What's new

Character Reveal slow pace a bad sign?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
No. I would be happy with 1 character a month. also considering that we know about a solid 20% of the entire game right now. We also know very little about alot of the characters that have been revealed.

I'm sure they want to make the actually release mean something.

And I am sure the entire game will be "leaked" a week before release so we will know everybody before 04/14/2015 anyway.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
for some who got their favorites. They're happy already. I still haven't got mine. And it gets me on edge.
That's the point. You, myself, and others can't FUCKING wait to see what's in store. Tons of anticipation and excitement.

That's what slow releases do.

Okay. I didn't say they should announce the full roster or anything to the nature. nor do I understand some of the negative comments so far. But I do know this...The game's final master has to be sent soon to facilities were they press the digital image to the game within the next two weeks in order for it to be pressed and shipped on it's release night. If Netherreal WB doesn't at least give us information then that stuff always gets leaked from that sent. This has happened with both MK9 and Injustice. My point is I don't want to see that happen. and many times these leaks and pictures can't be avoided because if you search for the game they end up on news sites.
It's going to happen. Just don't look for MKX news for a while if you're worried about leaks..

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
IGAU was not leaked a month early, in fact we would've never known about Ares/Frost if not for some German site leaking it about 2 weeks prior to game release. MK9 had character and story leaks thanks to people rooting around in the demo, IGAU did not have this problem and NRS was able to release the info their way, for the most part, minus Ares/Frost.

That said there's a ridiculous amount left to show, including however many characters they wish to reveal. NRS, nor any game company, has to reveal every aspect, villain, or character of their game before it's out but it seems that if they aren't releasing a tremendous amount of info about everything that they don't have anything to show or something. As people have said, leaks will happen and there's literally nothing a company can do if some site from another country fucks up or if a video is released early like the Raven reveal or something.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
IGAU was not leaked a month early, in fact we would've never known about Ares/Frost if not for some German site leaking it about 2 weeks prior to game release. MK9 had character and story leaks thanks to people rooting around in the demo, IGAU did not have this problem and NRS was able to release the info their way, for the most part, minus Ares/Frost.
Yes. actually it was. Well not quite a month but every bit of 3 weeks. the entire game image was leaked on torrent sites on March 27, 2013. the game's official release was April 16 of that year. I know this specifically because I remember reading the news right before I went to see the midnight showing of GI Joe Retaliation.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Yes. actually it was. Well not quite a month but every bit of 3 weeks. the entire game image was leaked on torrent sites on March 27, 2013. the game's official release was April 16 of that year. I know this specifically because I remember reading the news right before I went to see the midnight showing of GI Joe Retaliation.

You're talking something entirely different, that's the game itself being released early. That happens to all games because some stores sell games early and people buy them, rip them and then upload them to sites. Unless a company ships a game literally the day of release then there's no way to stop that and, even then, it may still leak as Halo 4 was stolen from a factory a month before release and Gears 3 a server with a build of the game was hacked months before release. There. Is. No. Way. To. Stop. Leaks. Like. This. So why even worry about it or bring it up?

Last edited:

Shania Twain

You're talking something entirely different, that's the game itself being released early. That happens to all games because some store sell games early and people rip them, buy them, and then upload them to sites. Unless a company ships a game literally the day of release then there's no way to stop that and, even then, it may still leak as Halo 4 was stolen from a factory a month before release and Gears 3 a server with a build of the game was hacked months before release. There. Is. No. Way. To. Stop. Leaks. Like. This. So why even worry about it or bring it up?
you just said we didn't know about ares/frost until two weeks before release. that is what I was responding too. we did know about it two weeks before because of a leak and before that and again that is not my point. my point is if they hold all really good reveals back like they did with mk9 and a leak gets out nearly a month early. the news now becomes less exciting because everyone learns of it and we get Ed boon tweeting how disapointed he is in the game community. they did this with mk9 and planned to do all these exciting promos towards the end but all of that became moot because everyone knew characters like Kintaro, Sheeva, etc. were all in the game before they got the chance to do any reveal. we had character images and all. In fact I remember several members who were mods or high profile people saying how disgusted they were and not reporting leaks but having images of characters graphics of mk9 characters not even confirmed yet.

anyway...I don't know what else to say. I just feel like the same thing will probably happen. the do a slow burn then some massive leak happens and all the game sites report it then it just kills their hypefest and then speculation threads end and/or people complain because they are mad at the result. anyway...this is all my point.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Omg people are so fucking entitled man lol.

1) They don't have to show you anything, so be glad they did.

2) Not much left to show? BAHAHAHA, We still have 11 characters, a story that we don't really know much about, as well as not a lot on online play or the game modes available. The types of alities or the dlc packs they are already selling.

Can we please just take a deep breathe and wait? Trust me when I say I am super excited for this game too (just ask my wife, she is tired of hearing about it), but I am not going to sit here and act like NRS is doing nothing to appease us. We get a stream tomorrow, for all we know we'll get a surprise character reveal.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
you just said we didn't know about ares/frost until two weeks before release. that is what I was responding too. we did know about it two weeks before because of a leak and before that and again that is not my point. my point is if they hold all really good reveals back like they did with mk9 and a leak gets out nearly a month early. the news now becomes less exciting because everyone learns of it and we get Ed boon tweeting how disapointed he is in the game community. they did this with mk9 and planned to do all these exciting promos towards the end but all of that became moot because everyone knew characters like Kintaro, Sheeva, etc. were all in the game before they got the chance to do any reveal. we had character images and all. In fact I remember several members who were mods or high profile people saying how disgusted they were and not reporting leaks but having images of characters graphics of characters in mk9 not even confirmed yet.

anyway...I don't know what else to say. I just feel like the same thing will probably happen. the do a slow burn then some massive leak happens and all the game sites report it then it just kills their hypefest and then speculation threads end and/or people complain because they are mad at the result. anyway...this is all my point.

We didn't officially because NRS didn't want it out but it leaked to a german site thanks to some plaques or figures or something. Not because the whole game was on the site and we were able to see everything but because of some merchandise and descriptions of the characters so NRS threw a quick trailer together days before the game released. Again, the MK9 leak was because of the demo, NRS had put the info on all the characters and story lines in the files of the demo and people were able to get inside the game and rip all that stuff. The whole game of Injustice leaked a week or two before release (typical stuff here) but there was no major leak like MK9, what NRS wanted kept under wraps was kept under wraps until literally a week or so before release. It stands to reason that they learned from MK9 and there won't be major leaks until the game is in the hands of players that then either post the info, videos, or game itself and, at that point, it's just avoiding the news if you still want to be surprised or checking everything out.

Again, you will not see an MK9 situation unless an employee fucks up. They slowly rolled out Injustice updates and there were no major leaks, they're doing the same here and still, no leaks even with a couple months of NO character reveals. If NRS stopped updating us with info today we wouldn't get a leak until a week or so out from release when the full game is in people's hand and, again, no way to stop this.

Shania Twain

And the point is....?
the point is it dampens people seeking out illegal leaked game images and video files uploaded to youtube because they can take a pre-emptive strike. and or I dunno. better security measures. anyway. I'm just going off past experiences.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
It´s becoming quite tiresome to see people posting really stupid ideas and then acting surprised when they get torn apart for it.

Personally, I don´t want to know every single feature of the game before I buy it. It´s MK. It´s gonna rock.

kaseyk

Noob
I feel they should just reveal the cast . Knowing who's in hurts nothing .
Day 1 there will be full story , all fatalities vids on YouTube . Marketing 101 my ass lol .
you can make a case even that pre paid dlc should be disclosed .
Everyone on tym is buying mkx and dlc characters regardless of who's in but by the time the game drops everyone with the exception of big bad / final boss should be revealed .

Kakashi

Noob
can you all stop and say nothing to be afraid of pre-order MKX just because you do not know which characters will come, or how many are?

the only thing that should matter to us as players is how is the game system in MKX. Come on People.

MKX can come with completely new roster and yet I would play. If you are not yet decided to preorder do not do it until the game comes out and stop this.
and do not think that if you do not pre-order the game you never go to get Goro.

Why do you need to know how many characters are? at least we know that are 24 or more.
Why do you need to see a Goro gameplay right now? at least we know that he will be in the game and playable.
Why do you need a leaked information? be patient please.

I feel they should just reveal the cast . Knowing who's in hurts nothing .
Day 1 there will be full story , all fatalities vids on YouTube . Marketing 101 my ass lol .
you can make a case even that pre paid dlc should be disclosed .
Everyone on tym is buying mkx and dlc characters regardless of who's in but by the time the game drops everyone with the exception of big bad / final boss should be revealed .
well said my man