What's new

Breaking News: Osama killed in Pakistan

oZii

Noob
This is not enough. Anyone can write and make up a story. I find it strange they threw the body into the sea right away without showing it to the world.
?? One is Usa Today and the other is a New Source in India. Both are totally un-affiliated with each other. If thats not enough I dont know what to tell you. lol I mean I could keep finding sources its pretty easy all stating the same thing. In due time they might release pictures but I wouldn't hold my breath since they could be graphic.

Though If Osama is really still alive like it seems like you believe, Al queda and Osama could easily produce one of there video tapes or audios to prove america wrong.

But think what you will.

How about Al Jazeera? The Number 1 news source for the Middle east that totally has nothing to do with the US. I hope you know at least what Al Jazeera is.

http://english.aljazeera.net/

BOSSETTE

Noob
lol i found this out when my news feed on facebook blew up.
i just find it funny that some people are celebrating that it's the end of terrorism.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Osama is dead, thank god but Obama was not the reason for it...he was actually against going after terrorists, until now. Funny. lol

BOSSETTE

Noob
Osama is dead, thank god but Obama was not the reason for it...he was actually against going after terrorists, until now. Funny. lol
Yeah, a lot of people are cheering on Obama, but it's not like Obama personally killed Osama himself.
I also think that this death is an American victory, not just for a particular political party.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
lol i found this out when my news feed on facebook blew up.
i just find it funny that some people are celebrating that it's the end of terrorism.
Exactly. Plus I love how the body was buried in the sea almost immediately...sounds fishy (pun intended)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
apparently photos flowing around the net are fake. the Obama administration dont want to release the "real" pics. that is if they really have it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/osama-bin-laden-dna-confirms-death-but-photos-are-fake-should-white-house-release-actual-photos/2011/05/02/AFez6naF_blog.html
It makes sense, imo, that they aren't releasing pictures of "dead Osama". It just wouldn't look right. Osama's death doesn't change much anyway, so the Americans wanting visual proof are kinda silly. Unless it's of those directly affected by 9/11, then I could see why they want to visually see the bastard dead. Closure, etc.

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
Any footage taken of the events occuring inside the compound would probably be considered "classified" meaning, IT'S NOT FOR PUBLIC VIEWING.

It makes sense, imo, that they aren't releasing pictures of "dead Osama". It just wouldn't look right. Osama's death doesn't change much anyway, so the Americans wanting visual proof are kinda silly. Unless it's of those directly affected by 9/11, then I could see why they want to visually see the bastard dead. Closure, etc.
This times a thousand.

But I'll add on, I would daresay that Osama would of been better kept alive, and tried on an internation court, rather than be killed. That Osama death has no significant benefits to America and you could argue hurt America. Even if he was killed, I would not advice making it publicly known. To compare it is the same reason why Eisenhower did not let the public know that the U.S was winning the arms race and let the public believe that the U.S was rather losing it. Because when you make an opponent lose face, you force their hand. Expect retaliation, not because he was killed, but to save face in their community. Nobody in leadership is going to deny retaliation and risk losing face in their network.

Tim Static

Adminerator
The pics of his body and of them throwing his body into the sea will be released, from what ive read and saw in different interviews/articles.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Also check this out:

Pictured are:
1. Vice President Biden
2. President Obama
3. Air Force Brigadier General Marshall Webb
4. Deputy National Security Advisor Denis McDonough
5. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
6. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
7. Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
8. National Security Advisor Thomas Donilon
9. Chief of Staff William Daley
10. Antony Blinken, National Security Adviser to Vice President Biden
11. Audrey Tomason, Director for Counterterrorism
12. John Brennan, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
13. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper

take from here: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/05/picture-of-the-day-inside-the-situation-room-the-day-bin-laden-died/238219/

What I find very amusing, is that on the radio this morning (Random station, of course) they were discussing how bin Laden being dead will allow us a decreased price at the pump. How does that make sense? What does the death of bin Laden have to do with our gas prices?

I could understand if we "took over" Libya and were able to transfer more oil from there, but really? Bin Laden being dead isn't going to somehow help our economy.. Unless, of course, the US is going to take advantage of the situation and make some more enemies... Either way, it's great that he is no longer alive. We have a little less to worry about, but it won't change much. We eliminate one enemy and gain another. I wouldn't mind prices at the pump going down, even though here in Minnesota the average is still under $4 a gallon. It's the highest it's been since Summer 2008 though.. Not sure how gas prices are in other parts of the states, but I can imagine places like California are probably damn near $5.

All I can say is... the government will tell us what we want to hear. They will deny hundreds of soldiers deaths, and when a death toll is 50 they will most likely claim it as 10... They will deny any knowledge of Aliens when they probably have a book hidden somewhere with evidence that exist. I can't imagine taking over as President is an easy task, but it doesn't seem like anyone is fixing any of our issues. But remember guys, Obama claims to be the sole reason Osama was killed. As far as I know, Obama didn't pull the trigger... And it's not like he knew where Bin Laden was and sent a troop there to take him out.

P.S. Watch the documentary "Restrepo" if you haven't. Definitely a different aspect of things.

Radian

Noob
What I find very amusing, is that on the radio this morning (Random station, of course) they were discussing how bin Laden being dead will allow us a decreased price at the pump. How does that make sense? What does the death of bin Laden have to do with our gas prices?

I could understand if we "took over" Libya and were able to transfer more oil from there, but really? Bin Laden being dead isn't going to somehow help our economy.. Unless, of course, the US is going to take advantage of the situation and make some more enemies... Either way, it's great that he is no longer alive. We have a little less to worry about, but it won't change much. We eliminate one enemy and gain another. I wouldn't mind prices at the pump going down, even though here in Minnesota the average is still under $4 a gallon. It's the highest it's been since Summer 2008 though.. Not sure how gas prices are in other parts of the states, but I can imagine places like California are probably damn near $5.

All I can say is... the government will tell us what we want to hear. They will deny hundreds of soldiers deaths, and when a death toll is 50 they will most likely claim it as 10... They will deny any knowledge of Aliens when they probably have a book hidden somewhere with evidence that exist. I can't imagine taking over as President is an easy task, but it doesn't seem like anyone is fixing any of our issues. But remember guys, Obama claims to be the sole reason Osama was killed. As far as I know, Obama didn't pull the trigger... And it's not like he knew where Bin Laden was and sent a troop there to take him out.

P.S. Watch the documentary "Restrepo" if you haven't. Definitely a different aspect of things.
And I can at least see why they do it. It's a morale killer to hear about so many soldiers dying at war.

And I can at least see why they do it. It's a morale killer to hear about so many soldiers dying at war.
Oh definitely. I agree 100%, but they WILL bend the truth a little. I don't see why they would want to say they got Osama if they didn't, especially since it was such a random event. I also can see why they wouldn't tell us Aliens exist if they knew it to be true. They have to keep certain information from the general public for their own safety. However, most people would prefer realistic figures. Most people believe the news to be accurate, when in reality, things are a lot different than they portray.

Radian

Noob
Oh definitely. I agree 100%, but they WILL bend the truth a little. I don't see why they would want to say they got Osama if they didn't, especially since it was such a random event. I also can see why they wouldn't tell us Aliens exist if they knew it to be true. They have to keep certain information from the general public for their own safety. However, most people would prefer realistic figures. Most people believe the news to be accurate, when in reality, things are a lot different than they portray.
While I do personally prefer the truth, I do generally prefer the news and media to do what they do when it comes to certain situations like these. Not trying to sound snobby or anything but the general public is stupid and will flip all sorts of shit over something abnormal or dangerous when alot of times it's not even called for.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Exactly why we need to see it, 9/11 wasn't just an attack from him on tons of families in general in NYC, Philly, Washington etc but an attack on America...they should release it. I know some people are against it, but I know people personally who lost people that day, they have to see the sob with a bullet in his head for closure, so be it. I'm all for it.