What's new

Block button y/n

Would you prefer Injustice with a block button?

• Yes

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Dont give a f*ck

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters
As a player of the Flash it sucks to fight a zoner and they keep jumping back using projectiles and you try to block them and can't make any progress.

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
I dunno why people are talking about complaining.
As one guy said, i wrote it was just an interesting topic for discussion, because i know MOST (not all) of us come from an MK background, since tym was mainly a MK forum.
I myself used to play loads of Tekken on ps2, but i still prefer all the stuff MK has, and that includes the block button.
I think u should be able to stand still and block, that is the biggest problem... As the guy above said, it sucks when u are "rusher" type character, or atleast one who requires to be in your face, that u have to walk away from zoners, to not get hit by their zoning fireballs.

But i am not complaining, i just loved the block button in MK and i think it is a shame that its gone. Especially because there are lots of room left on the controller, and i still think the option should be there for people who prefer it. Just because its an nrs game doesnt mean there should be a block button no, but the choice would be nice to have.
I created this topic to get some feedback from the community, and just by making this thread i have gotten alot of great tips on how to become more comfortable with the back block.

I hope people still wanna discuss this, and keep giving great tips for us who miss the block button. I havent been on this site for a while course i stopped MK some months ago, so its great for me to come back to the community and seeing that people discuss pretty much every topic there is...

And for you people who rage, u should press no on the vote, and leave it to that... Because since it is an open forum, and we wanna discuss every aspect of the game, we are allowed to discuss and speak our opinions on whatever the game has to offer.

Pros
Cons
Difference from other fighting or generally nrs game
The same stuff they brought along
etc.

:)

Having a block button would eliminate crossups. That is why it cant be assigned to a button. Crossups are one of the primary aspects of offense in this game, so there will never be a block button.

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
Having a block button would eliminate crossups. That is why it cant be assigned to a button. Crossups are one of the primary aspects of offense in this game, so there will never be a block button.
Yea, as i already said...
"i know there will never be a block button in this game, i just thought it would be an interesting discussion"

Although I did love the block button in Mortal Kombat, I feel that Injustice would play much differently if there was a block button. The block button made it much easier to punish in my opinion. Also being able to dash block in would make it much easier

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I have been able to adapt nicely and I feel it as being more comfortable to use. A block button was fine and it took a lil while for me stop trying to press my MB button to block, but now its almost a natural feel and I'm quite happy they didn't go with a block button.

Mortal Kombat was one of the first games I ever played as a kid, and believe me, I abused that block button to no end. I basically just crouched and pressed block whenever my older brother tried to pull a combo on me, lol. I was like 7, though. I really like the fact that there is no block button in Injustice, as many have said. I think it makes it a lot harder to button mash and spam block, which means you need more strategy and skill to be successful in the game. I wrote a first impressions post for a website I'm involved in called The Nerd Cave (http://www.thenerdcave.com/gods-among-us-first-impressions/) if you want to see my full on thoughts, but overall, the block button has no place in Injustice and I'm glad to see it go.

Sami

Noob
Injustice is the first fighting game I've played properly that doesn't have a block button, mainly because outside of MK I played a lot of 3D fighters (Virtua Fighter, DOA and Soul Calibur); I've generally avoided most Capcom fighters. Took me a while to adjust but I'm happy with back-to-block now. Granted I play a character who likes a bit of space so the constant back-pedal isn't much of an issue :).

Krafty Matt

KraftyMattKraft
Coming from Virtua Fighter, I miss it. "Back" Blocking does not seem to engage as easily as it does with games like Street Fighter, and I am eating a lot of shots.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

With maneuvers like air dash and dive kicks the direction of blocking becomes difficult so I'm on the side of having a block button, but the back blocking does seem to bring more players from the capcom scene to a nether realm game