What's new

Brainiac Living Guide Thread

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Any set ups for his trait that leave him plus against tech roll? Seems his trait is a massive gimmick otherwise as storing it and being negative doesn't do shit if you have to immediately block a normal or projectile on wake up and then immediately lose the trait.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Still just screwing around with friends but does instant air dive kick feel really stupid fast, strong and ready to do right off the bat? None of this means shit after four hours but I can't say I haven't noticed it's immediately easy to be one annoying prick right off the bat.

I feel at home.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
So his trait can combo if the first is held down till his hand hits his side then press B again to instantly release the other. Works for both air and ground trait. IDK how this can be used tho....you can even make the air combo with the ground but air has to go first.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
I was playing some sets with a friend last night, and found that f2d1 is an extremely effective tool at near full-screen range. The f2 whiffs of course, but the d1 has ridiculous range and hits low, and the 3 ender can still hit at all but the farthest ranges. This is also faster than doing something like a forward dash into his ankle poke tentacle.

I hit my friend with this a few times, then explained exactly what I was doing and why I thought it was effective, and he still never did anything about it. I think people just get excited that they're out of your b1 effective range, and have trouble reacting to this fast fullscreen low.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
F2d1 is amazing around a background bounce, he launches meterlessly for good damage off a low. Obviously same goes for his amazing d1 and b12 string. I think every brainiac main should be very wary of what stage they're paying on. Always switch stage of there's no background bounce.

Also just a side note, I switched my 4 button (trait) to the L2 button and it makes his trait shenanigans a breeze to pull off

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Can confirm, F1D2~drone is great. Really helps keep pressure on from full screen (scarier than just B1B2~Drill) and can lead to shenanigans like @YoungTeezy 305 described. F3 afterwards catches a lot of people

Aramonde

Noob
I'm having trouble timing B3 after MB sidekick. You do it to early it does come out, to late and it doesn't land. Any tips to land it consistently?

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I'm having trouble timing B3 after MB sidekick. You do it to early it does come out, to late and it doesn't land. Any tips to land it consistently?
I wish I had something more helpful, but you just kind of have to learn the timing. It's annoying. I think you can mash it if you want, but that will land you in trouble eventually.

I had (have) the same problem with the shoulder charge after the B3. Often do it a little too fast and just stand there like a goon.

All the pieces of Brainiac's BnBs are like that. Even after landing the shoulder charge, there is a slight beat before you want to input the 2,3, throw or 1,2~lash. A lot of other characters are kind of loose and you can just squash through the combo (played a bit of Batman and was surprised how easy it is to learn his BnBs), but not Brainiac.

The price of genius is high standards.