What's new

CrimsonShadow Introduces MKi - New MK9 Player Rankings

ecilA

Noob
Winning a tournament isn't easy, but it really depends on who's there. If no top players are there, than that tournament win isn't as good. So instead of having a subjective list where you give certain tournaments a certain number of points based on X or Y reasons, you leave out subjective opinions and rely on math. Which is how it should be. A player ranking shouldn't be based on biased minds or opinions, it should be based on math and facts. This ranking system is great. People complaining that PL winning 2 EVO's should have more points. But the ranking system makes it so that he's not auto top just because he won 2 tournaments, among others obviously, even if they were EVO.
and I agree 100%. one of the only things wrong is that it is incomplete. i talked about a player like big d in an earlier post where his wins vs cdjr and maxter as well as two top placings at majors with top competition are not counted because all of the vs data cannot be verified. if you are to rank an entire tournament year you need to be accurate if you are going to seed based on your findings. if the years results are incomplete then it is not accurate. if you cannot complete the entire year then you should start the ranking with the start of the next calendar year. you also need to make sure that evo staff is on board with this because you are trying to get TO's to seed using these seedings in road to evo events and that wont work to have a completely different set of seeding come evo. if you dont use this system at evo then you cant use it at any events on the way to evo. if evo and mlg do not use this seeding the what tournaments are left? not many so one would have to ask that even though its a great idea if its actually worth it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
and I agree 100%. one of the only things wrong is that it is incomplete. i talked about a player like big d in an earlier post where his wins vs cdjr and maxter as well as two top placings at majors with top competition are not counted because all of the vs data cannot be verified. if you are to rank an entire tournament year you need to be accurate if you are going to seed based on your findings. if the years results are incomplete then it is not accurate. if you cannot complete the entire year then you should start the ranking with the start of the next calendar year. you also need to make sure that evo staff is on board with this because you are trying to get TO's to seed using these seedings in road to evo events and that wont work to have a completely different set of seeding come evo. if you dont use this system at evo then you cant use it at any events on the way to evo. if evo and mlg do not use this seeding the what tournaments are left? not many so one would have to ask that even though its a great idea if its actually worth it.
Many game/league tourney seasons, including the EVO season, don't really align with the calendar year. Also, this game was released in April -- and Injustice will be as well. You don't really gain anything by trying to force ratings into a calendar year. Also note that it doesn't say "Best of 2012" on the site :).

This is an ongoing system, and it will continue to be updated with more recent info as more tournaments are played.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
^lol

Random thought: I hadn't met you then, but since you were the first person I saw at FF my very first thought was "Damn, this guy found a sleeved shirt for his arms?"
I bought a Superman hoodie like 2 days before the weekend of Frosty Faustings, than I wore the hoody and Frosty Faustings and ripped a sleeve in it lol. It was like 25$ :(

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I bought a Superman hoodie like 2 days before the weekend of Frosty Faustings, than I wore the hoody and Frosty Faustings and ripped a sleeve in it lol. It was like 25$ :(
Sleeves are still a 9-1 mu to your arms it seems. lol Sucks about the hoodie though....

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
This is looking good! I remember after NEC, there was a lot of discussion about this, and I've been looking forward to seeing it become a reality since then. Thanks to everyone who worked on this, and congratulations on getting the site up.

There are a couple of errors regarding me, however. Firstly, I am both "blueNINE" and "RPD Alex Smith", so if there's some way to merge those results (and use the RPD Alex Smith name), that would be ideal. Secondly, I didn't lose to anyone at NEC XIII, but rather, I was disqualified before playing any matches. If you could make those adjustments, I'd really appreciate it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
This is looking good! I remember after NEC, there was a lot of discussion about this, and I've been looking forward to seeing it become a reality since then. Thanks to everyone who worked on this, and congratulations on getting the site up.

There are a couple of errors regarding me, however. Firstly, I am both "blueNINE" and "RPD Alex Smith", so if there's some way to merge those results (and use the RPD Alex Smith name), that would be ideal. Secondly, I didn't lose to anyone at NEC XIII, but rather, I was disqualified before playing any matches. If you could make those adjustments, I'd really appreciate it.
Hey blueNINE, thanks -- I'll merge the names. I'm making a list of fixes, and I'll go through them and then update the rankings accordingly.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
Alice, ecila, whomever you are... you are lame...

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
To Tom brady with diff account and all this whinning bitches please read the entire thread....this new system desnt rate your skills only your accomplishments. so beating a DJ Toro... hmm i mean a scrub vs beating Pl= the same. its a fair system i liked it a lot.

This is really cool.

Talking shit about it is silly. It's not even subjective. There's no debate to be had. If you win matches at a big event or lose matches, they are counted. The data is empirical. Not complete, because going to more majors doesn't automatically mean you are better than someone who went to less, but that's not even what this is saying. It's been made perfectly clear that this has nothing to do with skill, but with tournament performance (records) and nothing more. This is a really cool ranking system.

Getting mad at this system would be like getting mad at professional sports conference standings when one team is 11 - 2 and another one is 2 - 1. There's no debate to be had about the skill levels. One temam has more wins and that's all there is to it.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I applaud these rankings... The time and effort put in are appreciated by those following/involved the sport of MK :)

I even notice some of the errors are being fixed as they are spotted... So dont shit on this effort guys, if you spot an error be positive and let whoever is running the site know about it... This is done for the community and it adds hype... Sports are virtually meaningless without stats/rankings...

no offense to any players here but 2 players like cd jr and perfect legend cant be ranked below maxter or have the same points as pig of the hut. maxter and pig of the hut are obviously top 8 quality of players but cd jr and pl are players wo have won whole tourneys while maxter and pig didnt win a lot but did place top 3 consistently. winning the whole thing should be worth a lot more points.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
no offense to any players here but 2 players like cd jr and perfect legend cant be ranked below maxter or have the same points as pig of the hut. maxter and pig of the hut are obviously top 8 quality of players but cd jr and pl are players wo have won whole tourneys while maxter and pig didnt win a lot but did place top 3 consistently. winning the whole thing should be worth a lot more points.
#1 Look at PL's recent record since EVO, and look at Maxter's.. I don't want to take anything away from PL, but Maxter has been doing better and his record reflects that.

Twice since EVO they've been at the same tournament, and both times Maxter did better than PL did. He also did better than Jr. at last two tourneys they both attended.

#2 Remember this is about who is likely to win against players of a certain level based on their tournament history. Maxter beat PL twice. He also beat Jr. at his most recent tournament.

This is exactly why people need to take their personal opionions out of ranking systems :)

#1 Look at PL's recent record since EVO, and look at Maxter's.. I don't want to take anything away from PL, but Maxter has been doing better and his record reflects that.

Twice since EVO they've been at the same tournament, and both times Maxter did better than PL did. He also did better than Jr. at last two tourneys they both attended.

#2 Remember this is about who is likely to win against players of a certain level based on their tournament history. Maxter beat PL twice. He also beat Jr. at his most recent tournament.

This is exactly why people need to take their personal opionions out of ranking systems :)

this doesnt have anything to do wtih personal opinions, im stating facts. you cant just say after evo or whatever because if you do rankings like that, detroit ballin would be the worst player on earth while everyone obviously knows detroit is top 5 player up there with pl, cdjr, reo, pig and those players. fact is maxter didnt closely win as much as his brother did, just saying pl and cdjr should be 2nd and 3rd would be more accurate.