What's new

Characters Who Can Combo off Corner Uppercuts

I don't know if some or all of this is known (I'm guessing the Shang stuff might be, since he recovers noticeably quickly from his uppercut). But I watch quite a bit of tournament footage, and don't really recall seeing people doing combos off of corner uppercuts by using D1 into a special. I don't actually play the game competitively much, so I don't really read a lot of character/combo threads. But I do sometimes like messing around in the practice mode just for the fun of it. So I apologise if this is "hella old bro".

There might actually be more characters that can do this...I did test them all (except Freddy who I don't have, and Kratos because who cares), but maybe I dismissed some of the cast because it seemed impossible, but actually was. I originally did think it was impossible with Kabal. Some of these are ridiculously easy. Shang, Ermac, and Kenshi in particular have no excuse for not doing this if the situation arises. And it is VERY situational to land an uppercut in the corner. But most of these have good combo potential (although Rain is the only character I actually went as far as writing out an actual combo for).

Keep in mind that I only tested to see if characters could land a D1 (or even D3) into special off a corner uppercut...it's very possible there are other ways to combo off corner uppercuts...

Also keep in mind that there may be other moves that link from D1...I simply tested/confirmed the obvious ones which juggle/lead to combos.

These were all tested against a STANDING Sub-Zero (the official MK9 guinea pig) in the corner. These do NOT require you to anti-air your opponent!

Rain
Uppercut - D1 - Lightning

This is actually the character that inspired me to do this...after reading a post from Brownie showing that Rain can do
"(Corner) Geyser - D1 - Geyser" for 20%
I found that he can also do
"(Corner) Geyser - D1 - Lightning - 43 - Bubble - 43 - Aqua Splash (28%, plus opponent reset to standing while still in corner)"
I then discovered he can do that exact same combo for the same amount of damage by starting with an uppercut rather than the Geyser:
"(Corner) Uppercut - D1 - Lightning - 43 - Bubble - 43 - Aqua Splash (28%, plus opponent reset to standing while still in corner)"

Original post here:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/using-geyserkick-to-start-combos.15360/#post-328265

Sub-Zero
Uppercut - D1 - Ice Clone (Opponent WILL freeze, but the timing here is VERY strict...otherwise the clone just disappears.)

Ermac
Uppercut - D1 - Force Lift (VERY EASY...MAC!)

Kitana
Uppercut - D1 - Cutting Fan (Upraise MIGHT be possible as well...but I think it takes too long to start up.)

Cyrax
Uppercut - D1 - Net

Smoke
Uppercut - D1 - Smoke Bomb

Shang Tsung
Uppercut - D1 - D1 - D1 (You can literally land 3 D1's in a row...needless to say he has a lot of room for combos here. You can do Uppercut - D1 - Soul Steal with ease. You could probably throw Upskulls in as well.)

Kabal
Uppercut - D1 - Dash (EXTREMELY DIFFICULT...was only able to land this once in about 50 attempts.)

Kenshi
Uppercut - D1 - Rising Karma (I could do this one with my buttcheeks.)

Sheeva
Uppercut - D1 - Anti-Air Grab (Maybe other moves as well...but lol Sheeva.)

*HONORABLE MENTION*

Cyber Sub-Zero
Uppercut - D3 (Don't think this links to anything, and don't think D1 is possible.)

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Couple things:

1. You should probably post this in the General discussion forum as this has nothing to do with Noob Saibot xP
2. CSZ can link d3 into slide, no?
3. Good thread, you can also use d3 lift for Ermac, i find it easier and it has a different hitbox than d1 so works for different situations.

Does the opp need to be standing on the ground when you uppercut them?
All of these were performed/tested against a standing opponent...although I'm sure they work as anti-airs as well.

Couple things:

1. You should probably post this in the General discussion forum as this has nothing to do with Noob Saibot xP
2. CSZ can link d3 into slide, no?
3. Good thread, you can also use d3 lift for Ermac, i find it easier and it has a different hitbox than d1 so works for different situations.
1. I did! My name is simply Noob Saibot XD
2. Maybe...he was one of the last chars I tested, and my hands were tired from mashing :p
3. To each his own...I just think D1 is easier since the lift also ends in 1

Edit: Actually, I posted this in "Strategy Zone"...I guess it probably should go in General Discussion. Gonna see if a staff member will move it.

Edit2: Done...thank you @OJuggernautO

demo Sub Zero!

Here's some:

KL - spin ex hat d2, 24 ex hat
Scorp - up2, b2, d2, d1, teleport, 11, spear
Cyrax - ex bomb, b2, d2, 121~ex bomb
Kenshi - rising karma
Freddy - d2, ex claw
Reptile - d2, d1~ ex force ball
Liu - aa db2~1, d2, b312
Kitana - f21, d2, 2
Mileena - roll, dash under, d2, d4~bf2
Kabal - b121, f4~ndc~d2, f4....

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Kitana
Uppercut - D1 - Cutting Fan (Upraise MIGHT be possible as well...but I think it takes too long to start up.)
she can do d1~cutter, 2~ex lift. i believe you can do d1~regular lift, it's just a difficult input w/ negative edge.