What's new

Match-up Discussion Black Adam Matchup Discussion

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Can you post a video so I can see it for myself? One thing that gives me particularly too much trouble is that annoying sword spin thing where he jumps in the air toward you. That stupid move beats every aerial move there is plus it has a ridiculous hitbox, it even catches you if you are behind him, and not only that but it pushes him so far back on block that it's very difficult to punish. What is the best way to punish it? I tried b2, 3 but either I am too slow or there just isn't enough time to punish with it.
22 is the best thing to punish it with. The 48% divekick combo he is talking about is super strict but doable but i choose not to use it. I use 11 trait b23 up 1+3 for my ex dive kick combos. 39% and pretty easy to hit 10/10 times.

Skitzo

Noob
Can you post a video so I can see it for myself? One thing that gives me particularly too much trouble is that annoying sword spin thing where he jumps in the air toward you. That stupid move beats every aerial move there is plus it has a ridiculous hitbox, it even catches you if you are behind him, and not only that but it pushes him so far back on block that it's very difficult to punish. What is the best way to punish it? I tried b2, 3 but either I am too slow or there just isn't enough time to punish with it.

Why do you need a video of a ds doing non aerial gunshots & adam reacting to his gunshot in the air with a mb divekick? It's straight forward

Skitzo

Noob
22 is the best thing to punish it with. The 48% divekick combo he is talking about is super strict but doable but i choose not to use it. I use 11 trait b23 up 1+3 for my ex dive kick combos. 39% and pretty easy to hit 10/10 times.

22. Thank you based yellow shirt

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Why do you need a video of a ds doing non aerial gunshots & adam reacting to his gunshot in the air with a mb divekick? It's straight forward
I meant a video of some high-level Black Adam versus Deathstroke, not just for this one thing but for general strategies and such.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You can punish it for 55% using B23.

Video of what? Whenever you block a projectile of his you get a free dash.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
You can punish it for 55% using B23.

Video of what? Whenever you block a projectile of his you get a free dash.
Ok then, I guess it's true what they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself. And so I did. I just went into Practice mode and came up with the following easy punishers for Sword Flip (which is -21 frames on block):
  • 2, 2, 3 (3 hits, 11% damage)
  • f+2, 3 (2 hits, 15% damage)
  • 2, 2 ~ Black Magic, Lightning Strike (6 hits, 16% damage)
  • 2, 2 ~ Black Magic, b+3 (6 hits, 16% damage)
  • 2, 2 ~ Black Magic, b+2, 3, u, 1 (8 hits, 20% damage)
  • 2, 2 ~ Black Magic, b+2, 3, u, 2 (8 hits, 20% damage)
  • 2, 2 ~ Black Magic, b+2, 3, u, 3 (8 hits, 20% damage)
  • 2, 2 ~ Black Magic, Lightning Strike MB (8 hits, 22% damage)
  • 2, 2, b+1, Lightning Storm MB (8 hits, 22% damage)
  • 2, 2 ~ Black Magic, 2, 2, b+1, Lightning Storm MB (12 hits, 22% damage)
  • 2, 2 ~ Black Magic, b+2, 3, u, 1+3 (10 hits, 23% damage)
  • 2, 2 ~ Black Magic, 2, 2, b+1, Super (14 hits, 32% damage)
  • 2, 2 ~ Black Magic, Super (11 hits, 33% damage)
  • 2, 2, b+1, Super (9 hits, 35% damage)
All of the above were tested in the middle of the ring. Some of them will not work if your back is against the corner because in that case his pushback on block is even bigger (which is yet another broken bullcrap, but oh well). The above list is by no means complete. My goal in coming up with it was to include mostly easy to perform punishers. Feel free to add to it.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Ok then, I guess it's true what they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself. And so I did. I just went into Practice mode and came up with the following easy punishers for Sword Flip (which is -21 frames on block):

• f+2, 3 (2 hits, 15%damage)
All of the above were tested in the middle of the ring. Some of them will not work if your back is against the corner because in that case his pushback on block is even bigger (which is another broken bullcrap, but oh well). The above list is by no means complete. My goal in coming up with it was to include mostly easy to perform punishers. Feel free to add to it.
The best punisher is simply 22 orbs b2 ex lightning cage b3 j3 b23 u1+3 (55?)

Or for no meter 22 orbs b23 11 BM b23 u1+3 (44?)

ReZo

MKX
The best punisher is simply 22 orbs b2 ex lightning cage b3 j3 b23 u1+3 (55?)

Or for no meter 22 orbs b23 11 BM b23 u1+3 (44?)

I tested this myself just to make sure.

Sometimes on DS swordflip, especially a wake-up one where you would expect to use this combo the most, if you are holding block before he gets up, which you should be, then at the end of a blocked sword flip, the spacing is enough for the first hit of the 2,2 to miss, which allows just enough frames for DS to block it. This happens about 20% of the time, but, I am the type that wants 10/10.

B2 will always connect 100% of the time.

So taking your first combo for instance and flipping it to my liking for accuracy.

B2, orbs, 22, EX Lightning Cage, B3, j2, b23 u1+3 (53% 15 hits) I choose the j2 for the sole purpose that it hits my opponent up higher than the j3, allowing me the extra split second to get a guarenteed B23 u1+3, rather than rushing it off of the j3 and messing up in the heat of the moment.

Although I personally prefer this one for it being a 10/10 for me.

B2, Orbs, 22, EX Lightning cage, B23 u1+3 (46% 13 hits) 10/10

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
  • f+2, 3 (2 hits, 15% damage)
  • 2, 2 ~ Black Magic, Lightning Strike MB (8 hits, 22% damage)
All of the above were tested in the middle of the ring. Some of them will not work if your back is against the corner because in that case his pushback on block is even bigger (which is yet another broken bullcrap, but oh well). The above list is by no means complete. My goal in coming up with it was to include mostly easy to perform punishers. Feel free to add to it.
His best move is B2, why are you ever using anything else on a far away move that's -21 or so? Some of your combos use 1 bar for almost a third of the damage you'd get with adam's basic B23 bnb.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
C'mon Qwark don't be so harsh :p

He was just testing what would be the best punishers fro swordflip and he shared that info, prolly he didn't knew how good b2 is. Yeah, most of them are poor in terms of damage and meter usage, but at least he shown initiative and proactivity, thats something to praise. Now with the input of you guys on this matter he'll see that there are better options :)

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
His best move is B2, why are you ever using anything else on a far away move that's -21 or so? Some of your combos use 1 bar for almost a third of the damage you'd get with adam's basic B23 bnb.
Because b2 is harder to connect, especially online. The start-up frames on b2 are 17 while 2, 2 is 11 and f2, 3 is 10. I was playing some Deathstroke scrub online last week and I kept trying b2, 3 after blocked Sword Flip and my success rate was maybe 10%.

Again, my goal was to come up with consistent, fast, and easy punishers for Sword Flip. I was not going for the most damage.

And thank you Nevan.

ReZo

MKX
Because b2 is harder to connect, especially online. The start-up frames on b2 are 17 while 2, 2 is 11 and f2, 3 is 10. I was playing some Deathstroke scrub online last week and I kept trying b2, 3 after blocked Sword Flip and my success rate was maybe 10%.

Again, my goal was to come up with consistent, fast, and easy punishers for Sword Flip. I was not going for the most damage.

And thank you Nevan.

In mine and smarrgasm's post, he listed the 22 starter and I listed the B2 starter.

Have it noted that the 2,2 starter only works about 80% of the time, if you are too far away from deathstroke, the first hit of the 22 will whiff, allowing him to block the rest of the combo.

B2 is explained in my post above as being 100%, because of its reach, which is why I told you that one. Honestly you can hold back while getting hit with the sword flip and mash B2 while playing online, and it will always come out.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Scorpion teleport punishes?

Just bothered to look myself, it seems you can link a B2 successfully with the right timing on the ground. Barring that, in the air I do, B2 trait, 11 black magic, B23U1+3 for 37%

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Just bothered to look myself, it seems you can link a B2 successfully with the right timing on the ground. Barring that, in the air I do, B2 trait, 11 black magic, B23U1+3 for 37%
How far in front does he land? If you can link B2 you can definitely link standing 2 if close enough. That could still get you a 55% punish too. 22 xx T 22 xx Ex Cage b3 j3 b2 u 1+3.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
If you wanna risk it 11 can punish him as he gets back on the ground for full 50%+ combo. If you dont wanna risk that i just AA him with 11 Trait b23 1+3 for 33%

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
So did they stealth nerf lightning or is the frame data just wrong at -12? P Board was telling me about this last night and I haven't been able to get into training mode to test it yet.

Error

DF2+R2
So did they stealth nerf lightning or is the frame data just wrong at -12? P Board was telling me about this last night and I haven't been able to get into training mode to test it yet.
Some frame data values were adjusted, some still wrong though.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
It was -13 so thats not a nerf. Some of his moves were off by 1. Lightning cage and hands are now -2 and ex cage is +4 now.

ReZo

MKX
Scorpion teleport punishes?

The best punish I've found that is guaranteed to work for both regular and (Air) teleports, is done while scorpion is still spinning in the air, right after you block the teleport.

22, Lightning Cage MB, 11, orbs, B23 U1+3 ((43%) 14 Hits)