What's new

Best Ermac Player?

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
I'm all for watchin that and if it happens it better be streamed or ill be pissed lol.But I dont like the US vs EU thing.Why cant it be just great players vs great players.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Couldnt see them all cause the video just kept freezing all the time and it wouldnt load. But i managed to see your fight against a Kabal and Smoke.Generally you played well, just dont use ex moves as a WU attack and dont use at all EX teleport.Not worth the meter.Against Kabal try to outzone him after a successful TKP dont rush him in.Against Smoke to be honest its a pain in the ass cause generally in my opinion its a MU in Smoke's favor.Just try and punish him hard for any mistakes he does.You played generally really good.Oh and btw dont waste EX special moves in combos unless you go for the kill.Its not worth it.Oh and one more thing.You need to use more throws :) And against Smoke a good tip i can give you is almost always finish your combos with F4 for a setup and a free jump.I believe that midscreen and fullscreen he is much more dangerous than in close range.Couldnt see your other matches unfortunately :(
Thanks for takin ya time out and watchin bro. I did use alot of meter for no reason at times. Ill lab my combos up wen im home and see what I can fix.. That suggestion about finishing with f4 will definitely be put into combos tho. I saw another ermac doing it at the tournament so I challenged him and I noticed it seems to be an almost guranteed throw. If its not lemmie kno asap! I appreciate your input metz as well as yours slim! Fuck a tier list tho. I can promise that sooner or later an ermac will win a major! We work too hard not to get him there. Lets keep labbing him up gents. And Pig thanks for the support man!

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Hmm I was watching Kamikaze's match against kabal and there was a part when kabal's ND went right through ermac during a d3.Not sure if this is known already or what but I need to test this out.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Thanks for takin ya time out and watchin bro. I did use alot of meter for no reason at times. Ill lab my combos up wen im home and see what I can fix.. That suggestion about finishing with f4 will definitely be put into combos tho. I saw another ermac doing it at the tournament so I challenged him and I noticed it seems to be an almost guranteed throw. If its not lemmie kno asap! I appreciate your input metz as well as yours slim! Fuck a tier list tho. I can promise that sooner or later an ermac will win a major! We work too hard not to get him there. Lets keep labbing him up gents. And Pig thanks for the support man!

No problem m8 was just sad that i couldnt see anymore of your matches cause the stream was lagging like hell.I ll just wait for a while till it calms down a bit or try to find other links (probably YT links that are not lagging).

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Hmm I was watching Kamikaze's match against kabal and there was a part when kabal's ND went right through ermac during a d3.Not sure if this is known already or what but I need to test this out.
Yea that shit was crazy, but u kno its the same thing wit jaxs ground pound? Normal ground pound whifs on d4 I believe and not d3. It was crazy when I saw it happen cuz I never knew

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
It's known "feature" of Nomad dash; many chars who lower their hitbox when doing d3 or d4 can highcrush that move, even EX version (Kabal lights up on this meaning that d3 hits him and armor absorbs the move, but the Nomad dash whiffs :) )

zaf

professor
really wish i was able to make it out to american tournies...
Montreal has a huge video game community in general and arguably the most popular of Canadian cities. But the community here is so bad now. We have like 5 people at max who want to play this game. Our Street fighter community is huge, but our mk scene is pretty dead =[

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
Best Ermac I've ever seen live/on stream has to be Metzos hands down.

Unreadable
Cant jump against him
Cant get near him

His only weakness is reptile :p
reptile is an easy match up for easymac, you just need to read the dashes. but i agree with you. im gonna look up wat i can find on his gameplay and pick ermac up again

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
reptile is an easy match up for easymac, you just need to read the dashes. but i agree with you. im gonna look up wat i can find on his gameplay and pick ermac up again
Reptile is not an easy match for (rofl) "Easymac". He is his worst MU actually with Kabal and Raiden. Plz dont say such things...

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Reptile is not an easy match for (rofl) "Easymac". He is his worst MU actually with Kabal and Raiden. Plz dont say such things...
i had the same sentiments. Thanks metzos..
Hey I got another tournament today! It should be streamed.. They arent ready for 'Us' they are but one! Haha I wanna take one for us Ermac faithful

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
[MENTION=3024]zaf[/MENTION] aye u got any videos? I want to play you. See wat u can do.. U goin to any tournaments out here?

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
If you guys wanna see videos, Zaf and myself can record some matches of us playing tonight

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
1:28:49 I only used him once when I needed him.

I'll get some more practice time with him before SCR, but I'm still getting new Cyrax tech since hes my main.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
I see u havent got rusty with mac.. I like the way u zone with him, I rush a whole lot more and much differently.. I liked the unblockable feint to 31 lift.. I been trying to incorporate that ibto my game but I catch them more a different way.. Good shit representin mac! Even if it was jus for a sec..

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I see u havent got rusty with mac.. I like the way u zone with him, I rush a whole lot more and much differently.. I liked the unblockable feint to 31 lift.. I been trying to incorporate that ibto my game but I catch them more a different way.. Good shit representin mac! Even if it was jus for a sec..
I actually don't like the Cyrax/Kitana matchup. So I always go to Ermac for it.

zaf

professor
i dont know man, your video really isnt doing it for me. it looks the same as all your other videos
- a lot of / too much jumping/ jump in punches.
- over usage of 3,1 ( these people you play do not punish you and let you get away with that string)

kitana was hitting you and aa-ing you so much. so many times i counted you trying to jump out of block strings and just getting hit.
or just jumping in and getting hit out the air. ermac has more then one way to get in, not only jumping.
these was practically no footsies at all.

the same 3,1 block string. I don't know if it is the people you play but 3,1 is a bad idea to loop. Maybe these people do not know how to punish that string. can be punished right after 3 hits. Maybe kitana can't punish after the 3, she has to wait.
But after 3,1 most characters can poke out.

But you did like b114 once or twice i saw. needs more of this.

i saw zero usage of f4. might of missed it, but i didnt see this.
almost no grab attempts.

i dont see why you are jumping around so much and trying the same block string over and over when you can just go for grabs.
i dont like your spacing/zoning either. especially in this match up when you can abuse fireball and tkp much better then this.

just dont like how you play ermac, just me though

i also do not see why you are trying to "rush" with ermac when you should be playing a much more patient game and waiting for them to come to you.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
i dont know man, your video really isnt doing it for me. it looks the same as all your other videos
- a lot of / too much jumping/ jump in punches.
- over usage of 3,1 ( these people you play do not punish you and let you get away with that string)

kitana was hitting you and aa-ing you so much. so many times i counted you trying to jump out of block strings and just getting hit.
or just jumping in and getting hit out the air. ermac has more then one way to get in, not only jumping.
these was practically no footsies at all.

the same 3,1 block string. I don't know if it is the people you play but 3,1 is a bad idea to loop. Maybe these people do not know how to punish that string. can be punished right after 3 hits. Maybe kitana can't punish after the 3, she has to wait.
But after 3,1 most characters can poke out.

But you did like b114 once or twice i saw. needs more of this.

i saw zero usage of f4. might of missed it, but i didnt see this.
almost no grab attempts.

i dont see why you are jumping around so much and trying the same block string over and over when you can just go for grabs.
i dont like your spacing/zoning either. especially in this match up when you can abuse fireball and tkp much better then this.

i also do not see why you are trying to "rush" with ermac when you should be playing a much more patient game and waiting for them to come to you.
Those people are some of the best players in the country, mind you. The reason why there was so much risk coming from both players is because Shords is one of my training partners, so we are both in each others heads, we know what we have practiced repetitive times on a weekly basis and we know our own strategies.

Anyhow, this is how you play the kitana match-up. You cant just get close, you look for opportunities when you are being rushed down, and you level the playing field when she is trying to zone you out, by zoning her out and leveling up your meter.

That match also got me into Winners Finals that day.

Also, not rushing down is you playing the same typical generic Ermac people are used to. This is not his only attribute as a character, he is better than that. Just as a tip, do use and figure out some of his best pressure stats, because they work. And believe me, if I was given a choice to lock my opponent down or grab him. I'll take the lock down option. Its got me top 8 at two different majors, so I think it works... lol

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap

Ermac has the ability to rushdown and confuse his enemy and for someone playing as him to disregard this is severely handicapping their game. If you step in and mix it up with them then back off and bait them to follow will only lead them to more mistakes. To be completely honest I hate seeing ermacs that dont go in and rushdown. They ALL play the same and they get really predictable. There arent too many fellow ermac users I havent bodied and exposed. They try and hide a half screen away and try to push and, ugh....., wake up lift.. This is a call to all ermac players! Mix it up! Stop bein so damn boring! Cuz I know that once we play and I get in on a 'patient' ermac I wont let him out. And that, as we all know, is ermacs biggest weakness.
Ermacs need to get in, draw some blood and wen they want space just tkp their ass out

zaf

professor
I completely understand both of you. Ermac can be much better then just zoning and i am aware of this. I don't nesecarily rush down with ermac but I get in and harass the opponent, force them to make mistakes while keeping them locked in stagger/resets.
I know his potential and many of his pressure strats. I just do not think 3,1 is one of them anymore as he can be hot out of that string so easily.

I didnt know you and your opponent in the match both trained with eachother so the randomness makes more sense now, as well as the risk taking.