What's new

Question Using Geyserkick to start combos.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
You know when Geyserkick (the-going-straight-up-attack) stops a crossup
and they land directly in front of you ready for a pretty large combo...How does that work?
Can this be redone over and over like his uppercut (in low-medium lag situations) online?
Did anybody make a list of the %s of these combos?
Does the enhanced version make it any easier to do?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
My brother does this to me, man is it pissing me off... The opponent has to cross you over, not jump at you. When the geyser kick hits do 43 and continue with the combo. Also, it doesn't have to be the en version.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
...And here I was thinking I was the only one who was doing this.

My BnBs for this nice little set-up are:
xx = Linked into combo/cancelled into the preceding inputs
x = Slight pause
eX = Enhanced version of a special

4 3 xx Lightning ~ Roundhouse Kick (Naked) ~ 4 3 Bubble (Into the Bubble standing reset) or if you're going for damage then end it with 4 3 H20 Blast. Only use the 4 3 H20 Blast if completely necessary because sometimes the H20 Blast whiffs to get the most of this Iin clutch situations I'd suggest using the enhanced version of H20 Blast to ensure that it lands and leaves them standing if it doesn't kill them.

4 3 xx Bubble ~ (Backwards) Uppercut x Dash In ~ 4 3 Lightning ~ Roundhouse Kick ~ 4 xx Geyser Kick
^This one if you're feeling really ballsy. This is the type of combo that can single handedly change matches and scare your opponents from not only jumping at you (because you can almost do the same from an anti-air jab) but will make them second guess their cross-over attempts, too.

I was showing this to BookBurning, Smarrgasm, Parchedtwo529, @TOS Nerdd and @I ReD WolF I (Handful of other Rain players, too) just recently and none of them had known about this. Honestly, I have to give the credit to my brother for forcing me to try it. I always thought there would be some weird hit property that would cause them to fall even if it looked like your 4, 3xx[whatever] should land.

Here's another little trick to add to Rain's already established little quirks. ;)

Use and abuse this!

Also,
The eX version of Geyser Kick can force some weird outcomes where a regular Geyser you would get a combo off cleanly every time. Honestly, it shouldn't be too big of a concern anyway ... there's only a few situations where the eX Geyser takes priority and that's when you absolutely need armor even though I'm sure we've all seen eX Geyser land but only deal out 8% damage -- heart breaking times those are; Let me tell you!

Brownie

Stay Wet <3
When only one hit hits... Sad...
Yeah I hate that bull crap! Comboing after Geyserkick works well when the opponent is jumping over you. When ever I do it people are like "How can you combo off that? I couldn't even see where I was!". Another thing that I like doing in the corner is after a knock down d1 Geyser or 1 Geyser since it links. If they try to jump or poke out after the d1, geyser hits you can hit a couple more d1 geysers for an easy 24% - 27% damage.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Yeah I hate that bull crap! Comboing after Geyserkick works well when the opponent is jumping over you. When ever I do it people are like "How can you combo off that? I couldn't even see where I was!". Another thing that I like doing in the corner is after a knock down d1 Geyser or 1 Geyser since it links. If they try to jump or poke out after the d1, geyser hits you can hit a couple more d1 geysers for an easy 24% - 27% damage.
My brother does a bullcrap combo after geyser kick in the corner, 40%+ I believe, and ends it in aqua splash remaining right next to me. Man, does that piss me off lol I tend to stay away from the corner when I play him.

Brownie

Stay Wet <3
Wow...This whole time I used Rain and I never knew you could combo after a geyser kick. I am not worthy. :(
lol it's only if you hit it when the opponent crosses you over. If you do geyser by itself in the corner you can follow up with d1 geyser. :)

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
lol it's only if you hit it when the opponent crosses you over. If you do geyser by itself in the corner you can follow up with d1 geyser. :)
Yea, I usually combo after a geyser kick in the corner, but I never knew it could be done mid screen too. Well that's good to know at least. :)

Thanks for the tip...I started experimenting with this.

Corner geyser - D1 - Geyser 20%

You can actually land Geyser - D1 - Lightning. This opens up tons of possibilities...and is actually relatively easy. Landing Geyser - D1 is very easy, focus on getting that down, then nailing the lightning quickly afterward isn't too hard. For instance, you can do:

(Corner) Geyser - D1 - Lightning - 43 - Bubble - 43 - Aqua Splash (28%, plus opponent reset to standing while still in corner)

(Corner) Geyser - D1 - Lightning - 43 - Bubble - 43 - Geyser 29%

(Corner) Geyser - D1 - Lightning - 43 - Xray - 43 - Aqua Splash 38% (opponent no longer in corner)

Haven't been able to get more than 29% meterless. Unless you can get a considerable amount more...resetting with Aqua Splash is definitely the way to go.

I've also been trying to incorporate uppercut combos using the Bubble with this...but I haven't been able to land 43 after the uppercut. Doesn't seem possible to me...

You can also replace D1 with D3...but it does less damage...and doesn't seem to link into Lightning, so I don't see what the point would be.

EDIT: In the corner, you can basically pull the same cheeky bullshit off of an uppercut as you can with a geyser kick. You can link D1 to Lightning off of a friggin uppercut. The 28% reset I posted above does the same amount of damage if you substitute the Geyser for the uppercut:

(Corner) Uppercut - D1 - Lightning - 43 - Bubble - 43 - Aqua Splash (28%, plus opponent reset to standing while still in corner)