What's new

Brainiac Living Guide Thread

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
wouldn't it just eb a free combos breaker If you could release the drone on block or does it have a special animation that would require you to stop blocking
It would be, so yeah, being able to release it on block would be too good. But you actually lose the drone altogether if you block anything. So you pretty much can't use it in the neutral game.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
wouldn't it just eb a free combos breaker If you could release the drone on block or does it have a special animation that would require you to stop blocking
If you are holding a drone to use in the future, if you block any hit...that held drone disappears...if the opponent attacks, it's gone...kind of like Batman's where you press trait and he has the Bat on him, then press again to send the bat...but if you get hit before you send the bat, you lose it...it's like that...

FinalBoss_FGC

Okay guys, pre-release info on trait:

Trait goes away if you block or you get hit whether it is stored or actively on the screen.

They made Brainiac's offense revolve around trait, including maintain safety, zoning, combo continuation, and maintain spacing.

But it goes away if they throw a projectile and you don't completely avoid it...

Also I'm sure push block gets rid of it, too.

Trait would be good for characters that didn't rely heavily on it...but since Brainiac seems as if he will, it's trash.

THEY MAY FIX THIS SHIT ON DAY 1 PATCH SO NOT ALL HOPE IS LOST BUT I'M NOT PUTTING ALL MY EGGS IN THAT BASKET

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Brainiac looks boring honestly all of his coolest moves are gear related, they should have at least made those ground sparks a part of his standard moveset. Also that divekick just seems lazy and it doesn't fit him at all.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Okay guys, pre-release info on trait:

Trait goes away if you block or you get hit whether it is stored or actively on the screen.
Wow, that's really unfortunate. Seems like you really have to take advantage of his air mobility in order to avoid the opponent's projectiles. Doesn't seem like he'll be able to zone with it in neutral.

FinalBoss_FGC

Wow, that's really unfortunate. Seems like you really have to take advantage of his air mobility in order to avoid the opponent's projectiles. Doesn't seem like he'll be able to zone with it in neutral.
Its not that it doesn't seem, it straight up wont.

It'll be oki pressure and end block strings with then back dash away.

I'm sure I can make him kinda work but he's at such a disadvantage already.

Maybe day 1 patch will change it

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Wow, this is really disheartening. Looking at it kit it seemed like EVERYTHING was based around storing a drone and using it to extend combos or make is strings safe. If it goes away on block, you'll almost never have it when you need it. He still has great air mobility and reach, but if none of it converts into damage, it won't matter.

Losing hype :(

Jrax118

Noob
Even the Scorpion like Harpoon should be a standard move. How are you supposed to do damage with this character?

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Guess we'll just have to see. Hearing that air game and cross-ups are wild, so I'm hoping his apparent weakness in other areas is compensated by having real dirt elsewhere.

Even the Scorpion like Harpoon should be a standard move. How are you supposed to do damage with this character?
Kind of feel the same way. I mean, a simple, no-flash, meter dependent combo extender isn't too much to ask for.

FinalBoss_FGC

Tbh, thinking about only one drone is what makes me restrict myself...but taking a few hours away spending the afternoon with the wife made me look at it more relaxed.

You can send traits quickly. I feel like off of hitstrings or block strings, send trait then store trait in rapid succession might work well. Probably won't really be a neutral tool but will definitely help his offense.

Brainiac will probably play slow and methodical early in a match then once you get knockdown and trait, it's on.

Once you get his trait shit going, he may be really, really hard to deal with. Like...very hard. No reason not to use block string~drone send, drone store then use that drone to Yolo shoulder rush or swing.

Will have to see how it plays out...but Brainiac could be a constant offense character with a lot of pressure once his trait game starts