What's new

Congrats to Mr. Mileena and Osu 16 Bit

DrDogg

Noob
Just wanted to give a special congrats to [MENTION=588]Mr. Kitana[/MENTION] and @Osu 16 Bit for taking 2nd and 3rd (respectively) at DEVASTATION 2011. I owe an apology to 16 Bit because he brought the pain and took out several AZ locals with his Kitana, and Mr. Mileena not only showed that online play helps (despite the horrid net code), but that he's one of the best Kitana players around.

I will eat crow and say that 16 Bit deserved his placement. He played exceptionally well and should be considered one of the top Kitana players in the world.

I still hold firm that Kitana is not top tier, and I know some of the other top Kitana's agree with me.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I also still hold the opinion that Kitana is not top tier. I'm thinking there will be Kitana whining for a small bit of time and it'll die down... always happens after a character does better than usual at a major.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I also still hold the opinion that Kitana is not top tier. I'm thinking there will be Kitana whining for a small bit of time and it'll die down... always happens after a character does better than usual at a major.
I don't understand how you think she isn't up there. No one is saying she is like... Kabal tier. But she is up there with the A list for sure.

edit: who cares. I like watching Mr. Mileena (kitana) and 16bit play. Good showing guys!!! awesome.

thanks dr dogg i appreciate it.

I always thought Kit was A+, but offline, in my opinion, she's the second best character, Kabal is the best imo.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
1) People are only bitching about Kitana now because of other char nerfs. Kitana has never been truly considered top tier and 16 bit has been very consistent w/her.

2) Dr Dogg gets huge man points for his 1st post

3) Congrats also to Mr Kitana. I still say online is a piece of shit and the majority of the community is trash. I'm glad somebody entered a tournament from the online scene and did extremely well vs top tier competition. Great job

aj1701

Noob
I still hold firm that Kitana is not top tier, and I know some of the other top Kitana's agree with me.
Maybe the gap between tiers is so small that it really doesn't matter? Just a thought. :)

Anyway, congrats to both! Glad to see Kitana players place so high, and take 2/3 of the top 3 to boot!

Is there a place I can watch the top 8? I didn't see them live. :(

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Lately I don't think she is top. Although she's good enough for sure.

We're still getting away with murder. Almost no one there made me second guess throwing out a wakeup attack or a d+1~cutter. Most people are still getting blown up by mashing d+1.

The thing is even when you have to play a real basic Kit with just zoning and footsies she's still really good.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Just wanted to give a special congrats to [MENTION=588]Mr. Kitana[/MENTION] and @Osu 16 Bit for taking 2nd and 3rd (respectively) at DEVASTATION 2011. I owe an apology to 16 Bit because he brought the pain and took out several AZ locals with his Kitana, and Mr. Mileena not only showed that online play helps (despite the horrid net code), but that he's one of the best Kitana players around.

I will eat crow and say that 16 Bit deserved his placement. He played exceptionally well and should be considered one of the top Kitana players in the world.

I have utmost respect for people with open minds & know that there is no shame in accepting that you were wrong/mistaken. Nice one bro :)

We're still getting away with murder. Almost no one there made me second guess throwing out a wakeup attack or a d+1~cutter. Most people are still getting blown up by mashing d+1.

The thing is even when you have to play a real basic Kit with just zoning and footsies she's still really good.

This

Really wish kit was designed to be effective without D 1 and fan spam. That's all you really ever see.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Congrats guys!

Why was Osu catching criticism? He placed 5th at Evo? Dont tell me someone pulled the shitty "No one knew the matchup" bs. W/e, sounds like it was total bs from the start tbCh and I never thought she was "S" tier, but she's more than viable. A, B+ w/e, who cares.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
This

Really wish kit was designed to be effective without D 1 and fan spam. That's all you really ever see.
Personally I dont really spam d1 and fans, heck i dont even really use d1~cutter, i think 21~cutter is better (tho I should use that more hehe). Imho she's just more footsies/timing based character as opposed to hi/lo mixups and restrictive zoning for example. She has things like punishing things at far distance with EX fans (aerial or ground) on reaction into full bnb, combos, unbreakable dmg, jps block strings that are great for building meter...etc.

EDIT: i also add that ppl complaining are ridiculous. She's good but she's not cheap at all, and not brokenly powerful.