What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Nope but the AI on reversal automatically back dashes out if there is a hole in Black Adams trait into normal. It is quicker than corps charge and has invincibility and the grab is hitting.
How do you figure out when you have a guaranteed throw like after B2~trait?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Something quite important to take note of;

Wagering resets you to midscreen.

Vs someone who can pressure you and make your life hell in the corner, you can just take a hit and wager, it will put you midscreen after the clash, with maybe a small pushback to the loser, but they will be on the other side of the screen to you and have to fight back in through black adams zoning.

Getting cornered vs a good Bane or Grundy can usually end in death, so this is really good for certain matchups, especially Grundy as you cant wager his grabs after the initial hit anyway!

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Still new here, having a lots of trouble understanding how this game works :|

So after blocked 113 or b23, what should I be doing to mixup/frame trap? I noticed in the video thread someone mentioned to stop doing d1~shock, but what else is possible? I feel like d1~shock is the only thing to convert from. Any info would be appreciated.

Also, I feel like 22~trait is terrible on block... i'm always unable to press ANYTHING after it. If the person blocking just mashes a button, they beat me out of things -__-

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Something quite important to take note of;

Wagering resets you to midscreen.

Vs someone who can pressure you and make your life hell in the corner, you can just take a hit and wager, it will put you midscreen after the clash, with maybe a small pushback to the loser, but they will be on the other side of the screen to you and have to fight back in through black adams zoning.

Getting cornered vs a good Bane or Grundy can usually end in death, so this is really good for certain matchups, especially Grundy as you cant wager his grabs after the initial hit anyway!
i want to add that by pressing MB during a blockstring you activate pushblock for the price of a bar.

sets you both at jump distance, giving you a minimum of a close lightning bomb.

Tim Static

Adminerator
It's working now Tim, sorry for the late reply. Not sure if it was a temporary issue or if you guys fixed it. Whatever the case is, thanks a lot :)
Didn't do anything. I was just trying to verify the problem lol. but glad the problem is gone.

Error

DF2+R2
Still new here, having a lots of trouble understanding how this game works :|

So after blocked 113 or b23, what should I be doing to mixup/frame trap? I noticed in the video thread someone mentioned to stop doing d1~shock, but what else is possible? I feel like d1~shock is the only thing to convert from. Any info would be appreciated.

Also, I feel like 22~trait is terrible on block... i'm always unable to press ANYTHING after it. If the person blocking just mashes a button, they beat me out of things -__-
You basically have to do d1xxshock times a million to get your opponents to respect that option, then you can start using other things in your pressure to mix them up (throw, b1, b2, 3, normalxxtrait), and don't even bother trying to get randoms to respect frame traps, just d1xxshock them to death and wait for the hate mail.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
You better start mentioning, i got like 38 with trait!
yeah it's pretty hype. I messed around with it a lot last night, and I can't remember the one that did that much, but I will go back through and see if I get it and post it up. I know I got one that was like f3 instant air dive kick 11 trait b2 3 u 1+3.