What's new

Breaking Bad (SPOILERS!)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Something else I noticed. During the interview that Grey Matter had in the previous episode, they alluded to forgetting about Walt all together and moving on from his involvement...

In the segment in the final episode he basically ensured that they will never EVER forget about walt...and since they had to give the money to his family, they would even have to acknowledge him again to the media.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I will say this though season 4> season 5 which breaks the trend the show had of each season getting better than the last.

I think it will take a little bit for it to "Set in" before we make those assumptions. Also, we would have to watch season 5 in it's entirety. A lot of really good things happened this season...and I personally think the best episode of the series was during this season.

To me, season 4 had the best Heisenberg moments.

jaym7018

Noob
Something else I noticed. During the interview that Grey Matter had in the previous episode, they alluded to forgetting about Walt all together and moving on from his involvement...

In the segment in the final episode he basically ensured that they will never EVER forget about walt...and since they had to give the money to his family, they would even have to acknowledge him again to the media.
Well they donated a buncha money to drug abusers or whatever. Im sure they would do some announcement well before jrs 18th b day that they would do this for him. Im sure they didnt wait 10 months to announce they are giving him money.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Well they donated a buncha money to drug abusers or whatever. Im sure they would do some announcement well before jrs 18th b day that they would do this for him. Im sure they didnt wait 10 months to announce they are giving him money.

No, but they would have to wait at least the 2-3 months until Walt Jrs Birthday...per Walt's instructions.

jaym7018

Noob
No, but they would have to wait at least the 2-3 months until Walt Jrs Birthday...per Walt's instructions.
Jrs birthday was 10 months away. They would just announce beforehand we will be donating walter jr this money and it will be available to him on his 18th b day. Announce it a few weeks later then make the money available 10 months later when he turns 18. Like a trust fund.

jaym7018

Noob
who could connect him to anything?

he was never wanted before.... why would he be all of the sudden now?
Hes absolutely wanted lydia even says so to todd. Marie also knows hank was working with jesse im sire she told the dea that and once the dig up hank and gomez they will really want to find him. Some people on reddit also were able to decipher colums from the newspaper walt got in his hut. It said jesse pinkman was walter whites alleged accomplice and was presumed on the run.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Hes absolutely wanted lydia even says so to todd. Marie also knows hank was working with jesse. Some people on reddit also were able to decipher colums from the newspaper walt got in his hut. It said jesse pinkman was walter whites alleged accomplice and was presumed on the run.
thats great an all

but who can tie him to anything? I mean... I could call you Walt's accomplice..... but I gotsta have proof.
All that proof..... gone. With one fell Walter White swoop on some crazy redneck natzi's.

I think it will take a little bit for it to "Set in" before we make those assumptions. Also, we would have to watch season 5 in it's entirety. A lot of really good things happened this season...and I personally think the best episode of the series was during this season.

To me, season 4 had the best Heisenberg moments.
My personal opinion is that the following episodes are the best episodes in the series:

- Season 5, Episode 13 (To Ha'Jiilee)
- Season 5, Episode 14 (Ozymandias)

There was so much story, character development, twists in these episodes. As I was watching them, they felt so intense and unpredictable that I couldn't stop thinking about the show.

I think as a whole, the reason that Season 4 was so good was because first of all, Gus was an amazing villain. But they also had an entire season of build-up that led into it.

Season 4 had a lot of closure in a sense where I think you had a sense that everything could be alright in the Walter White camp and that he could possibly go back to living a normal life. Also the Gustavo Fring storyline was wrapped up.

Season 5 had to pack a lot of story into 16 episodes. In my opinion, the final (4) episodes of Season 5 are some of the best in the whole series.

With Season 5: Part 1 (8 episodes) were last year. We had the storyline that includes the Methylamine heist, Todd's character development, Mike's story, 'Say my name', etc.

jaym7018

Noob
thats great an all

but who can tie him to anything? I mean... I could call you Walt's accomplice..... but I gotsta have proof.
All that proof..... gone. With one fell Walter White swoop on some crazy redneck natzi's.
Uh when they sweep that meth lab at the nazis house and find pinkmans fingerprints everywhere. When they pick up the hand cuffs jesse was wearing and find his prints and connect him to todds murder. Do you even police bro? The gun jesse was holding also having jesses prints. The evidence is overwhelming.When they find jesses basement cell. Take your pick.

Uh when they sweep that meth lab at the nazis house and find pinkmans fingerprints everywhere. When they pick up the hand cuffs jesse was wearing and find his prints and connect him to todds murder. Do you even police bro? The gun jesse was holding also having jesses prints. The evidence is overwhelming.
The video of Jesse's confession as well.

Jesse also has no access to saul which means no vaccum cleaner guy. Jesses screwed.
The cleaner guy has also said he doesn't work with people twice. Jesse had already bailed once before.

Jonathan Banks mentioned that he would like to think that Jesse is the one that goes to take care of Brock.

Aaron Paul said he would imagine that Jesse would just drive until he runs out of gas.

I'd like to think he would find a way to reinvent himself, or live a new life.

jaym7018

Noob
The cleaner guy has also said he doesn't work with people twice. He had already bailed before.

Jonathan Banks mentioned that he would like to think that Jesse is the one that goes to take care of Brock.

Aaron Paul said he would imagine that Jesse would just drive until he runs out of gas.

I'd like to think he would find a way to reinvent himself, or live a new life.
Oh dude i hope hes in alaska carving boxes. But in reality hes probably a few days from getting arrested.

Also, since nobody else has mentioned it yet.

I really liked the scene when Walt shows up in Elliott and Gretchen's new place.

Some of the camera angles where he was hiding out in the back, dark lighting, very casually were great.

The scene where he signaled the 'snipers' really caught me off guard and got my adrenaline going.

Overall I really like what they did with that part of the story.

I also liked that Walt specifically requested that if there were any part of the money that he had provided was taxed, insurance, etc. That it be pulled out of the money that he provided.

I think in that regard, it was his sense of pride that the money came from something that he had built. To me, it was a call back to the episode in season 1 that he had never accepted a handout/pity from Elliott and Gretchen. I think that Walt had always resented their lack of acknowledgement of his contributions to their success.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Just finished watching it again. Soooooo good. I have so many emotions. I'm sad and yet happy at the same time.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
I just love how the only thing that managed to kill walter white was himself. Not the cancer, not Gus fring, the nazis, or even Jesse at the end. Walt when out on his own term which was what he wanted from the beginning of the series.

One last thing.

I also liked that Jack had one final moment/struggle where he grabbed a cigarette and made one last attempt to talk his way out of the situation by using the location of the money as leverage.

I think at that point, Walt had already 'made up his mind' about Jack's fate (ie: Hank: He already made up his mind 10 minutes ago).

It was also somewhat symbolic, because the location of the money was irrelevant to Walt. He already knew his own fate at the end of that day.