What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm assuming you got the deep nasal swab? Was it just painful for the 10-15 seconds and then it goes away, or can you still feel some pain afterwards?
The most pain, yeah, within the 10-15 seconds it’s being done. After that, the pain was much much less but still painful for only like a minute afterwards.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The most pain, yeah, within the 10-15 seconds it’s being done. After that, the pain was much much less but still painful for only like a minute afterwards.
Good to know... I can stand 10-15 seconds of pain but any prolonged pain would be hella annoying.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
In case you didn't yet realize it's the end times, podcast mics are sold out on Amazon...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Well, as any idiot could have predicted, the stimulus meant for small businesses was immediately emptied by large companies like Ruth's Chris and Steak Shack. Now, my small business doesn't even receive the paltry $1,000 it's supposed to because the fund is dried up.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smallbusiness/comments/g36a86
I haven’t received my stimulus check either. Which is very strange. Because I work with my brother and we filed our taxes, the last 2 years in a row, at the same time. And I’ve had everything set up as far as direct deposit is concerned for 5 years now. Yet, he got his the other day, and I did not. With all this work I’m missing due to being sick (which my job is not paying for), I actually could use that stimulus right about now. My job are stingy fucks tbh. No hazard pay for working during a pandemic, no bonus of any kind, no paid leave when they refuse to allow me to come to work, etc. I mean I wouldn’t be coming to work anyway, but that’s not the point. I am technically being punished for telling them I had symptoms. This sets a very dangerous precedent. Meaning, if they don’t pay me to stay at home, others who have symptoms may keep it to themselves and get tested quietly. Which means they could be infecting people every day. And yes, a lot of my coworkers would absolutely do that if they couldn’t afford to lose even a days worth of a paycheck, let alone a week or longer.

This entire situation is fucked on every single level. From the small day to day stuff, to the huge national long term stuff. smfh

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I haven’t received my stimulus check either. Which is very strange. Because I work with my brother and we filed our taxes, the last 2 years in a row, at the same time. And I’ve had everything set up as far as direct deposit is concerned for 5 years now. Yet, he got his the other day, and I did not. With all this work I’m missing due to being sick (which my job is not paying for), I actually could use that stimulus right about now. My job are stingy fucks tbh. No hazard pay for working during a pandemic, no bonus of any kind, no paid leave when they refuse to allow me to come to work, etc. I mean I wouldn’t be coming to work anyway, but that’s not the point. I am technically being punished for telling them I had symptoms. This sets a very dangerous precedent. Meaning, if they don’t pay me to stay at home, others who have symptoms may keep it to themselves and get tested quietly. Which means they could be infecting people every day. And yes, a lot of my coworkers would absolutely do that if they couldn’t afford to lose even a days worth of a paycheck, let alone a week or longer.

This entire situation is fucked on every single level. From the small day to day stuff, to the huge national long term stuff. smfh
If it comes down to it, you should be able to skip your rent/mortgage payment. Depends on your specific situation/state I think, but look into it.

Last edited:

LeoMK29

Noob
Funny how trumps supporters and conservatives are crying over stay at home orders, but they constantly deny anyone who is not a white, straight, “Christian” male their rights and freedoms lolol These people are on another level of stupid.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
These latest Trump tweets are beyond the pale. Wtf

Calling for people to ‘liberate’ states? I’m not only confused by this... This is dangerous.
If Twitter wasn’t so afraid of the backlash, any other person in a position of power tweeting what he tweets would have been suspended already. Imagine if someone like Alex Jones for instance were saying these things. I mean I think he’s already banned from twitter anyway, but you get my point.

I imagine his account gets reported a lot. I’m almost positive they (twitter or jack himself) are just scared to do anything about it.

Anarchist_Gib

Shao Kahn main, please your send prayers!
I am really loving Bill Maher in this one.

I'm reminded of how Sam Harris was treated for the gall of suggesting certain cultural practices are worth admonishment. A distinctively liberal person with distinctively liberal moral sensibilities was trashed and slandered as every derogatory label in the book, all by his own camp for their refusal to go through the intellectual rigor to understand his ideas. Anyone who hasn't heard of him or his work, I greatly endorse his book The Moral Landscape, wherein he argues for a secular system of moral ethics founded upon a scientific understanding of well-being.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm reminded of how Sam Harris was treated for the gall of suggesting certain cultural practices are worth admonishment. A distinctively liberal person with distinctively liberal moral sensibilities was trashed and slandered as every derogatory label in the book, all by his own camp for their refusal to go through the intellectual rigor to understand his ideas. Anyone who hasn't heard of him or his work, I greatly endorse his book The Moral Landscape, wherein he argues for a secular system of moral ethics founded upon a scientific understanding of well-being.
Sam Harris is great. I’ve known about him for quite some time now. Used to listen to his podcast religiously (pun intended). I think it was called “waking up podcast” or something? Now I believe it’s called “making sense podcast”. I agree with Sam Harris on most things but not all, same with most people.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It seems my results will come in around Tuesday or so at the latest. I’m thinking that they didn’t have anyone working on Sat/Sunday or at the very least they were overloaded and super backlogged with tests. So I’m expecting 2 more business days. I’m feeling roughly the same today but a tad bit better. Every day it’s been a little bit better than the last. So with that in mind, I’m hoping this is something more along the lines of the flu, a sinus infection, or strep throat. All not good but much better than the coronavirus. All I can do for now is rest and keep my mind off of it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Just taking a moment to spread some love around.. I know everyone has been going through various things for the last few weeks, and everyone has probably had some life changes or some hurdles to jump over.

Plus the general feeling of some stuff going down, whether you see it or not.

So I wanted to say that people are really the most important thing there is.. And I love all you guys. Hoping everybody gets through this ok, and all your friends and loved ones too.

<3 TYM