What's new

Breaker system in MK10

C-Sword

Noob
What kind of breaker do you want for MK10?

Same as MK9? Clash like in Injustice? Or something similar to Killer Instinct with Counter Breaker?

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
You guys are fucking crazy if you thought MK9 breaker was fine. What made the top tier so good was the fact that they could build meter so well, and break whenever they wanted to.

I'm not a fan of the clash either because of how it puts you back midscreen and at full screen. And the wagering life thing was weird too.

It should be like MK9, but it needs to be limited.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
You guys are fucking crazy if you thought MK9 breaker was fine. What made the top tier so good was the fact that they could build meter so well, and break whenever they wanted to.

I'm not a fan of the clash either because of how it puts you back midscreen and at full screen. And the wagering life thing was weird too.

That means the breaker IS fine, the problem is how quick/easy meter was built. An adjustment for the meter building is needed, not breaker in your case.

E

Eldriken

Use MK9's and maybe tweak/revamp it a bit or just lower overall meter gain capabilities.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

What you have a problem with is the meter building not the actual breaker. Characters like Kabal could build mad meter from doing ridiculous shit, which was a character/meter building problem. The actual breaker idea(use two bars) was solid.

E

Eldriken

There were too many breakers in MK9. Make it similar but do something to limit their occurance.
Reduce meter gain from all sources is all I can think of.

Don't gain as much meter for using specials, taking damage, having your attacks blocked, etc.

The MK9 breaker system is fine- the problem is the meter system causes breakers to overshadow EX moves in a very unfortunate way.

1 breaker only costs the meter equivalent to 2 EX moves. For many characters who don't have amazing EX moves, its not worth it to spend any meter on them at all given 1 breaker can save you from 40% damage.

They might need to do something like move to Injustice's 4 bar system, and have a breaker cost 3 bars, x-ray cost 4, and EX moves cost 1

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
There were too many breakers in MK9. Make it similar but do something to limit their occurance.
Too many breakers? So you would rather combo after combo with no way out like MvC or something? I think building meter should be slown down just a tad, but I'm glad NRS doesn't actually listen to us about gameplay mechanics.

KingOko

Was it good for you?
Yeah Im down for the MK9 breaker system, just change up how fast characters build meter. Injustice has a nice meter system but the wager mechanic sucks imo. I just want to be able to stop my opponents combo and not have to worry about me still loosing health because my opponent has more meter. Thats stupid. Its like ur in a lose lose situation sometimes, I broke ur combo...but can still loose up to 30%...yeah...thats bullshit.

E

Eldriken

How about it doesn't let you break the combo unless you have the 2 bars when the combo started?
See, now that's a good idea in my opinion. I don't know how many people will agree with that or think it's ass backwards, but it's most certainly a different take on things. I'm all for that.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
The MK9 breaker system is fine- the problem is the meter system causes breakers to overshadow EX moves in a very unfortunate way.

1 breaker only costs the meter equivalent to 2 EX moves. For many characters who don't have amazing EX moves, its not worth it to spend any meter on them at all given 1 breaker can save you from 40% damage.

They might need to do something like move to Injustice's 4 bar system, and have a breaker cost 3 bars, x-ray cost 4, and EX moves cost 1
Regarding your first line, I think most people wanted breaker to save their asses, which is the sensible thing to do. EX moves weren't all that good.

Regarding the rest of your post, I actually think that is a great idea. Add another bar to the 3 we already have. 3 for breaker 1 for ex is a solid move.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Too many breakers? So you would rather combo after combo with no way out like MvC or something? I think building meter should be slown down just a tad, but I'm glad NRS doesn't actually listen to us about gameplay mechanics.
Actually I'd like it if it was more like the BURST system in GG/P4A.

E

Eldriken

I don't play those games, so I can't make a comment, BUT you did just post a good idea about not breaking unless you already had the two bars. I like that. +1
He just might be on to something with that idea, huh?

lol, Cyrax would like that. Starts a combo when the opponent has no bars that leads into a reset where they're like 1% away from having two bars and they can't break and they lose their first health bar. Yeah, eff that.

People would be deathly afraid to ever break against Cyrax (this is assuming the MK9 breaker system worked like that) because they'd be absolutely fucked afterwards if they got hit again.