What's new

Block button y/n

Would you prefer Injustice with a block button?

• Yes

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Dont give a f*ck

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
I don't think it would hurt the game at all if you could assign block to one of the shoulder buttons. Not gonna change the fact that dashing is far from free. Defense would still be hard.
Good point. It would be awesome if u had the choice yourself to have a block button or not.
(I have no idea if this would play a big factor in the game, but i personally would like it)

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Good point. It would be awesome if u had the choice yourself to have a block button or not.
(I have no idea if this would play a big factor in the game, but i personally would like it)
It would be a problem because a bunch of cry baby purists have it in their brain that it somehow changes the game to have a block button as an option lol. The only problem at all would be that holding the block button wouldn't have a response from the character on screen.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yes, I am sick of MK9 styled zoning with back to block, it just makes it so OP and so annoying to work with. In other fighting games, the projectiles at least cancel each other out and are not as fucking crazy as they are in MK9. In Marvel, you at least have 3 characters.
To be fair, I think they should've added projectile trading, I mean...they took hold back to block from SF. Why not take projectile trading as well? Could've just kept the chip.

It's not like projectile trading makes zoning invalid in SF.

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
I miss being able to cancel my dash into block with a button, it's definitely would've helped against the 11+ characters who are either very zoning oriented or have really good projectiles, plus the three with tracking low moves.

No block button makes me more aggressive and less defensive in my gameplay. I like it.
Really, it does the opposite to me, I can't dash in because I'll keep getting hit with projectiles and shit.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I miss being able to cancel my dash into block with a button, it's definitely would've helped against the 11+ characters who are either very zoning oriented or have really good projectiles, plus the three with tracking low moves.

Really, it does the opposite to me, I can't dash in because I'll keep getting hit with projectiles and shit.

I guess it's more of a mental thing than anything. I was so used to hitting the block button in MK when getting pressured and then looking for an opening.

I guess it helps that I play as Aquaman mostly and know that I have trait to get me out of a combo early if I get in a bad spot.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It`s the one thing I despise about an otherwise amazing game. So I press down to block low. Fine. And then I try to make a read on an overhead and go to block it, but he doesn`t attack, so I`m forced to start walking back because of that? Screw that, man.
Think about it like this, you create space while attempting to block the overhead.

When you put that into perspective, you'll probably appreciate it more.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's usually down AND back to crouch block. Down only to block low removes the threat of mids and it's actually bad for some characters like Batman who loses his cross up because it hits high.

I don't like it.
False. He loses his divekick. His normal jump ins are overhead.

Think about it like this, you create space while attempting to block the overhead.

When you put that into perspective, you'll probably appreciate it more.
Not necessarily in stuff like the Deathstroke matchup where you would want to stay on him rather than move back. That might be true part of the time but if you're playing against a zoner or someone with further reaching normals you would rather be closer

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
I guess it's more of a mental thing than anything. I was so used to hitting the block button in MK when getting pressured and then looking for an opening.

I guess it helps that I play as Aquaman mostly and know that I have trait to get me out of a combo early if I get in a bad spot.
Lucky you, 2 of the character's I play don't really have a way to get in, which wasn't a problem of mine in MK (tho i did play jax, so that also might have something to do with it)

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
I too miss my block button, injustice would have been heaven to me with a block button, but i m not worried about it either way, i will always have MK9. injustice is a filler game for me until MK10 is released anyways

There's no block button in injustice, stop complaining, this topic was taken care of like a year and a half ago when they decided on the game. it's not mk, dont beg for it to be like mk, just play and learn the game.
Stop complaining

Also the OP is wrong. Injustice has MK, SF, Marvel, Anime, tekken, and kof players as well as dc fans and casual players. Dont just assume because it's made by nrs that it's mostly mk players.

Edit: Stop complaining

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
There's no block button in injustice, stop complaining, this topic was taken care of like a year and a half ago when they decided on the game. it's not mk, dont beg for it to be like mk, just play and learn the game.
Stop complaining

Also the OP is wrong. Injustice has MK, SF, Marvel, Anime, tekken, and kof players as well as dc fans and casual players. Dont just assume because it's made by nrs that it's mostly mk players.

Edit: Stop complaining
it's not complaining, it was said in the top post i believe that this is just a discussion, there is no need to even say that. i have some spare chill pills i would send you some if you like

it's not complaining, it was said in the top post i believe that this is just a discussion, there is no need to even say that. i have some spare chill pills i would send you some if you like
There's no reason to have this discussion though. It's like having a discussion of, "would MK9 be better if you could pushblock?" who cares it's a feature that's not in the game,it was never going to be in the game, and it's not going to be in the game in the future. That's what makes this complaining. It's not "waa this game sucks because no block button" it's "waa nrs, your executive decision to make this its own game is not to my tastes." Still complaining, but more passively.
Injustice needs proximity blocking. In Capcom games, when you are close to an enemy's hitbox, you will stop walking backwards while stand blocking.
no it doesnt need that, capcom games need that because that's an element they expect, but injustice is its own game. plus it's only been out for a week, how can you say what it needs or doesnt need. Just play the game and enjoy it.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Mikemetroid kinda summed it up nicely. MK style zoning moves with b2b are a pain to deal with. Thats about all there is to say.

DJ L Toro - c'mon man, relax! :) How many theory threads have we had about mk9? I really don't see that changing with Injustice.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
There's no reason to have this discussion though. It's like having a discussion of, "would MK9 be better if you could pushblock?" who cares it's a feature that's not in the game,it was never going to be in the game, and it's not going to be in the game in the future. That's what makes this complaining. It's not "waa this game sucks because no block button" it's "waa nrs, your executive decision to make this its own game is not to my tastes." Still complaining, but more passively.

no it doesnt need that, capcom games need that because that's an element they expect, but injustice is its own game. plus it's only been out for a week, how can you say what it needs or doesnt need. Just play the game and enjoy it.
none of that changes the fact that the people posting in the thread want to talk about it, they want to discuss it, i am not finding where it makes a difference, and also, even if someone in this thread did feel like "complaining" that is up to them to express how they feel about it, that's why this is called a forum, it is to discuss not only strategy,tech, and useful information, but also to express opinion's about these games that this forum covers.

anyways I am out, shout out's to MK9 block button :cool:

Uh no. I'm free to criticize the game as I please. Stop being a douchebag.
I'm not saying you cant criticize it, i'm saying your criticism is stupid. You're holding an NRS game (and the first of its kind) to a capcom standard. NRS has no obligation to meet a capcom standard and it would fundamentally change the type of game that they were trying to make.

Mikemetroid kinda summed it up nicely. MK style zoning moves with b2b are a pain to deal with. Thats about all there is to say.

DJ L Toro - c'mon man, relax! :) How many theory threads have we had about mk9? I really don't see that changing with Injustice.
fair enough, i just think that shit like this holds the community back because instead of bettering themselves in the game they play or even raising legitimate issues like bugs (and there are a lot of them in this game), infinites (there's at least one), or whatever, these people are complaining about apples not tasting like oranges.

kronspik

Noob
I'm not saying you cant criticize it, i'm saying your criticism is stupid. You're holding an NRS game (and the first of its kind) to a capcom standard. NRS has no obligation to meet a capcom standard and it would fundamentally change the type of game that they were trying to make.
Okay? What's wrong with suggesting features that work incredibly well for Capcom in a game like Injustice that already adopted a lot of features from other fighting games? If you're going to add a feature like back-to-block, it should also come with the modern advancements that have been developed for that feature over the past couple decades.

Injustice isn't immune to all criticism just because it's a new IP.

aba1

Noob
Me and my friend were discussing this topic the other day and we found it came down to 2 different things. If you like holding back to block you likely prefer it because you find it faster and maybe a bit more responsive while people who prefer the button like having the stronger control. If you have a button you can choose whether you want to be moving back or blocking so you have less restrictions but at the cost of reaction times.

So it really comes down to preference. Personally I vastly prefer the button. I can't stand back to block at all because I just find it rarely works for me. It is the thing I actually hate the most about the game I really wish we had a choice. Again just my preference.