What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Ok, so I've been having a secondary/tertiary crisis. I'm an Ermac main (his execution is easy and I'm bad things) . I've been jumping around between characters in the lab looking for someone that clicked and after some tinkering, Cassie is CRAZY fun.

Naturally, I ran here to look up info and learn what I could. I can handle the run mechanic decently, (one of my requirements for a secondary is heavy reliance on run, I need to learn it properly) but I had a question or two for you guys.

I've picked up Brawler Cassie, that and Hollywood click the most with me , but brawlers throws and that air throw just scream fun.

I've looked over the combo thread, but I know some things with Cassie have changed, so what I'm asking of you guys , is a recommendation on a go-to BnB midscreen non and metered combo, and a goto corner combo as well. Just the combo(s) you all find to be practical and useful. I know on Ermac I have a pocketful of combos, and use like.. 2. I stick to reliable execution online with reasonable damage.

Like I said, I'm bad at this game. Very bad. So I like to take little baby steps, concentrate on learning a couple things and getting them down by heart, then progressing from there. Any advice you all have would be appreciated.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ok, so I've been having a secondary/tertiary crisis. I'm an Ermac main (his execution is easy and I'm bad things) . I've been jumping around between characters in the lab looking for someone that clicked and after some tinkering, Cassie is CRAZY fun.

Naturally, I ran here to look up info and learn what I could. I can handle the run mechanic decently, (one of my requirements for a secondary is heavy reliance on run, I need to learn it properly) but I had a question or two for you guys.

I've picked up Brawler Cassie, that and Hollywood click the most with me , but brawlers throws and that air throw just scream fun.

I've looked over the combo thread, but I know some things with Cassie have changed, so what I'm asking of you guys , is a recommendation on a go-to BnB midscreen non and metered combo, and a goto corner combo as well. Just the combo(s) you all find to be practical and useful. I know on Ermac I have a pocketful of combos, and use like.. 2. I stick to reliable execution online with reasonable damage.

Like I said, I'm bad at this game. Very bad. So I like to take little baby steps, concentrate on learning a couple things and getting them down by heart, then progressing from there. Any advice you all have would be appreciated.
Check the OP. It's up to date :)

EntropicByDesign

Gotcha, thanks. Didn't know if it reflected the latest changes. Which of the listed combos do you find the most useful typically?

They're all same combo from different starters, so they're all useful. I personally can't connect the 212 in the mid screens consistently, so I leave it out. Corners in Spec Ops are a little easier, so I'm practicing them verbatim.

EntropicByDesign

K cool. I haven't tinkered much, but, I've found the b12 link the easiest, I don't know the damage well on the other links or if 11 allows more follow-up, I'm sure others can educate me, but in my practice sessions I always just b12 after the run, its almost like you CAN'T miss that unless you're really slow on input after the run. Like I input the run during the flip and the moment I see her run, I hit b12xxnutpunch (I've practiced in Hollywood up to this point).

What are the advantages of different links? Is it purely a raw damage thing, or do certain links allow the combo to be extended sightly?

EntropicByDesign

Gotcha.. That's kinda huge. 1-2% , to me, is meh, but 4.. That could be 8-16% spread across an entire match.

So you would do something like (random basic example):

B12 xx Flip xx Run xx 212 xx Ender, and that would net 4% more than b12 in place of 212?

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Nope :) That's b2121+2~db2 =D
idk if it's just like that in Australia bae, but b212 starter only does 29%

corner combos to update in Brawler:

(low) d+f1~db2, RUN~121, 212, 123~db2, RUN~24~bf3 (40%)

(6 frame punish)242, f33, 212, 123~db2, ji3, 24~bf3 (42%)

(neutral jump punch) njp, f33, 212, 123~db2, ji3~24~bf3 (40%)
DF1 xx DB2, RC F33, 212, 123, RC 24 xx BF3 41% (Difficulty: Online Evo Champ exectuion tier)

242, F33, 212, 123 xx DB2 RC 4 xx DB2, RC 24 xx BF3 44%

NJP, F33, 212, 123 xx DB2, RC 4 xx DB2, RC 24 xx BF3 42%

chores

bad at things
BRAWLER
METERLESS
(6 frame punish) 242, 33, b12~db2, RUN~b12~bf3 (33%)

instead you can do 242, f24~db2, RUN-f24-bf3 also for 33% -- seems a lot easier. might be able to squeeze in 242, f24~db2, RUN-212-b12-bf3 for more damage. seems like it

@Pan1cMode

EntropicByDesign

/salt. Ugh. I must be deficient in some way, I cannot for the life of me nail the 212 b12 after the run consistently. I practiced last night for two hours straight. I don't have any trouble with b12 afterwards (its almost idiot proof if you slam it out the frame you start running). This is using a combination of all the typical starters, b12, b212, d+f+1, etc. /salt

I'm hoping for better luck today. I think after the first 45m of miserable failures I was tilting. Maybe fresh hands and a fresh mind in practice will net me better results.

Stick with doing flip-b12. That 4% you're missing by dropping the 212 can be easily made up for with a couple of good pokes or in the corner, where she can do 40% meterless with relative ease.

Shaazzyam

Cool guy Brawler combos #1:

starter xx db2, RC b212, 1+2 xx Bf3

same damage you would get with 212, b12 xx bf3 ender,but I find it to be more stylish and less strict

EntropicByDesign

BRAWLER
METERLESS
(6 frame punish) 242, 33, b12~db2, RUN~b12~bf3 (33%)

instead you can do 242, f24~db2, RUN-f24-bf3 also for 33% -- seems a lot easier. might be able to squeeze in 242, f24~db2, RUN-212-b12-bf3 for more damage. seems like it

@Pan1cMode

242, f24~db2, RUN-f24-bf3 - This is super easy, fingers arent bouncing around the pad as much, the F24 link just feels more natural to me, and seems to have a much larger window than the 212, even if I feel late, or a little early, it seems to land. BF3's hitbox (hurtbox?) is silly. So, Thank you! Very helpful to have a nice high damage combo I can pull out on punish with some consistency. I havent taken it online yet, so we'll see how I manage then.

Just something Ive noticed since fiddling with Cassie, going back to my other mains feels like playing the game in slow motion. lol.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So, I slightly modified the overhead and low starter meterless combos in the corner and came up with a 43% and 41% combo respectively.

Overhead:
Jip1 F3 flipkick run cancel 121 21u4 4 flipkick F24 nut punch 43%

Low:
Jip1 D+F1 flipkick run cancel 121 21u4 4 flipkick F24 nut punch 41%

Also I found out that if you aren't good at timing the last run cancel (in the combos in the OP) into 123 nut punch, you can use b1 instead of run cancel 123 and do b1 nut punch and it still works. Less damage of course... but veeeery consistent and easy execution. Just in case there are any execution noobs out there like myself. :)

chores

bad at things
242, f24~db2, RUN-f24-bf3 - This is super easy, fingers arent bouncing around the pad as much, the F24 link just feels more natural to me, and seems to have a much larger window than the 212, even if I feel late, or a little early, it seems to land. BF3's hitbox (hurtbox?) is silly. So, Thank you! Very helpful to have a nice high damage combo I can pull out on punish with some consistency. I havent taken it online yet, so we'll see how I manage then.

Just something Ive noticed since fiddling with Cassie, going back to my other mains feels like playing the game in slow motion. lol.
heres my brawler online corner combos that i use. i dont like doing two flips in the same combos cause i tend to drop them online:

(b12 or d+f1 or f3)~Flip run 121 212 24~bf3 === normally 2 or 3% less than the optimal corner combos

242 121 212 212~flip run 24~bf3 = 40% .. instead of the "run 24" you can do f2 1+2 for 38% and a restand

Shaazzyam

b2121+2~db2, RUN~212, b21~bf3 (31%)

(6 frame punish) 242, f24~db2, RUN~f24~bf3 (33%)

(6 frame punish) 242, b12~db2, RUN~f21+3 (28%) [restand]

(Low) d+f1~db2, RUN~212, b12~bf3 (28%)
b121, d 1+2 xx db2, rc 212, f24 xx bf3 34%

242, 33, f24 xx db2, rc f24 xxbf3 36%

242, 33, f42 xx db2, rc f2 1+3 33%

d+f1 xx db2, rc 212, f24 xx bf3 29%

Last edited:

Audit

Falls down too much
Did I hear 53% meterless corners.... where?
LOL I saw that thread that got immediately removed. Watched the video, it was 53% meterless off of a trade. I won't say what it traded off, because now I have to test something for my character LOL.

The Magician

According to my sources...
LOL I saw that thread that got immediately removed. Watched the video, it was 53% meterless off of a trade. I won't say what it traded off, because now I have to test something for my character LOL.
Pm it to me?

pls.......