What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Hit them more while they're blocking :D

No seriously just do a b124 , d3 blockstring and watch your meter :)
That makes me a bit nervous when i hit em on block. As i used to play SF and KI and this is my 1st MK game. Its very weird try simple one hit strings for pressure and a bad habit. And because shit hits high i get mashed out by other d1s or an uppercut:DOGE

redeyes

Button Masher
has anyone else been messing around with trying to combo after the 2nd hit of EX glow kick? depending on when you hit them you can link normals afterwards, trying to figure how to get it consistent cause it would be a great way to get in on zoners.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Fair. I've been using a lot of Hollywood from the start, but like I said, ever since the variation switch I think it's the other way around for me (Hollywood only for specific match-ups, Spec Ops for everything else). In many cases it's still very much character knowledge that let's me get away with earlier shenanigans, but that missile pressure controls the space extremely well, especially with the run button. We'll wait and see. Both variations are viable and I guess it comes down to the playstyle.
Yeah exactly, Hollywood and Spec Ops are 2 totally different styles so if you aren't a big fan of playing aggressive and love the missile setups it makes sense to use it more. Pretty much the beautiful thing about this game IMO.

Reauxbot

Yeah exactly, Hollywood and Spec Ops are 2 totally different styles so if you aren't a big fan of playing aggressive and love the missile setups it makes sense to use it more. Pretty much the beautiful thing about this game IMO.
Ive been watching you since Injustice out. If im not wrong youre the guy that got married at that time as well.
How do you see this game turning out in Majors. I remember MK9 had a lot of hype on its release as well as IGAU and kinda flattened out after a while.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Ive been watching you since Injustice out. If im not wrong youre the guy that got married at that time as well.
How do you see this game turning out in Majors. I remember MK9 had a lot of hype on its release as well as IGAU and kinda flattened out after a while.
I feel like this game is going to kill it in majors compared to Injustice. It's only been a week, but this game feels really polished and seems like it will have a lot of staying power. Hopefully it blows up at EVO and the top players that travel a lot outside of our core community will stick with it.

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
What are people doing after DB2 NEAR the corner?

I find this range pretty awkward, sometimes I'll try run cancel 21u4 or just do my midscreen BnB.
If you mean near the corner with the opponent close to being in the corner, then I do getaway kick into f2,4, db2, RC 212, db2, RC 212xxbd3

Reauxbot

I feel like this game is going to kill it in majors compared to Injustice. It's only been a week, but this game feels really polished and seems like it will have a lot of staying power. Hopefully it blows up at EVO and the top players that travel a lot outside of our core community will stick with it.
I feel like it is as well. But usually some NRS tweaks have kinda made some games iffy and sways some players. I have Justin Wong as a friend and i see him on MKX whenever hes online. I havent seen REO or any of the big names i watched when injustice came out. Like Ducky or Tom Brady. And the Twitch archives arent working on my mobile. Who does REO play? And does DJT play?

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
That makes me a bit nervous when i hit em on block. As i used to play SF and KI and this is my 1st MK game. Its very weird try simple one hit strings for pressure and a bad habit. And because shit hits high i get mashed out by other d1s or an uppercut:DOGE
Something I tend to do is if I see them blocking I'll use d3 once or twice to see where they're blocking and then either go in to f33 or d+f1. It tends to be safe against most things, but if you do d3 too often the opponent will just mash out d1

Shady

Noob
Amen. Already registered for Evo and ready to contribute to the hype.

Laziman5898

"Cassie , D'vorah , Jacqui and Tanya are killers"
I
Tele wakeups get out too; testing against Ermac now.

Still a great setup.

You can get more damage with

starter~db1~db2, RUN~33, 212, 212, f24~dd1
I know it's quite late but I just thought what happens if you do MB rocket on these wakeups does it still track them and do db1 instead of F3 , can't test atm , it's a thought that might work??!

Laziman5898

"Cassie , D'vorah , Jacqui and Tanya are killers"
Btw did anyone know that apparently cassies
Db2 is 5 Frames not 9
This is not proven , just something I read I'm another thread , just putting out there to let you guys know

Zebster

How's my volume?
Took a break for one day and suddenly I'm having a lot of trouble doing her midscreen run combos again. Is it just me, or did something happen in that update that fixed the ce error?

Chylo

Noob
I can't consistently get the f24 to even reach or come out in time. I'm either out of range or too late.
Sometimes I feel like I'm getting the correct height, but I still drop the combo after the second db2.

Hollywood, Corner
(10 frame advancing mid) b12~ db2, f2, 21u4, f34~db2, f24~bd3 (42%)

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
I can't consistently get the f24 to even reach or come out in time. I'm either out of range or too late.
Sometimes I feel like I'm getting the correct height, but I still drop the combo after the second db2.

Hollywood, Corner
(10 frame advancing mid) b12~ db2, f2, 21u4, f34~db2, f24~bd3 (42%)
Use this video as reference for height etc. You have to slightly let them drop after the first db2

Zebster

How's my volume?
I haven't seen a difference
Hm seems to be only one combo that I'm having trouble with midscreen: F3 xx db2 - Run - F24 xx db3
I can get it easily with B12 instead of F24, but I now have trouble getting the F24 to hit midscreen. They don't stay in the air as long as they normally do with the other strings after the db2 when I use the overhead starter compared to the other starters.

I guess I'll just stick to the B12 mid combo, but it is strange that I'm suddenly having all this trouble when I found it pretty easy to do the other day.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Corner combo into standing reset with Brawler that I found. Haven't gone through the whole thread so I don't know if they're posted already.

B12/DF1/F3 xx Flip Kick, F2, 212, 212 xx Flip Kick, F21+3

All starters get around 35%.