What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
To be fair, I've only tried the combo on 2 characters (Johnny and Mileena) and I found it 100% consistent and easy, but it could be possible that it might be a bit iffy on some characters due to hitboxes.

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
To be fair, I've only tried the combo on 2 characters (Johnny and Mileena) and I found it 100% consistent and easy, but it could be possible that it might be a bit iffy on some characters due to hitboxes.
I tried it and could not land the 123 nutpunch for some reason I was still far away.

I'm really digging the new combos with f34. Pretty consistent with the nutpunch and not too hard to do once you get it down

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
brawler cassie main here and i feel its just as viable as spec ops and hollywood

-ex air throw is amazing especially since it can cancel from all her air to air attacks and also on grounded opponents from her jump in overhead kicks. the bounce launch from it can combo into 35%+ damage.

-bf3 tackle works amazingly for her mixup game and with it being an overhead it puts pressure on opponents who constantly crouch block and is her go to juggle ender

-dbf2 command throw while not doing as much damage as other grapplers command throws gives her solid block string tick throw setups to go along with her already amazing mixup options

-f,1+3 reset throw while only offering +1 still does its job of keeping pressure on opponents especially when using her D3 afterwards on opponents who mash out of disadvantage

the only changes i'd want for brawler is being able to ex her tackle(with extra punches animated for it) and dbf2 grabs for armor and damage increase and also give her f,1+3 an extra 1 or 2 frames of advantage...and lastly a different variation specific character model change...cant stand those bright ass yellow gloves

Overall cassies one of the few characters where all 3 of her variations are great so there no reason to feel obligated to switch from whichever one you feel most comfortable or have more fun with
Buffs I would want for brawler Cassie (to make her a viable choice compared with hollywood/spec ops)
- dbf2 is a legit command throw (hits all opponents except those in the air/neutral crouching)
- dbf2 tic throws from d1, d3 and b12
- maybe extra hit advantage on f21+3?

As it is, she's a grappler with no real added mixups on Hollywood (except f33 and f3~bf3, but come on).

The Magician

According to my sources...
Buffs I would want for brawler Cassie (to make her a viable choice compared with hollywood/spec ops)
- dbf2 is a legit command throw (hits all opponents except those in the air/neutral crouching)

As it is, she's a grappler with no real added mixups on Hollywood (except f33 and f3~bf3, but come on).
If they added f34, and maybe added ex versions to her grabs but lowered the damage a little bit due to f34 scaling. She would probably be on par with Hollywood, and wouldn't be disregarded and a serious decision on which to pick.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If they added f34, and maybe added ex versions to her grabs but lowered the damage a little bit due to f34 scaling. She would probably be on par with Hollywood, and wouldn't be disregarded and a serious decision on which to pick.
Her damage is actually decent even without f34. The problem is she loses the chance to mix you up after nutpunch and doesn't gain anything real in compensation (mixup wise).

Tbh I don't want extra hit advantage from F21+3 because I feel it might make her too similar to Hollywood.
I would like
-tick throw b1
-ex command grab so I can keep the corner or get a combo <3
-Ex tackle for more damage + armor
-More damage or less scaling on Ex air throw for a better reason to use it in combos or as a starter.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Tbh I don't want extra hit advantage from F21+3 because I feel it might make her too similar to Hollywood.
I would like
-tick throw b1
-ex command grab so I can keep the corner or get a combo <3
-Ex tackle for more damage + armor
-More damage or less scaling on Ex air throw for a better reason to use it in combos or as a starter.
Again, I don't think her damage in brawler is a problem. She reaches similar midscreen and corner damage to hollywood in brawler, definitely more than Spec Ops, and one of the benefits is the lack of meter dependency (making her reliant on ex bf3 and ex grab for damage would I think do more harm than good). She already has flipkick and divekick for armour moves and f3~db2(ex) blow up heaps of wakeups (haven't found one it doesn't yet).

I know, but as it stands there really isn't a reason to use Ex air throw. You can easily confirm a ji.1 into a combo as cassie and lead to better damage than an ex air throw. And having a command grab that throws the oppoent out of the corner and doesn't let you get much is less than ideal so an ex version to keep corner would help with that. When I have them cornered I feel less inclined to want to use it because of this.

I mean personally I'm fine with how brawler is, but it doesn't really stand out as much as it should. A command grab that resets neutral/gives up positioning, an air throw that doesn't have many uses. Outside of tackle brawler doesn't really offer anything of significance compared to restand/air guns or missiles for neutral.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

I agree with making her command grab an actual command grab and the tic throws. That is the big one to me.

I would also say that giving her an armor option on an ex version of the takedown would bring her closer to Hollywood. You wouldn't have the advantage of the resets like Hollywood mid-screen, but she would have pretty comparable/possibly better mid-screen damage than Hollywood.

Laziman5898

"Cassie , D'vorah , Jacqui and Tanya are killers"
I
Pretty damn gutted at the moment, ive been working hard on brawler variation and have been smashing it with her, but it seems all the focus/combos is towards the hollywood variation.

Would it be worth switching to hollywood or are there any Brawler experts on here?

I want to up my corner combos to consistent mid forty percentile damage.
im a brawler expert ( well sort of)
It's my main , I've been playing it since day 1 , the way brawler works is you pressure your opponent to death , 212 tick throw (dbf2) making sure your opponent is blocking

B1,2 throw(bd3) pressures the opponent to block low and wait for a throw if you just do b1, 2 you can go into f3 full combo

I'll write a lot more in a guide or something later but I belive brawler is her best variation but it does play completely different from the other 2 which is what's so unique about cassie

Laziman5898

"Cassie , D'vorah , Jacqui and Tanya are killers"
Db

dbf2 is a legit tick throw and the only way brawler cassie could get better is an ex version of bf3 which gains armour and more damage , trust me brawler cassie is a hell of a lot better than you think I think if what your saying happens she will be broke immediately not that I'm complaining ;)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Db

dbf2 is a legit tick throw and the only way brawler cassie could get better is an ex version of bf3 which gains armour and more damage , trust me brawler cassie is a hell of a lot better than you think I think if what your saying happens she will be broke immediately not that I'm complaining ;)
Mmmmk, I'll take your word for it.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Does anyone actually use the 21u2 starter as a punisher? It seems Great in theory, but the enemy always seems to be pushed back far enough that my 21 doesn't connect.

Is there a better/faster punishing combo than b12 and 21u2?

my mid screen punish is:

242 f24xxdb2 run f34 bd3 (or bf4)* (36% with bd3 finisher) (35% with bf4 finisher)

* = sometimes you won't be able to connect bd3, so you use bf4 instead.

depending on how high the enemy is (from f24xxdb2) you won't be able to land f34 so i just go for b21xx bd3 after the run. I hardly ever use 21u4 as a starter... though I probably should I just don't like it.

Most of her combos I have to adjust what buttons to use dependent on character size and how late db2 hits. For the above combo to work you need db2 to hit slightly late in it's active frames (have to delay f24 slightly)

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I know the typical bnb formula for her is opener, bd2, run, 12, b12, ender, but if you leave out the 12 the combo is easier and you only lose 2% damage. I don't think it's worth it. Especially online with a more strict/unpredictable timing.

The Magician

According to my sources...
Does anyone actually use the 21u2 starter as a punisher? It seems Great in theory, but the enemy always seems to be pushed back far enough that my 21 doesn't connect.

Is there a better/faster punishing combo than b12 and 21u2?
I use it all the time, 21u4 can punish errons sand toss and many other things as it is a 6 frame punish.

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
Im picking up the character and want to know what do you guys think is the best string to punish with midscreen and corner? Imo i been using 242 but 21u4 seems really good as well. Also what is her best bnb off these if anyone could tell me notations please.