What's new

Chris G goes 1 - 2 with broken character OP Kenshi

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
This is a man that has repeatedly talked shit out our game and our community. If anyone deserves to be shit on for coming into our house and getting bodied after multiple top players talk him up, it's Chris G. Stop talking about him like he's just an innocent little kid that just wanted us to give him a chance.
Oh am i talking about him being innocent? Im saying our divisive behavior is fucking embarassing thats it essentially. If i recall correctly the root of chris g's anger towards our community which resulted in dwindling interest in the game was due to the amount of shit he got in atlanta a long time ago. Imagine how your opinions of the game and community would change if you just didnt have the time to keep up on this game but you were expected to produce reo'esque results anytime you wanted to compete in it on the side at a tournament. Theres a reason he doesnt go to mlg to compete in mk. Its because mk is not his primary focus. But on top

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
This is a man that has repeatedly talked shit out our game and our community. If anyone deserves to be shit on for coming into our house and getting bodied after multiple top players talk him up, it's Chris G. Stop talking about him like he's just an innocent little kid that just wanted us to give him a chance.
Ohhh im treating him like an innocent child? Hes coming into our house?

Chris g used to have this game as more of a primary focus. If i recall correctly his dwindling interest started around the time he was harrassed in atlanta. Imagine how your opinion of this community would change if this game was a small side project to you and you had expectations on your shoulders in multiple other games that you enjoy more and take more seriously. Theres a reason he never went to mlg for this game, its not a primary focus. He enters it when it happens to be at a major along with all of the other games he plays. You guys expect reo'esque results out of a guy that is just as washed up in mk as michaelangelo. Then you treat him like you would perfect legend if he lost evo if he doesnt do well at some little major he happens to be at.

The behavior is a fucking embarassment to our community because it sends a message to other players that they need to choose sides, our community or not.

Im sorry but chris g not doing well in mk is not alarming news and doesnt deserve the attention that we've been giving it. THAT IS MY POINT.

SZSR

Noob
Oh am i talking about him being innocent? Im saying our divisive behavior is fucking embarassing thats it essentially. If i recall correctly the root of chris g's anger towards our community which resulted in dwindling interest in the game was due to the amount of shit he got in atlanta a long time ago. Imagine how your opinions of the game and community would change if you just didnt have the time to keep up on this game but you were expected to produce reo'esque results anytime you wanted to compete in it on the side at a tournament. Theres a reason he doesnt go to mlg to compete in mk. Its because mk is not his primary focus.
The Impact Clash thing was just a misunderstanding between the MK Atlanta players and Chris G.

He was being trolled by non-MK members (pranked called his personal phone and made some pretty derisive comments) while at the same time ATLMK wanted to prove that Chris couldn't just come to GA and beat us all and take our money after he practically did just that (he didn't meet Pig in pools who later beat Chris in a MM using Mileena on him, that's why I say practically).

We just ended up being lumped up with the Atlanta Hoodlums who pranked Chris G and he called us all "roaches".

From there, friendly video game rivalry turned into the shitty attitude you see.

But in all honesty no one MK player in GA wanted to see Chris G fail, we just wanted to beat him, if we couldn't provide results, then ggs.

The root you're talking about is the group of Atlanta players who were not even part of our community.

Meaning, this entire MK community animosity towards Chris G is meaningless. He beat us, we got salty, some other players took it to a personal level, and we get stiffed with the bill.

If it could all be fixed, it would be done, but here we are taking sides on whether or not he's even allowed.

He wants to be part of our community, we should treat him how we treat pretty much everyone who comes around here. I.e., he's completely allowed, we'll either beat him or we won't.

Anything more is just taking a video game personal.

TL;DR: There's no actual reason to be angry at Chris G for wanting to play our game, if he wants to be part of our community we treat him like every other player, no more, no less.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Lol he seriously money matched him? If that's the case then being salty really is his default state of mind, he aint winning that lmao

Ohh chris g...you can have 100oo dick riders but facts are facts. No one's picking this game up, throwing 2 to 5 hours into the lab to learn kenshis specials and then beat the top kitana in the game.

Wise up son save your money

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Kenshi bottom 5. He's always been.
Yes kenshi is terrible because the designated kenshi pool had to eliminate thier brothers in arms.
Same shit is going to happen tomorrow in the upper bracket of pool two when the kitana bracket eliminates eachother.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
If Chris G puts a good amount of time from now until Evo, I think he'll do very well. Give the man time. No offense, but this thread is doing nothing to help the community, it's only encouraging Chris G to leave. I really don't think an "I told you so" is necessary, hell he already took a brutal ass beating.

LOL, Chris G is still a better FG player than 8/10 people on this forum. Give him some time.
lol, he is a better fg player than anyone on this forum. chrisg only playeed kenshi for couple of days. you cant put chrisg against a player like 16bit and expect him to do well. he wouldve given any other top 16 player a lot of trouble. he could be placing top 8 with a month old kenshi and some general mk knowledge.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This is a man that has repeatedly talked shit out our game and our community.
On the flip side, he is also the same guy who knows he has a lot to learn about MK9 and still played, likely knowing how far ahead people are in comparison to him. How often has he made it in the money as of late in this game? Not very often. If he was truly playing for the easy money, he would've stopped a while ago.

Not to mention, we give him a bunch of reasons to hate us. So can we blame him for trashing us? Not in the slightest. In fact, it should be expected.

CRUM

Noob
Point of this thread is simple, everyone needs to get the fucking hint Kenshi IS NOT brain dead and not even top fighting game players can use him and succeed.

And for the people saying it was a "2 Day Kenshi" the guy had over a month and has been training with the brothers. NOT JUST ONCE.
He trained with the Dominicans once lol

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
Point of this thread is simple, everyone needs to get the fucking hint Kenshi IS NOT brain dead and not even top fighting game players can use him and succeed.

And for the people saying it was a "2 Day Kenshi" the guy had over a month and has been training with the brothers. NOT JUST ONCE.
lets not go overboard =)

wow this thread

the day more top mk players grab kenshi we will see more kensi in top 8 but he is not a character that you will just
pick and make top 8 with him in a tourney unless you are very luck and your pool is full of sub, and other characts
that kenshi really does not neeed experience against to own them.

kenshi is very very domininated character in this game but you need to know the matchups and learn to manage his meter to be a top kenshi. . . yes any one week kenshi can give people problems but they will not dominate

about christ G i never join the ''christ G is going to beat every body because he picked kenshi'' talk but lets be realistic here the day christ G was training with me and the CD bros i showed him kenshi combos and some frames traps he did not know shit about the character he was even having
problems doing kenshi's besics combos

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I believe most people who said Chris G would do well at SCR, assumed he was actually going to put time into learning the game leading up to the tournament. Instead he went to the dominicans once for a few hours lol.

The reason people think Chris G would blow us up if he put in the time is because he isn't bad at the game, considering he doesn't really train. He went 2-2 at a major and only played for a handful of hours leading up to it. Even I believe if he trained in MK like he does Marvel he would blow up people.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If Chris G puts a good amount of time from now until Evo, I think he'll do very well. Give the man time. No offense, but this thread is doing nothing to help the community, it's only encouraging Chris G to leave. I really don't think an "I told you so" is necessary, hell he already took a brutal ass beating.
The thing is, it's not just the time; players like 16 Bit and Pig are good not just because of time they invest but WHO they've been playing against. These guys have travelled all over the place, playing against the top representatives that play characters differently in their own personal styles, and grinding out all kinds of matches. That's the only way they can be prepared for 95% of what might be thrown at them.

Remember what happened to VSM when guys walked into Anaheim thinking that if they were solid against VSM, they'd beat everybody? Or what happened to PL @ Dallas. Or what happened to people that thought if they did ok against Jr. they'd be fine against Tyrant. Or Brady/Denzell. This is why guys travel to GGA now, or find ways to put in work against people in other areas.

If you don't do this, you are likely to get an unpleasant surprise at tourney time.

Training is so critical -- can't get around it.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Kenshi's not broken or overpowered, he's just easier to win with than picking up a mid or low tier character for the same amount of time. Experience with match up's and game knowledge will always beat out a top tier character that someone may be only somewhat familiar with.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
He practiced the game for a week.. The hype around chris g wasnt even created by himself. What annoys me so much about the mk community is anyone that is considered a good player at other games and decides they want to try and pick this game up is strong armed out and sort of bullied by our community. It makes us look like fucking shit.

I get that you kenshi mains take pride in your character to ridiculous extents. But chris g's one week performance with kenshi is by no means a barometer as to how difficult the character is or proof that the character isnt as strong as we all know he is. Just remember that this game is roughly around 5th place in terms of games chris would want to do well in. He obviously just loves competition and you guys should appreciate the fact that he embraces our game when so many others like him consider it a joke.
This post <3.

Chris G is one of, if not the best/most consistent Marvel player in America right now.
He's got way bigger things on his plate to eat than the Kenshi/Kitana matchup.

SLy

Noob
I really don't see whats the big deal about it really. At the end of the day he is one of the best players in one of the most popular fighting games of the world right now. He got 5-0'd and gave his props..big deal

I feel like MK players never get attention from the outside scene. So when outside players like FilipinoChamp and Chris G etc. want to play our games we don't know how to act and start bashing.. Chris G's case was different though im aware of that.. but still

CRUM

Noob
I picked Chris G to beat 16 Bit and I'll openly admit it. I figured he would've practiced a lot more than he did. I have no shame in my pick. 16 Bit is an excellent player, but that matchup is horrible for Kitana. I figured Chris G could work at MK and be able to give 16 Bit a run for his money. Congrats to GGA 16 Bit on a job well done.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
I cant stand Chris G as a player, im glad he got bodied and i hope he stays out of our community. I have watched him ruin an MK finals by giving up, ruin KoF finals by giving up, he fucking rage quit SFxT mid super animation, just paused the shit and left. he is a salty manchild that ruins the game. grand finals should not be kung lao whiffing fullscreen spins. Id rather have him out of our community completely so we can actually see some quality fights, instead of Chris Free dicking around.

BS3OOO

Noob
These fools don't get it. Under_The_Mayo wasn't bashing Chris G in any way. He's bashing the people who think Kenshi is braindead. He's bashing the people who think anyone can pick up Kenshi and body anyone. The hate Kenshi receives is different from the hate of Kabal or Cyrax. NO ONE CALLS KABAL -BRAINDEAD-. You have to have extreme execution to do well with him. If Chris G said that he would pick up Kabal and money match 16bit, no one would take it seriously because you can't simply pick up Kabal and master him within 2 weeks! But people thought Chris G, being tournament proven and all, could pick up Kenshi and have success because he's braindead.

Hopefully someone see's the difference!