What's new

Block button y/n

Would you prefer Injustice with a block button?

• Yes

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Dont give a f*ck

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
I miss it... i know it sounds abit stupid to say this early, but i do.
Hopefully when i adapt, it will make me a slighty better player overall.

Im curious, since most of us come from MK, and not SF or Tekken...
What are your thoughts?

Runiix

I play fighters with a Block Button.(MK , SC , SSB) and for IGAU I just don't see it happening. Let it be its own game.
Oh yea, i dont see it happening either.
I know there will never be a block button in this game, i just thought it would be a good discussion.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Oh yea, i dont see it happening either.
I know there will never be a block button in this game, i just thought it would be a good discussion.
I chose my words poorly. I meant I can't imagine IGAU gameplay with a Block Button. Even though I know it will solve a lot of input mishaps when punishing. But that's a design flaw on the moves themselves. Kind of like CSZ's bombs in MK

Runiix

It`s the one thing I despise about an otherwise amazing game. So I press down to block low. Fine. And then I try to make a read on an overhead and go to block it, but he doesn`t attack, so I`m forced to start walking back because of that? Screw that, man.
Yes, "so I`m forced to start walking back because of that?"
i hate that. atleast back on the PS2 with Tekken 5, when u stood still u were actually blocking.. my friends plays Deathstroke, so when i get close and i think he will do the sword air cartwheel, or w/e it is, or the f3, im moving back and then he dashes backwards course that was his plan all along, and he keeps zoning -.-

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
It`s the one thing I despise about an otherwise amazing game. So I press down to block low. Fine. And then I try to make a read on an overhead and go to block it, but he doesn`t attack, so I`m forced to start walking back because of that? Screw that, man.

You don't have to. This is the beauty of B2B, blocking is instant so no more clunky ass block-release frames to worry about. Just train your reactions to stop HOLDING back, just tap then react accordingly.

Runiix

You don't have to. This is the beauty of B2B, blocking is instant so no more clunky ass block-release frames to worry about. Just train your reactions to stop HOLDING back, just tap then react accordingly.
Something like that is also what i meant with "hopefully it will make me a better player overall" - U just explained it better than i would have done lol

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Yes, I am sick of MK9 styled zoning with back to block, it just makes it so OP and so annoying to work with. In other fighting games, the projectiles at least cancel each other out and are not as fucking crazy as they are in MK9. In Marvel, you at least have 3 characters.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
No. If anything they shouldnt of made down to block both ways. This eliminated true crossups, which I was excited for.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
It makes mids pretty much useles.

Mayo brings up another point as well.
Yes! Mids is another issue here. If you`re crouching, hoping to duck a high, there`s absolutely no threat of being clipped by a mid at all! The only thing that can hit you is an overhead. So what`s the point?

Runiix

They should get rid of down to block. Hate that shit.
Do u mean if u only press down, and then u automatically block?
How else would u block lows without a block button?

(sorry, im not an expert fighting gamer, im not quite following lol)

RYX

BIG PUSHER

It's usually down AND back to crouch block. Down only to block low removes the threat of mids and it's actually bad for some characters like Batman who loses his cross up because it hits high.

I don't like it.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

D+B. Back to block means always holding back.

Runiix

It's usually down AND back to crouch block. Down only to block low removes the threat of mids and it's actually bad for some characters like Batman who loses his cross up because it hits high.

I don't like it.
Ah alright, thats true. didnt actually think of that, so when u are just pressing down, the only thing that can hit u is an overhead, that is actually kinda silly.
And if u can react the your opponent doing an overhead, and u press back instead of down, he will miss the overhead aswell... lols

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

I don't like it.
I was really excited about back to block for real crossups. Damn you NRS.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I don't think it would hurt the game at all if you could assign block to one of the shoulder buttons. Not gonna change the fact that dashing is far from free. Defense would still be hard.