What's new

Boon Confirms, No Demo for Mortal Kombat X

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
I'm disappointed by this news but not really all that surprised. Demos just aren't a thing anymore for the most part. And now with things like shareplay why do we even need one? Other than getting our early fix of course. ;)

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
At first I was gutted, then I realised I'd rather my first impression of playing MKX to be based on playing the final product.

If anyone here is seriously "on the fence" about whether or not they're going to buy MKX, I think they're on the wrong site.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
In all regards this was decided a while ago...
Things are not the same where without a demo you won't get to try it before you buy it... If it does end up with a timed play or demoish thing it will be after the game goes gold...
One main reason demos are rare is besides the studies showing it accually hurts sales is that download size limits are a thing also and are very hard to get around ms and Sony wise... This game is 60fps 1080 and gorgeous in person.. Maybe they could fit a mirror match...
But it also costs time and $ to make... If having a demo meant one less character or the game comes outs weeks later would you still want it?
This is the same reason(download sizes) that dlc characters will still not have alts... Unless they get real creative or have major demand to release them separately get ready to be disappointed...

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
In all regards this was decided a while ago...
Things are not the same where without a demo you won't get to try it before you buy it... If it does end up with a timed play or demoish thing it will be after the game goes gold...
One main reason demos are rare is besides the studies showing it accually hurts sales is that download size limits are a thing also and are very hard to get around ms and Sony wise... This game is 60fps 1080 and gorgeous in person.. Maybe they could fit a mirror match...
But it also costs time and $ to make... If having a demo meant one less character or the game comes outs weeks later would you still want it?
This is the same reason(download sizes) that dlc characters will still not have alts... Unless they get real creative or have major demand to release them separately get ready to be disappointed...
good explanation, now lets just move on from this whole no demo thing. whats done is done.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Noooo now how am I going to sweep the potential release tourney at GameStop?! I'm not good enough to just go in blind, I was counting on that demo for practice.
This.

I was planning on mastering whichever character appealed the most for that free PS4 at my GameStop.

Now I'll have to go in as some random Day 1 scrub mashing. :mad:

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'm glad there is no demo. I want to be surprised by the gameplay.

What? You'd be surprised no matter what since, regardless of the date/build, you'll be playing it for the first time. Either way there's the option of you just not playing it until release date but still having a demo for people that do want to play it.

I don't get this one, why did MK9/IGAU have demos but not MKX? My best guess is they can't allocate resources to making a demo build for new gen and instead are putting all effort into the retail game.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
This.

I was planning on mastering whichever character appealed the most for that free PS4 at my GameStop.

Now I'll have to go in as some random Day 1 scrub mashing. :mad:
Whoa now, I dont know about a free ps4. I got like 20 bucks credit at mk9 one. If they gave away a free ps4 Id shit a chicken.

But yea if all else fails just go in with scorpion and chuck random spears. I just need a bnb to carry me. For that release party I had just perfected the easy spear-double popup- jk tele throw combo. I looked like PerfectLegend to the dumbfounded people there I was tearing up LOL!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Whoa now, I dont know about a free ps4. I got like 20 bucks credit at mk9 one. If they gave away a free ps4 Id shit a chicken.

But yea if all else fails just go in with scorpion and chuck random spears. I just need a bnb to carry me. For that release party I had just perfected the easy spear-double popup- jk tele throw combo. I looked like PerfectLegend to the dumbfounded people there I was tearing up LOL!
Haha damn, that's funny. Niceee. Yea they're giving a PS4 here not far from my house. I had my mind set on grinding out Cassie nonstop until release for the release tourney. You're right though, I don't even play Scorp or Sub but I'm tempted to go back to MK9 and practice them some. It'll be different but they can't be that different in X.

I think because of what happened with my and injustice is the reason why we won't have a demo...hackers shouldn't of hacked both games lol. Serves us right.