What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

having trouble getting bd3 off in the end, any suggestions?
Off of b12~flipkick, you can do an easier followup with run~11 b12~nutpunch if you want.

If you're going for run~b12, best thing is to just let Cassie keep running until your opponent is near the ground, then cancel the run with b12~nutpunch. If you cancel the run too soon and your opponent is too high off the ground, the 2 part of the string or the nutpunch will whiff.

After the flipkick, I immediately input the ff+blk. Then it's just a matter of stopping the run with the b12 at the right moment, which is when the opponent is right at Cassie's head height-wise. I have my thumb ready on back on the dpad while I'm running. Then when I see I'm at the right distance, I just input b12 like I'm not even running.

Check the beginner's guide/FAQ for more tips too. There's a lot more detail in the explanation for how to do it:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/beginners-guide-faq-to-cassie-cage.51037/

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
IMO these should be the staple BNB corner combos with Hollywood Cassie Cage. Easy and high damage (38-46% meterless)

vicious1024

Does it matter?
having trouble getting bd3 off in the end, any suggestions?
As mentioned earlier, you have to let your stick return to neutral before inputting specials after strings.

Also, try delaying the special input after B12 a little. I had trouble with landing specials on P2 side after B12, despite clean inputs. Went into Practice, then realized I was inputting specials way too fast.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
IMO these should be the staple BNB corner combos with Hollywood Cassie Cage. Easy and high damage (38-46% meterless)

Those are the ones in the OP except with an added f2 instead of the run into 21u4. I actually find it easier with the f2 in there, and it does more damage.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Also I liked what Reo was doing with his midscreen combos. Instead of going for b12~flipkick run b12~nutpunch, he would do b12~flipkick run~11 b12~nutpunch. For those who have trouble with b12 after run it might be worth trying.
Yeah I use 12 offline, it is a pretty easy link.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Updated OP with Spec OPs corner combos. These are what I came up with so there are almost certainly ones that do more damage/are more practical.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Updated OP with Spec OPs corner combos. These are what I came up with so there are almost certainly ones that do more damage/are more practical.
Do you have a youtube channel? I may have watched your videos, not sure.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Do you have a youtube channel? I may have watched your videos, not sure.
I do, but I don't post vids on it often. They're all Injustice or MK X related anyways haha.

Just search Pan1cMode on youtube.

EDIT:

Updated OP with njp combos and jik combos where appropriate.

Last edited:
Adding onto @RiBBz22 find with jk gun - im at work so I cant test but are there maybe any high damage combos with a jf3/jb3 air gun after something like 21u4/242/njp/flipkick?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Adding onto @RiBBz22 find with jk gun - im at work so I cant test but are there maybe any high damage combos with a jf3/jb3 air gun after something like 21u4/242/njp/flipkick?
It seems to increase gravity scaling making 2 f34s not possible in a combo. I don't think it does more damage. I managed to get 40% on njp, but without chucking guns in there I can get like 45% instead

It seems to increase gravity scaling making 2 f34s not possible in a combo. I don't think it does more damage. I managed to get 40% on njp, but without chucking guns in there I can get like 45% instead
Yeah thats what I figured. Maybe if you can squeeze in a instant air gun you can do more damage but at that point its probably impractical

RiBBz22

@Pan1cMode
(10 frame advancing mid) b12~ db2, f2, 21u4, f34~db2, f24~bd3 (42%)

I think finishing this combo with 123~bd3 is way easier... at least for me and it does the same damage. Not sure how reliable this one is for everyone else. Might want to just list it as substitute. You do have to run cancel though.

Also, you are going to have to update all those 10 frame adv mid statements to 11 frames after the frame data update :p

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
@Pan1cMode

I think finishing this combo with 123~bd3 is way easier... at least for me and it does the same damage. Not sure how reliable this one is for everyone else. Might want to just list it as substitute. You do have to run cancel though.

Also, you are going to have to update all those 10 frame adv mid statements to 11 frames after the frame data update :p
But but.... the SWAG man!!! What about the SWAG?? :DOGE

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
@Pan1cMode

Updated all frame data listings; (5 frame > 6 frame) (10 frame > 11 frame)

Will test out 123~bd3 as an ender and add it to the OP when I get home :)

Can anyone give me insight on how to work the run into combos? I am having a huge issue with this. Many tips would be appreciated!

RiBBz22

Can anyone give me insight on how to work the run into combos? I am having a huge issue with this. Many tips would be appreciated!
You just need to work on the timing of hitting ff block at the end of the flip kick animation so you are to the point where you trust that it is going to come out when you expect it to. Just work on cancelling her backflip into run over and over until you get the timing window down. Since most of the time she has to go into run is off the backflip you should be able to get pretty consistent on the timing without too many adjustments.