ReZo

MKX
Aqua-5-5
Deathstroke-6-4
Doomsday-6-4
Arrow-6-4
Lantern-5-5
WW-5-5 (could become 4-6 in the future)

What makes the Lantern and WW matchup 5-5?

Also on GL, Say he does his low to overhead, is there anything you can do to punish it? Beside the D1 interrupting before the overhead hits, is it punishable if you block both hits? I havn't found anything, my best friend mains GL, after the overhead is blocked, BA gets into what I consider one of the worst positions against Lantern. Backdash is caught with Lift, jump is caught with lift, B2 is caught with lift. If you stay still, you got to guess right on what his next move will be, whether it be the B1 low poke, or F3. Not close enough for a D1, 11 or a 22.

I'd love your take on this.

Have you fought a high level WW player? I think the matchup is 4-6 already like your saying, Just havn't spent time in the lab against WW to test what to punish

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
What makes the Lantern and WW matchup 5-5?

Also on GL, Say he does his low to overhead, is there anything you can do to punish it? Beside the D1 interrupting before the overhead hits, is it punishable if you block both hits? I havn't found anything, my best friend mains GL, after the overhead is blocked, BA gets into what I consider one of the worst positions against Lantern. Backdash is caught with Lift, jump is caught with lift, B2 is caught with lift. If you stay still, you got to guess right on what his next move will be, whether it be the B1 low poke, or F3. Not close enough for a D1, 11 or a 22.

I'd love your take on this.

Have you fought a high level WW player? I think the matchup is 4-6 already like your saying, Just havn't spent time in the lab against WW to test what to punish
You can interrupt B12 with uppercut for full combo. D2 trait 11 BM b23 1+3 is like 28% i think and you can do it while blocking the regular b13 if they do it. Bait lifts and punish and when you hit him, hit him hard. His zoning can be annoying but the keepaway game favors adam. Just stay blocking low up close and guard the mixups and you should be fine.

I fight A Foxy Grandpa online and its really tough. He wins more than i do partly cause he might be better but he agrees that she has an advantage.

ReZo

MKX
You can interrupt B12 with uppercut for full combo. D2 trait 11 BM b23 1+3 is like 28% i think and you can do it while blocking the regular b13 if they do it. Bait lifts and punish and when you hit him, hit him hard. His zoning can be annoying but the keepaway game favors adam. Just stay blocking low up close and guard the mixups and you should be fine.

I fight A Foxy Grandpa online and its really tough. He wins more than i do partly cause he might be better but he agrees that she has an advantage.

Thank you, I'll keep grinding the matchup out, Hope to see you at CEO

Joker8417 AK Smarrgasm Qwark28 smokey Vulcan Hades @OtherBladams

Okay I've been running the Supes matchup a lot....A LOT lately and I've either burned myself out on this fucker, or it could be in Supermans favor. He just seems like one of those characters that has a style of zoning that can't get punished, so you have to get in to play him. But Superman seems to be an easier whiff punisher on you. Supes backdash gets him at perfect f23~breath space to make sure you'll whiff just about everything if he gets a good dash.
Also divekick shouldn't even be an option in this match.

6-4 Supes?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Okay I've been running the Supes matchup a lot....A LOT lately and I've either burned myself out on this fucker, or it could be in Supermans favor. He just seems like one of those characters that has a style of zoning that can't get punished, so you have to get in to play him. But Superman seems to be an easier whiff punisher on you. Supes backdash gets him at perfect f23~breath space to make sure you'll whiff just about everything if he gets a good dash.

6-4 Supes?
I think it's 5-5. All lasers can be jumped and dive kick punishes. Ex laser with the overhead might be different but I don't think it is. Back dash escapes all his f23 ice breath nonsense, so he has to make reads to get hits. I also think Superman's pressure is honestly a bit overrated. Although it's solid, it's completely reactable and some of it's punishable.

I think it's 5-5. All lasers can be jumped and dive kick punishes. Ex laser with the overhead might be different but I don't think it is. Back dash escapes all his f23 ice breath nonsense, so he has to make reads to get hits. I also think Superman's pressure is honestly a bit overrated. Although it's solid, it's completely reactable and some of it's punishable.
Great Christ, maybe I burned out on Superman bullshit haha. I noticed after the Wakeup buff, supes gets away with a lot more shit on wakeup. I miss being able to stuff him out of Scoops with b2 all day :/
You're probably right about 5-5 haha, I still have the Reptile tendency to downplay I guess.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

6-4 Supes?
6-4 Adam IMO.

air zoning punishable by 48% divekick combo, fullscreen your zoning is safe because he cant get to you in time on reaction while you can divekick him on reaction. F23 is very easy to escape with a backdash and he cannot punish a backdash except MAYBE with a 8% laser.

superman either gets you in the corner or dies. in the corner hes golden with his air D3 and damage

midscreen you can punish air dashes for 45% on a read into oki, his only invincible wakeup is -22 and punishable for 55% while yielding only 30%

6-4 Adam IMO.

air zoning punishable by 48% divekick combo, fullscreen your zoning is safe because he cant get to you in time on reaction while you can divekick him on reaction. F23 is very easy to escape with a backdash and he cannot punish a backdash except MAYBE with a 8% laser.

superman either gets you in the corner or dies. in the corner hes golden with his air D3 and damage

midscreen you can punish air dashes for 45% on a read into oki, his only invincible wakeup is -22 and punishable for 55% while yielding only 30%
What are you using to punish his air dash?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What are you using to punish his air dash?
dont even remember the combo but it goes like this from what i do remember

jump forward air to air 1 B2 trait B2 ex lightning cage into b3 bnb or finish with a B2 1+3 if i dont remember correctly and you cant add a B3 afterwards

dont even remember the combo but it goes like this from what i do remember

jump forward air to air 1 B2 trait B2 ex lightning cage into b3 bnb or finish with a B2 1+3 if i dont remember correctly and you cant add a B3 afterwards
Awesome. Thanks man! Gonna try and apply this to my game. My usual a2a combo is like ji1 11 black magic b23 u1+3

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Can anyone give me a detailed explanation of why Wonder Woman may have the advantage on Bladam? I'd be very grateful.
Jumping opponents already hurt this character, but with WW she has an air dash, 3-4 different air projectiles, a dive kick and an airborne psycho crusher. So she pretty much just stays in the air and waits for Adam to screw up, then she punishes him. I don't think it's her advantage though because I mean technically he can do the same thing to her really. I would say it's 5-5.

Jumping opponents already hurt this character, but with WW she has an air dash, 3-4 different air projectiles, a dive kick and an airborne psycho crusher. So she pretty much just stays in the air and waits for Adam to screw up, then she punishes him. I don't think it's her advantage though because I mean technically he can do the same thing to her really. I would say it's 5-5.
Don't forget the corner. WW has a way better corner sexing than Adam, imo. Her b2 is a giant "nope" for Adam's escape.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
when i play foxy the corner doesnt bother me

in order for her to have full potential with her phasing through F3/ ground smash she must switch sides, if you react to that then you're out of the corner.

you should carefuly zoning wonderwoman and use your fast dash to bait whiffs and punish with ex divekick

when we all get the execution down for the 48% divekick combo then matchups will change, then youd only need 4 whiffs a game to finish your opponent off.

the only thing that makes this matchup 4-6 in here favour is her instant air torpedo which im currently finding tech against.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Need some further tips on Shazam. I know its in our favour but I'm having issues with punishing his atlas torpedo.

I find that Shazam who doesn't take many risks, and does an invincible wake up, torpedos and D3s all day is pretty hard to counter.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Need some further tips on Shazam. I know its in our favour but I'm having issues with punishing his atlas torpedo.

I find that Shazam who doesn't take many risks, and does an invincible wake up, torpedos and D3s all day is pretty hard to counter.
In a lot of cases standing 2 punishes, so you can do 22 trait cancel into 22 ex cage for a 50%+ punish, I think if he's going outside of the range of that then standing 3 or just throw are your punishes. It is only -12 on block and his spacing as he lands varies, so if done correctly it can be difficult to punish for Adam because most of his really good punishers that reach that far are at least 12 frames. The general strategy for the MU is just keep away. Throw out bolts and magic, and when you think he is getting too close you can just dive kick away. Shazam doesn't really have any good AA's so that really helps, but his air to airs are a different story, so if he makes a read he will probably be able to jump up and stuff it, but his damage isn't that scary so it won't hurt much even if he does guess right. wake up cage gets you out of all of his crazy setups too.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
In a lot of cases standing 2 punishes, so you can do 22 trait cancel into 22 ex cage for a 50%+ punish, I think if he's going outside of the range of that then standing 3 or just throw are your punishes. It is only -12 on block and his spacing as he lands varies, so if done correctly it can be difficult to punish for Adam because most of his really good punishers that reach that far are at least 12 frames. The general strategy for the MU is just keep away. Throw out bolts and magic, and when you think he is getting too close you can just dive kick away. Shazam doesn't really have any good AA's so that really helps, but his air to airs are a different story, so if he makes a read he will probably be able to jump up and stuff it, but his damage isn't that scary so it won't hurt much even if he does guess right. wake up cage gets you out of all of his crazy setups too.

Oh absolutely, I win 95% of the time but I feel like I can't quite counter this strategy he has.

What tends to happen is, he wakes up fully invincibly, and hes at a ranged where I don't feel confident I can zone due to the risks. And a lot of times, I try to puhish torpedo, I eat D3s.

And weirdly... I've had my wake up cage stuffed quite a few times by F22. Not sure if that eats wake ups or something.