heavy weapons

Tell me if I missed something
1. you missed Takeda
2. Seen as one of your points was about misinformation, ill just point out that you said "He can just dash out of it and be + frames". This is wrong 'cause there is no run or dash cancel like takeda and tanya's.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Shit is so stupid lol. I get the whole "+frames cancels" them of the game, but at least make them require SOME sort of something. Literally "dash for free pressure to compensate my elite zoning" is the dumbest shit I've seen lol. Makes me feel like a fool using D'Vorah when I can simply just dash. Lolololol! If the game is going to feature run cancels as one of the main avenues of pressure then fine, but no way should an elite zoning character just mindlessly dash his way for free pressure and +frames whenever close. Isn't this what TYM always says shouldn't be the case for other Zoners? I'm in shock that all this time the HQT dude I play at my local that swears he's the shit simply just dashes when I get in but I'm sitting here doing tight frame links just to compete on the same level. -.-

I've been blown up by some of that armor break tech so I have to block and guess half of the times in the corner against good Pred's.

I find it most absurd because there's always an argument to not make characters "too strong" or "too braindead", but then shit like this either goes unnoticed or no one cares when it's ALREADY IN the game. You gonna tell me I can't have Kano "too strong" up close but shit like this is ok? Kenshi? Jacqui? They have to be "fair"? Doesn't even make sense lol.

I don't mind top tiers at all. Like I have 0 problem with Quan's existence, Lao's, etc, but o hate, no despise super braindead stuff. People complained about "braindead" top tiers in MK9, Inj, and MKX, but none of them were as stupid as the literal sense of "second best zoning in the game but just dash for free pressure and mixups up close". Like is that even fighting? Do you even learn anything up close if you can just dash on block and have the advantage of options at your disposal?

I tried HQT for about a week and a half but I felt he was too boring/easy and moved on, and come to find out it was worse than I thought. People can talk shit about MK9 Kabal and Kenshi, Inj MMH and Batgirl, MKX QC and Lao, but none of them were as ridiculous as blast away from afar dash for advantage when close lol.
Plays kill involved shodltn be relevant to balance. Some char tears Hardee's to play than other. I don't believe that it matters toward so the tie ring of the IMO

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Plays kill involved shodltn be relevant to balance. Some char tears Hardee's to play than other. I don't believe that it matters toward so the tie ring of the IMO
True, but there's nothing worse to me than a super strong character that's super easy to use. Like it borderline disgust me. Not saying the have to be KOF level difficult, or that every top tier has to be A-List level of execution, but these are the types of games and characters I'm used to. Heihachi and Bryan Fury in Tekken, things like that. I'm used to more challenging characters in general because I need to work my brain in matches. So when I see "oh just dash for +frame pressure on an elite zoner" it just screams retardation to me. That's shitty game/character design.

When characters are already so strong, and can so simply and easily implement their offense and defense, it takes away from some of the experience for me. It's very difficult for me to use SQ D'Vorah and lose a close game to HQT and say "damn great way to outplay me" without saying "easy as shit top tier", and now it's gonna feel even worse. Any time I see that dash now I might throw up.

HQT is the biggest mistake NRS has ever made. Anyone can play at the highest levels with that broken character that excels at everything and has no flaws. Meanwhile Goro and Jason remain complete jokes.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
do 121~rc 121~rc 1212df2 on block and make it jail. seems easy enough, right?

im also apparently the only one other than ppj who can do her optimal bnb lol
I'll defer to you cause you main her. I think hers are just right but I'm never always right.
1. you missed Takeda
2. Seen as one of your points was about misinformation, ill just point out that you said "He can just dash out of it and be + frames". This is wrong 'cause there is no run or dash cancel like takeda and tanya's.
What?
No idea. I've seen Tyrant, he wasn't prepared, from what I understand he's too busy with important stuff to have ample time for training.
He lives at yomi.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Alot of Predator up-playing going on in this thread lol. As easy as his cancels are that doesn't make him some super top tier character, that just means his cancels are easy. Even with his cancels and zoning, nobody is really doing shit with him in tournament.

I swear, TYM logic is some of the craziest I've ever seen.

Predator isn't even top 5 in this game. It's possible that he might not even be in the top 10

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
True, but there's nothing worse to me than a super strong character that's super easy to use. Like it borderline disgust me. Not saying the have to be KOF level difficult, or that every top tier has to be A-List level of execution, but these are the types of games and characters I'm used to. Heihachi and Bryan Fury in Tekken, things like that. I'm used to more challenging characters in general because I need to work my brain in matches. So when I see "oh just dash for +frame pressure on an elite zoner" it just screams retardation to me. That's shitty game/character design.

When characters are already so strong, and can so simply and easily implement their offense and defense, it takes away from some of the experience for me. It's very difficult for me to use SQ D'Vorah and lose a close game to HQT and say "damn great way to outplay me" without saying "easy as shit top tier", and now it's gonna feel even worse. Any time I see that dash now I might throw up.
dude, IMO, this is pretty dumb.

you're just underestimating your opponent and giving less weight to other aspects of the game.

it sounds like for you, if he plays pred and beat you, he's trash cause of low execution character. There's no problem on having an execution fetish, but dont blame others for your losses, or call them cheap cause they're playing a char with lower execution.

what would you prefer? a guitar player who hit 2000 notes a second, or a guitar player who hit 3/4 notes at the right time?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Alot of Predator up-playing going on in this thread lol. As easy as his cancels are that doesn't make him some super top tier character, that just means his cancels are easy. Even with his cancels and zoning, nobody is really doing shit with him in tournament.

I swear, TYM logic is some of the craziest I've ever seen
Super top tier =|= Super easy top tier. I.e.

Highly played =|= Tier. i.e. Batgirl.

So it's safe to say he is a high tier, incredibly easy, underplayed character.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

I swear, TYM logic is some of the craziest I've ever seen
The point is not to up play the character but rather to draw the comparison to higher execution needed for the same situation with other characters. That's my purpose anyway.

People who play easy characters are screeming for Liu Kang nerfs when the mains are practicing the shit out of cancels that will be removed. Also people think it's all the same when comparing all characters with run cancels. That's the only reason I made this thread.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I've seen @SylverRye do it countless times on his stream. Not to mention @EMPR_MURK (I think) was doing it last night on Kombat Network stream. @Mikemetroid can you verify the latter for me
I can do it too. Clap clap clap. They are doable that's not the point. The point is they are way harder to do than 95% of other cancels in this game that people think are all the same.
That doesn't change the fact that he's busy irl.
I saw his streaming matches with slayer djt and mit at 11am the other day. Dude has plenty of time to train

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
HQT is the biggest mistake NRS has ever made. Anyone can play at the highest levels with that broken character that excels at everything and has no flaws. Meanwhile Goro and Jason remain complete jokes.
How easily we forget NRS buffing MMH's teleport

Also Goro isn't that bad

I swear, TYM logic is some of the craziest I've ever seen.

Predator isn't even top 5 in this game. It's possible that he might not even be in the top 10
what 10 characters could be better than predator in your thinking?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
dude, IMO, this is pretty dumb.

you're just underestimating your opponent and giving less weight to other aspects of the game.

it sounds like for you, if he plays pred and beat you, he's trash cause of low execution character. There's no problem on having an execution fetish, but dont blame others for your losses, or call them cheap cause they're playing a char with lower execution.
You're stretching my words more than Dhalsim

what would you prefer? a guitar player who hit 2000 notes a second, or a guitar player who hit 3/4 notes at the right time?
If they are using the same guitar it is clear who is better, but if one is using a guitar that plays half of the notes for them there is an undeniably clear difference in the ease of the instrument. I don't expect everyone to have my level of execution because maybe the don't have my game/character background in past games, but I "hope" that characters are a little more challenging to use than some are.

I've beaten really good HQT's offline and lost to HQT's, and been destroyed by HQT's. It is what it is. I don't call them scrubs, tell them to change characters, or to level up. I get it. But no, I'm always going to feel a type of way about super strong really easy characters because it goes against how I feel characters should be designed. In a game that has 80+ variations, making a borderline Top 5 variation a borderline Top 5 to use variation is the definition of bad design to me.