What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Here it is! They should up our corner dmg by 1-2% on all starters :)

Includes @Sajam's latest combo off of 242 for reference (I hope its OK :oops:)

b12 xx db2 , f2 , 21u4 , f34 xx db2 , f24 xx bd3 (42%)

f3 xx db2 , f2 , 21u4 , f34 xx db2 , f24 xx bd3 (43%)

d+f1 xx db2 , f2 , 21u4 , f34 xx db2 , f24 xx bd3 (41%)

All these gain an additional 2% if you use EX bd3 and grant you a guaranteed 50/50, but this should be common knowledge by now :D
These are kinda tough lol. Anyone else taking a while to get these down?

I've been focusing on corner stuff with Brawler since midscreen has been mostly figured out. This combo off 242 is the best I've found so far and I'm finding it really hard to push past 42-43% meterless.

Combos from df1 and b3 using ex flip since it's her only safe option on block. Can probably easily be optimized further but 242 combos are a lot more fun to work on.

Lucky_623

MKX XB1 & Cage Family Supporter
I've been focusing on corner stuff with Brawler since midscreen has been mostly figured out. This combo off 242 is the best I've found so far and I'm finding it really hard to push past 42-43% meterless.

Possible to superman,1+3 at the end for standing reset? Nice use of the bounce out to carry it on!
Possible to Superman,1+3 at the end for a standing reset, possibly into backward throw to get them back in corner or finish off with DF1, into tackle?

Last edited:

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134

Combos from df1 and b3 using ex flip since it's her only safe option on block. Can probably easily be optimized further but 242 combos are a lot more fun to work on.

Wow... Impressive combo. Best I've seen from Brawler in a while.

Lucky_623

MKX XB1 & Cage Family Supporter
Wow... Impressive combo. Best I've seen from Brawler in a while.
2,4,2 is overlooked, it is a launcher, and doesn't place opponent too far away, easy to hit confirm, and also a good starter off of a JI2 due to that baton range.

Her baton plays a very important role in all her kits. It extends her jump punch opportunity with JI2, she can barely be matched in range of D2, and her combo starter either F2 or B2 which extends her baton forward all give her range options to catch sleeping opponents off guard or to punish just out of typical normal range.

Possible to Superman,1+3 at the end for a standing reset, possibly into backward throw to get them back in corner or finish off with DF1, into tackle?
I've never been able to connect with f2. I was hoping I'd be able to get NJP off the uppercut out of the corner but I've never managed.

"2,4,2 is overlooked, it is a launcher, and doesn't place opponent too far away, easy to hit confirm, and also a good starter off of a JI2 due to that baton range.

Her baton plays a very important role in all her kits. It extends her jump punch opportunity with JI2, she can barely be matched in range of D2, and her combo starter either F2 or B2 which extends her baton forward all give her range options to catch sleeping opponents off guard or to punish just out of typical normal range."

242 is not really hit confirmable like b12 is. and besides, its punishable on block. virtually useless string outside of punishes.

ji2 is ok but i usually just use j1 because its her fastest air move.
her d2 doesnt really seem very good to me/any better than any other d2 of similar speed
F2 is useless outside of combos

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
^^^ Exactly what he said. Wasn't the 242 I was impressed with, I know how to use that -___-
it was the uppercut into throw combo. Squeezing out damage close to Hollywood with just her base moves in Brawler is crazy.

Now if we can just find a use for her air throw, we could almost make it viable. Only if someone finds some crazy utility or new tech though, because it'll be hard to justify losing the standing reset/missile coverage for a normal knockdown and having to deal with wakeups and all their armor.
: /

After Bf3 she actually has perfect timing to beat a lot of armored wakeups with either f44, d1(1hit)~db2, and F3~db2. Some characters can't backdash d1 without getting hit by the overhead. If you go for a f3 or a f4 and they short or long get up you are still at frame advantage so they can't hit a button. Still not as good as hollywood but taking someones meter for a punish is something.

Laziman5898

"Cassie , D'vorah , Jacqui and Tanya are killers"

Here's some anti wake-up tech with cassie (spec ops) , I've tested everyone and it worked on everyone except Kung Lao so I edited and made it workable

NOTE - If the opponent delays there wakeup they cannot wake-up (you will see that they delay it because the rocket goes through them) just delay your f3 or df1 and continue your mixups :)

{Notation} Starter -RUN-3,3~2,1,2~212-DB2-B1-DD1

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Here's some anti wake-up tech with cassie (spec ops) , I've tested everyone and it worked on everyone except Kung Lao so I edited and made it workable

NOTE - If the opponent delays there wakeup they cannot wake-up (you will see that they delay it because the rocket goes through them) just delay your f3 or df1 and continue your mixups :)

{Notation} Starter -RUN-3,3~2,1,2~212-DB2-B1-DD1
What if they don't wake up at all? I was using basically the same setup, and it fails if they just hold down :(. Maybe I missed something?

EvilJagan

White Belt
41 Meterless corner combo with chance to crossup nutpunch uif you do it right before the land.
43% if you MB nutpunch
Hollywood

242, F34xxDB2, RUN 212xxDB2, B12xxBD3

Laziman5898

What if they don't wake up at all? I was using basically the same setup, and it fails if they just hold down :(. Maybe I missed something?
If they delay there wake up and to do that you must hold down which means it's harder to block overheads ( not impossible just a bit harder ) plus you can react to delayed wake ups , the only way to get out of this is to delay your whole wakeup and that is reactable so you can just go for mixup seeing as you cannot wake up from delayed wakeups

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If they delay there wake up and to do that you must hold down which means it's harder to block overheads ( not impossible just a bit harder ) plus you can react to delayed wake ups , the only way to get out of this is to delay your whole wakeup and that is reactable so you can just go for mixup seeing as you cannot wake up from delayed wakeups
Tele wakeups get out too; testing against Ermac now.

Still a great setup.

You can get more damage with

starter~db1~db2, RUN~33, 212, 212, f24~dd1

Laziman5898

Tele wakeups get out too; testing against Ermac now.

Still a great setup.

You can get more damage with

starter~db1~db2, RUN~33, 212, 212, f24~dd1
Okay ,thanks I'll be working on it , but my main heart is with brawler although what you've said has gave me a great heads up thanks :)

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Quick question about her mid screen bnbs. So I have yet to land 212 after db2 xx run if the initial d+f1 or f3 launchers were hit at max range. I assume it's because db2 does not move you forward and she might be too far away to land the 212. I can get the 212 off of B12 xx db2 every time. Am I just missing something here or is my execution off?
Honestly, I wouldn't bother with 212 midscreen, it's way too iffy. I would just use 1,1 as I find that the most consistent.

Good thing about doing 1,2/1,1/212 midscreen after DB2 is that they're usually low enough for nutcracker to connect.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You're my hero.

On the off-note though. Are people still dominantly using Hollywood and Brawler? I've made the switch to Spec Ops a few days ago and haven't regretted it since with the missile mix-ups. Even placed at a local. Seems that with the wake up game the way it is in MKX it is better to not go for the restand (unless you MB the nutpunch) and then just roll straight into some sort of Oki pressure.
In my opinion Hollywood and Spec Ops compliment each other well. I prefer Hollywood, and just would use Spec Ops as a matchup based variation at this point, but I am sure lots of people are maximizing it way more than I am at this point. I honestly really just picked it up a few days ago for the first time and have only played a few matches with it.

In Hollywood you always want to end in the nut punch and take the plus frames even if it is only the 3. Your opponent knows you get to act first and you take away their chance to armor, delay their wakeup, or tech roll. You keep the opponent right next to you and that is what you want.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Holy hell i lov3 the Cassie forums. Theyre so active and with new and good ideas almost daily. I almost enjoy being in these threads just because :eek:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Quick question about her mid screen bnbs. So I have yet to land 212 after db2 xx run if the initial d+f1 or f3 launchers were hit at max range. I assume it's because db2 does not move you forward and she might be too far away to land the 212. I can get the 212 off of B12 xx db2 every time. Am I just missing something here or is my execution off?
It is tight timing, you have to do the 212 when your opponent is a bit closer to the ground than normal (around Cassie's waist height) so you run the risk of dropping it because of that. 12 can be hit a bit higher for 1 or 2% less.

Shady

Noob
In my opinion Hollywood and Spec Ops compliment each other well. I prefer Hollywood, and just would use Spec Ops as a matchup based variation at this point, but I am sure lots of people are maximizing it way more than I am at this point. I honestly really just picked it up a few days ago for the first time and have only played a few matches with it.

In Hollywood you always want to end in the nut punch and take the plus frames even if it is only the 3. Your opponent knows you get to act first and you take away their chance to armor, delay their wakeup, or tech roll. You keep the opponent right next to you and that is what you want.
Fair. I've been using a lot of Hollywood from the start, but like I said, ever since the variation switch I think it's the other way around for me (Hollywood only for specific match-ups, Spec Ops for everything else). In many cases it's still very much character knowledge that let's me get away with earlier shenanigans, but that missile pressure controls the space extremely well, especially with the run button. We'll wait and see. Both variations are viable and I guess it comes down to the playstyle.

Reauxbot

I wonder if shed be broken if Nut Cracker was just one of her main moves like the flip kick. Ill take the trade of gun shot (ground) for nut cracker. Heheh
Im pretty nervous about using the Spec Ops class online. Ive never been good with space guessing characters like Kenshi and his images. And the missles take a minute. And getting meter with Cassie period is quite odd. Not sure if im playing her right. But burning meter for a missle when i barely gain meter to begin with is nust a rough system for me.
She is my day 2 so far though.
I play scorpion mostly and he just racks meter. With Cassie and Kung Lao i barely make it over two.
What am i doing wrong?

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
I wonder if shed be broken if Nut Cracker was just one of her main moves like the flip kick. Ill take the trade of gun shot (ground) for nut cracker. Heheh
Im pretty nervous about using the Spec Ops class online. Ive never been good with space guessing characters like Kenshi and his images. And the missles take a minute. And getting meter with Cassie period is quite odd. Not sure if im playing her right. But burning meter for a missle when i barely gain meter to begin with is nust a rough system for me.
She is my day 2 so far though.
I play scorpion mostly and he just racks meter. With Cassie and Kung Lao i barely make it over two.
What am i doing wrong?
Hit them more while they're blocking :D

No seriously just do a b124 , d3 blockstring and watch your meter :)

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
I like D2 as an AA although you gotta be ready for the jump.

Someone mentioned 3,3 as an AA? Gonna try that later on.

DB2 is godly anyway so I'd just get used to that over normal AAing.
B2 on reaction on their way down works sometimes, but I'm not sure about its consistency

Reauxbot

B2 on reaction on their way down works sometimes, but I'm not sure about its consistency
Probably spacing dependant and what move they use. Takedas D3 and D4 push you away differently then they jump. As ive been using the NC to anti air lately the push off threw me off. But ill try this one :eek: