What's new

Beliefs, Non-Beliefs, Worldviews and Philosophy v2.0

I was banned from TYM for a whole month.
Why?
Out of my enthusiasm after Kano's reveal, I used the word " F*gs ".
Anyway, 5 minutes later I thought that even if it was just an expression, it could be offensive to someone, so I came back to edit my post. Too late though, I was already banned without a warning.

The context of my post never implied anything against homosexuals of course…. Also, being 2 years in TYM, I've never shared or supported any hostile view against people of different sexual orientation, skin color, political or religious beliefs, etc.

I would like to know If any of TYM's homosexuals were actually offended, or the Mod who banned me loves to be a cop.

Thank you.

I agree. This is why I don't like intolerant Atheists. :rolleyes:

Objectively, atheists are ultimately useless and serve no purpose other than hate, spread hate and reject/spit on other people's beliefs/spirituality. They have every right not to believe in a god. But when they look down on theists and try to convince believers that what they believe in is "wrong" or "stupid", then atheists prove they aren't worth anyone's attention or respect. Because they become no better than cult extremists.

Atheists base their disbelief on lack of proof, saying things like "I'll believe in god when I see him/her/it or when science proves him/her/it". Of course, anyone with an IQ higher than 60 understands that science and empiricism cannot research, prove or disprove anything that is of the metaphysical realm. Whether these primitive atheists are aware of it or not remains uncertain to me. Regardless, they continue to believe that matter is all that matters and that there is no such thing as a human soul, a designer, a purpose to life or an afterlife. So being atheist is essentially accepting to live a meaningless materialist YOLO life with no purpose or spirituality.

So again, Atheism is an utterly useless and pointless doctrine with no other purpose than hating on, discrediting and devaluing other cultures and their spiritual beliefs. It is unneeded and it is more cancerous than all religions combined. Considering its only goal is to provoke, agitate, increase tensions and encourage theists to adopt more extremist positions to defend their views and their fundamental rights.
in which sad world do you live? i am atheist and the only thing that i can say to your post is: WTF
:D

yeah i am atheist and i respect peolpe who are religious. of course only if they dont disturb me :D

Rodrigue

Spongerod
when thinking about the present, i will sometimes think to myself...

if i were an old man on my death bed looking back on today, would i be happy to die, or regret i didnt make today better?

i sometimes think, well im 24 my life is like 30% over, i better make this day count

not sure if i want kids or to enjoy my own life and learn, study, and appreciate the universe oh and NRS games
Max you're so deep, I can see Adele rolling in you.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I think therefore I am.
This is actually a really interesting point.

What's even more interesting though is the criticisms of that phrase.

For instance, yes someone/something is doing the thinking but how do you justify the logical step that it is in fact you (or I) doing the thinking? What's not to say that we and our thoughts are not merely the product of someone else's imagination. Therefore the fact that 'we' think serves only to prove that something is thinking; it doesn't prove that we exist.

Another criticism, probably easier swept under the rug, is the jump that thinking = existing. How do you prove that thinking is a property of existing?

It's all interesting to think about.
I agree. This is why I don't like intolerant Atheists. :rolleyes:

Objectively, atheists are ultimately useless and serve no purpose other than hate, spread hate and reject/spit on other people's beliefs/spirituality. They have every right not to believe in a god. But when they look down on theists and try to convince believers that what they believe in is "wrong" or "stupid", then atheists prove they aren't worth anyone's attention or respect. Because they become no better than cult extremists.

Atheists base their disbelief on lack of proof, saying things like "I'll believe in god when I see him/her/it or when science proves him/her/it". Of course, anyone with an IQ higher than 60 understands that science and empiricism cannot research, prove or disprove anything that is of the metaphysical realm. Whether these primitive atheists are aware of it or not remains uncertain to me. Regardless, they continue to believe that matter is all that matters and that there is no such thing as a human soul, a designer, a purpose to life or an afterlife. So being atheist is essentially accepting to live a meaningless materialist YOLO life with no purpose or spirituality.

So again, Atheism is an utterly useless and pointless doctrine with no other purpose than hating on, discrediting and devaluing other cultures and their spiritual beliefs. It is unneeded and it is more cancerous than all religions combined. Considering its only goal is to provoke, agitate, increase tensions and encourage theists to adopt more extremist positions to defend their views and their fundamental rights.
Lol.

Really? Wow. Who wrote it then?
Men trying to control other men. We know already that it was written by men, Christians just make the (extraordinary) leap that some divine God inspired it.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
This is actually a really interesting point.

What's even more interesting though is the criticisms of that phrase.

For instance, yes someone/something is doing the thinking but how do you justify the logical step that it is in fact you (or I) doing the thinking? What's not to say that we and our thoughts are not merely the product of someone else's imagination. Therefore the fact that 'we' think serves only to prove that something is thinking; it doesn't prove that we exist.

Another criticism, probably easier swept under the rug, is the jump that thinking = existing. How do you prove that thinking is a property of existing?

It's all interesting to think about.

Lol.

Men trying to control other men. We know already that it was written by men, Christians just make the (extraordinary) leap that some divine God inspired it.
Rich men, poor men ramen, what type of men?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Rich men, poor men ramen, what type of men?
What do you mean? The bible was written by a hodgepodge of different authors over several hundred/thousand years. It has some beautiful poetry, some great epic narratives and some interesting fables/morals. But you know, so does Harry Potter. In terms of historically truthful accounts there is very very little in the bible. There are some nice stories, and some absolutely horrendous ones, but it's just a book. Nothing special about it beside the fact that it's old. It's certainly not the word of God, and if it is, God is a jealous, conniving, vindictive, petty, vengeful, hateful deity and I don't want anything to do with him.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
What do you mean? The bible was written by a hodgepodge of different authors over several hundred/thousand years. It has some beautiful poetry, some great epic narratives and some interesting fables/morals. But you know, so does Harry Potter. In terms of historically truthful accounts there is very very little in the bible. There are some nice stories, and some absolutely horrendous ones, but it's just a book. Nothing special about it beside the fact that it's old. It's certainly not the word of God, and if it is, God is a jealous, conniving, vindictive, petty, vengeful, hateful deity and I don't want anything to do with him.
It was written by many different people over many centuries but is so well put together. All of the books go hand in hand with each other. I just don't see how an uninspired worthless book can so that.

And what did God do so bad that makes you so hateful.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It was written by many different people over many centuries but is so well put together. All of the books go hand in hand with each other. I just don't see how an uninspired worthless book can so that.

And what did God do so bad that makes you so hateful.
All of the 'books' were selected hundreds of years after they were written to be included in the bible. Also, they go horribly together. So many contradictions between different stories, complete lack of flow in certain parts, little continuity... have you actually read the bible?

Also, I don't hate God, I just don't believe he exists. You can't hate something you don't believe in. I don't hate unicorns or Santa Clause either.

And I'm not a hateful person at all. I'd like to think most people who've met me in person would agree. But if you want a reason for why I would dislike/hate God if he was real and I met him, he made me gay then told his followers to deny me rights and treat me with hatred/disdain. Before you go on the whole, 'Not all Christians! Don't generalise!' tirade, I'm not generalising. If the bible is his word, then it denounces homosexuality. That some Christians chose to interpret the bible differently is irrelevant. If it was truly the infallible word of God there would be no way to misinterpret it.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
(flame shield activate) we're all just mutant gold miners for the ant people guys, the holy books were made by our ''masters'' to teach us how to live cause they weren't arsed . :p

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
All of the 'books' were selected hundreds of years after they were written to be included in the bible. Also, they go horribly together. So many contradictions between different stories, complete lack of flow in certain parts, little continuity... have you actually read the bible?

Also, I don't hate God, I just don't believe he exists. You can't hate something you don't believe in. I don't hate unicorns or Santa Clause either.

And I'm not a hateful person at all. I'd like to think most people who've met me in person would agree. But if you want a reason for why I would dislike/hate God if he was real and I met him, he made me gay then told his followers to deny me rights and treat me with hatred/disdain. Before you go on the whole, 'Not all Christians! Don't generalise!' tirade, I'm not generalising. If the bible is his word, then it denounces homosexuality. That some Christians chose to interpret the bible differently is irrelevant. If it was truly the infallible word of God there would be no way to misinterpret it.
The Bible never said to hate gays. Show me those contradictions. There is continuity. I'm not buying into the whole born gay/straight thing yet. And have you read it

God forbid human values evolve over time. There's a lot of things we consider ridiculous and unacceptable now but that will become accepted 100 years from now or vice versa. You can't generalize all religious people in the present for how people viewed the world 2000 years ago. Yes, a minority of people still think the earth is flat, that earth came before the sun, that dinosaurs never existed, that evolution doesn't exist and that gay people should be "cured". Just like a minority of white people are super racist and still think they have superior genes.

What's funny is that most atheists I know are extremely intolerant, close minded, and even more racist, homophobic and sexist compared to the religious people I know.

Seriously religious people are some of the most awesome and human people you could ever find. They have so much compassion, empathy and respect for all living creatures. They are extremely generous and extroverted. They really make the best friends.

As the saying goes: "once you try a religious bitch you can't go back to an atheist bitch!" LOL

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I don't mean to offend anyone here but I think that this, for the most part, is true, sadly

I believe in loving others disregarding their race, religion, sexual orientation etc...
When I first meet someone, I never ask about their religion nor their sexual preference... In fact, I never ask about these stuff anyway because it wouldn't make any difference to me in the first place. Some people I already met here might know that.
However, call it what you want but I have a huge preference for gamers and people who like food (preferably Mexican) lmao
It's not true for the MOST part, it's what you see get through the mass media because negativity gets more clicks. That's why I get so annoyed when people see a vocal minority(regardless of their faith) and group everyone in with the hate mongers. My dad's church isn't about that. In fact, he does the complete opposite. He goes out of his way to take in people that are rejected from other churches because they're the ones that need the most help, not the fake ones who show up just to dress up and say "I went to church today." so they can feel superior to non-believers:

Jesus is A Bunch of bullshit lol. The bible was just made to control people
This is the kind of crap that got the other threads closed. Way to set an example.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The Bible never said to hate gays. Show me those contradictions. There is continuity. I'm not buying into the whole born gay/straight thing yet. And have you read it
I never said the bible said to hate gays. I said it denounces homosexuality.

As for contradictions:

Matt19:26 said:
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Judges 1:19 said:
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Mark 15:25 said:
And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.
John 19:14-16 said:
…about the sixth hour…they cried out…crucify him….Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified.

2 Kings 24:8 said:
Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months.
2 Chronicles 36:9 said:
Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem…

2 Samuel 6:23 said:
Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death
2 Samuel 21:8 said:
But the king took…the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul

James 1:13 said:
for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.
Gen 22:1 said:
And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham…

There's just a few of the many found in the bible. Are you sure you've read it before?

EDIT:

As for the whole, 'not buying into being born gay/straight' thing, have you ever had gay feelings before? Because if sexuality is a choice why don't you show everyone how easy it is to change yours and show us you can be gay for a year. Because trust me, I tried everything in my teen years to change my sexuality, fat lot of good it did me.

Last edited:

Rodrigue

Spongerod
It's not true for the MOST part, it's what you see get through the mass media because negativity gets more clicks. That's why I get so annoyed when people see a vocal minority(regardless of their faith) and group everyone in with the hate mongers:

This is the kind of crap that got the other threads closed. Way to set an example.
I hope you're right, but as a Christian myself living in the middle east, I see preachers and pastors spreading homophobia and hate everyday unfortunately. I'm not saying that all of them are bad, just a big majority. The facebook post you shared is heartwarming even though there's one little detail I don't agree with but we'll leave that for later as it might derail the thread.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I hope you're right, but as a Christian myself living in the middle east, I see preachers and pastors spreading homophobia and hate everyday unfortunately. I'm not saying that all of them are bad, just a big majority. The facebook post you shared is heartwarming even though there's one little detail I don't agree with but we'll leave that for later as it might derail the thread.
Oh, well I can't speak for the Middle East, just America. I've lived pretty much everywhere except the Midwest and can attest to the hateful Christians being a vocal minority.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
That would be the ex-gay bit yes? It's not de-railing to point it out :) That's actually the whole point of this thread hahaha.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I'm sure it's the ex-gay part. What bothers me is that people are so adamant about it being ingrained in EVERYONE, and can't accept the fact that others can change their minds. So, let me get this straight: you can change religions and that's fine, but it's impossible for someone to stop being gay or convert to homosexuality?

I'm taking a Gender Communiciation class, and we learned that a certain sector of feminists would become lesbians just to fit in with their new communes. I'm not saying there aren't people born gay, but it's quite ridiculous to act like switching over is an impossibility.

NKZero

Noob
I'm an atheist because everything religion is based on is man-made. All books, stories, folklore, are made by man and are just stories.
Muslims believe that the Qur'an is the direct word of God (Allah). I guess that's what differentiates it from the Bible or the Torah. For them, the Qur'an is the undisputed truth and is their main source of belief and following. Also the Qur'an is much less about storytelling and more about morals from said stories or generally more advice giving and info about the ways in which lives should be lived etc.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm sure it's the ex-gay part. What bothers me is that people are so adamant about it being ingrained in EVERYONE, and can't accept the fact that others can change their minds. So, let me get this straight: you can change religions and that's fine, but it's impossible for someone to stop being gay or convert to homosexuality?

I'm taking a Gender Communiciation class, and we learned that a certain sector of feminists would become lesbians just to fit in with their new communes. I'm not saying there aren't people born gay, but it's quite ridiculous to act like switching over is an impossibility.
My problem with the ex-gay movement isn't that it suggests that it's possible to change your orientation. My problem with it lies in the fact that ex-gay therapy is harmful, psychologically damaging, rarely successful and even in cases where successful conversion is purported to have occurred, the individuals are still aroused by and sexually attracted to members of the same sex. In essence, it doesn't work and there are numerous negative side effects associated with ex-gay therapies.

Also, even if it was a choice, why the hell should it matter?

I'm pretty sure people are born straight or gay. However it's possible you don't fully realize it the first X years of your life.

Sexuality is "fluid" as they say. People who think are homosexuals can explore their sexuality and eventually find out they like both males and females so they "find out" they are bi. They don't change or decide to go from gay to bi because they never were gay to begin with. They just didn't know they were born bi.

Same thing with people who want to believe they are straight but later realize they actually aren't interested in the opposite sex at all.

Now, could you hypnotize/brainwash/reconfigure someone's brain into believing they have changed their sexual orientation? MAYBE. I mean I've seen a lot of weird shit related with hypnotism so it wouldn't surprise me. But if it's possible, it should remain a person's choice to change it (because they feel unhappy with how they were born) not something we should impose to all homosexuals.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
My problem with the ex-gay movement isn't that it suggests that it's possible to change your orientation. My problem with it lies in the fact that ex-gay therapy is harmful, psychologically damaging, rarely successful and even in cases where successful conversion is purported to have occurred, the individuals are still aroused by and sexually attracted to members of the same sex. In essence, it doesn't work and there are numerous negative side effects associated with ex-gay therapies.

Also, even if it was a choice, why the hell should it matter?

So you're assuming that my father straps people down to chairs and shocks them until they're straight? There is no "therapy", just preaching. You can choose to listen or you can go home and never return.

It doesn't matter, but when you want to jump down my throat for calling it a lifestyle choice, which it is at times, I'm going to say something about it.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So you're assuming that my father straps people down to chairs and shocks them until they're straight? There is no "therapy", just preaching. You can choose to listen or you can go home and never return.

It doesn't matter, but when you want to jump down my throat for calling it a lifestyle choice, which it is at times, I'm going to say something about it.
I never said anything about your father. I never mentioned shock treatment either. Stop putting words in my mouth and stop taking everything I say as a personal attack. I understand that your religious beliefs are important to you, but if they're being used to justify bigotry and hatred you have to be able to deal with the criticisms you'll receive. If your father's preaching consists of sitting someone down and telling them that something innate in themselves is inherently wrong and against the word of god, that would constitute therapy and yes, I would say your father's preaching is psychologically damaging and completely unnecessary.

Also, if you wanna play it that way, you can't jump down my throat for calling Christians bigots because certainly a very vocal portion of them are.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I never said anything about your father. I never mentioned shock treatment either. Stop putting words in my mouth and stop taking everything I say as a personal attack. I understand that your religious beliefs are important to you, but if they're being used to justify bigotry and hatred you have to be able to deal with the criticisms you'll receive. If your father's preaching consists of sitting someone down and telling them that something innate in themselves is inherently wrong and against the word of god, then yes, I would say your father's preaching is psychologically damaging and completely unnecessary.

Also, if you wanna play it that way, you can't jump down my throat for calling Christians bigots because certainly a very vocal portion of them are.
So have you completely missed the posts in this thread where I highlight the misguided Christians, or are you still intent on grouping us all in together? My dad doesn't sit anyone down and say "LOOK, YOU'RE WRONG, CHANGE YOUR WAYS!". It's a voluntary process called "Alter Call" where people walk up after the sermon and ask for prayer. That's it. The people make their own choices in what they want changed about their lives and he helps them along the way. If that man doesn't want to be gay anymore, then you have to respect his decision, just like I respect your decision to stop being religious.